Tip.It Times Presents: Pure Essence, Pure Disaster?

oddfaery2

Jagex has a difficult job- Appealing to the large variety of people who play this game, and making sure all of their needs are satiated can be difficult. Not only must they provide a constant stream of updates for the pay-to-play members, but they must try to prevent the updates from destroying the economy and lives of the free-to-play people.

While Jagex comes up with many updates that abate our desire for something creative and new, they occasionally make a mistake- They ARE HUMAN.

Don't think I am not upset with the new update as well- I had well over seventeen thousand essence that has been automatically converted into pure essence- And I am not a member. I used to be, but am no longer. So this has effected me as well. The seventeen thousand essence represents a small but sizable five-hundred and ten thousand gold coin investment, which is now effectively scrapped.

Unless Jagex provides the customer service they seem to be adept at providing. Which I have faith that they shall. Not only do they try to manage the thousands upon thousands of players and their contentment, but they also try to maintain a form of peace- if that's possible, with all the rabbling self-centered players that complain at the slightest tip of the delicate balance of which we find ourselves so complacent with...

I am certain that Jagex will take to heart what has been said, and they will correct the problem. Consequently, I do not plauge their forums with the constant dribble that so many of the... inept... people do.

In short, you must all learn not to complain and be quite so harsh. Jagex tries to provide an excellent game that creates a haven of rest and enjoyment so many of us enjoy.

While I do not mean this letter to be scathing or demeaning, you should consider it so if you have been doing nothing but complaining about the mistake that was made. If you have been a little upset, do not be rebuffed, but know that I feel for you as well. Take heart, as Jagex will correct the problem as soon as they can.

Just remember that Jagex has a deticated staff of people who work for once purpose: your enjoyment of the game. So try to show some grace when an error is made. They were trying an attempt at making the game yet even more better by removing some of the auto-miners... Which had a latent-dysfunction of an economical upheaval.

All will be fixed in due time.

Let us first not readily display the error of our neighbor, yet provide a correct and helpful critique of their actions, as well as a solution.

~Article copywritten by Lerarien~

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good article. I agree, this is a horrible update. With this update only member scan mine pure essence. F2pers mine nearly all essence. Ess prices will go crazy! They should make it so that f2pers can mine pure essence, but only at lvl 20 or 30 mining or something like that. Ess prices would dtill be higher than before, but they wouldnt be as high as now.

I don't think I can agree with either of your first two suggestions

My account that I play on daily, is level 3, 480 levels total (I think), so if either of your first two suggestions were brought in, I wouldn't be able to mine ess any more. Getting to 500 levels total, *especially* when f2p is a lot more difficult if you choose not to play using combat at all. I certainly wouldn't survive against level 25 monsters :P

I do agree that f2p members have been gipped with this, all existing ess should've been changed to pure ess.

But some of your suggestions would also prove impossible for genuine low level players to keep on mining ess, and would be just as unfair on them, as this solution has been on people.

i agree with all the things, but for the monsters, it could be like a swarm, as in you couldnt atk it or recoil it (but after a certain cb lvl they wouldn't be agressive)

i honestly do think that, if the demand is high and the supply is low, it will not only make rune and ess prices higher, but possible jewellery prices and any pkers that would be a full out mage, would be extremely hard to upkeep

yet i think the req runes for ice spells would really go up, since you dont really need a lvl to hit hard and often, just the spell

I dont know why pure ess prices are 50gp each, think about it, it does the EXACT same thing it did a few days ago, made runes, except for two things, the name changed, and the people who could use them changed, but it still does the same thing, but people think that since it is "pure" it must be worth more, but again, it does the EXACT SAME THING AS BEFORE.

siggynewwr0.jpg

Srt252.png

Srt252.png

they should just IP ban the stupid cheating bastrds....we're over here tryin to make moeny instead of training our accoutns and their trainign while making money

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

I dont know why pure ess prices are 50gp each, think about it, it does the EXACT same thing it did a few days ago, made runes, except for two things, the name changed, and the people who could use them changed, but it still does the same thing, but people think that since it is "pure" it must be worth more, but again, it does the EXACT SAME THING AS BEFORE.

The difference is, now only members can mine pure ess. How many members were mining ess before this update? The number is probably in the vicinity of none. That means that almost nobody is mining pure ess, but there are still just as many nature runecrafters that want to buy them.

It is perfectly reasonable for pure ess prices to increase by the same percent that ess supply has decreased. Therefore if 75% of the ess miners cannot sell to the members who buy them anymore, the prices of pure ess can be expected to be four times greater than they previously were.

31509signature.gif

Three words describe it:

"Supply and Demand".

Great article! :D

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

The low level monsters seems like a cool idea, but I don't think that it should revolve around combat level.

How about a random event like trivia question/easy puzzle (Is this a. a sheep, b. a ring or c. a fish?) that way it barely slows people down but you need to be an active player.

1690 total and unranked strength. Headed for 1800.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

I like the irony (no wait, paradoxicality) in how there's a spelling error in this sig.

Wow a lot of stuff since i last looked!

(To finally stop rune essence macros, further measures will need to be taken. There will still be some market for regular rune essence, and considering how little it takes to mine it, there will not be serious drawbacks to doing it. Perhaps Jagex should consider an alternative to hinder the ability of level 3 accounts mining essence.)

So your saying that all lvl 3 are macros

How about all pure skillers that dont wanna do combat but just noncombat skill

You dont want them to mine there own rune ess

So basicly you want to kill all lvl 3 pure skillers it sounds like it nyway

I never said all level 3s are macroers... most macroers are level 3s...

As I've already said, yes, some of these solutions would make it impossible for legitimate level 3s to mine essence, but which is worse, this dilemma for at most a couple thousand who aren't willing to raise combat, or not stopping the massive thousands of auto-mining accounts, which mine enough essence for at least 10 times the # of legit players, making it impossible for any legitimate player to sell their essence for the price they deserve?

hey, did you not read the article, pure essence on free servors on runescape.com? next week they are gonna let free players sell any pure essence they had. stop worrying about this

it would seem YOU can't read (since you seem to flame our ability)... The only free players who have pure essence, as far as i know, are members whose subscriptions have run out. Players who have always been f2p were stuck with regular essence.

I think the pure essence was a good idea.

It prevents macroeing for being profitable, and raises ess prices for all the ess miners like me.

Pure essence, in the form it is now, has done NOTHING to stop macroers, and has ONLY benefited members who are willing to mine essence.

Why not stock the pure essence in the magic guild or something, stock 5k-10k at a time for 25-30gp each at maximum. I havent thought about it really so correct me if you find fault. I personally dont care as im retired, and i also know JaGex can be a little stuborn at times. They cant stand the fact that they pay people to figure this stuff out and here we are with better ideas that we could of thought of on the toilet. No offense to oddfaery with that, kudos with t3h gr8 alternatives.

If you stocked pure essence in the guild, there would be no incentive to mine it.

I don't think I can agree with either of your first two suggestions

My account that I play on daily, is level 3, 480 levels total (I think), so if either of your first two suggestions were brought in, I wouldn't be able to mine ess any more. Getting to 500 levels total, *especially* when f2p is a lot more difficult if you choose not to play using combat at all. I certainly wouldn't survive against level 25 monsters :P

I do agree that f2p members have been gipped with this, all existing ess should've been changed to pure ess.

But some of your suggestions would also prove impossible for genuine low level players to keep on mining ess, and would be just as unfair on them, as this solution has been on people.

As I said, the levels suggested were merely for the sake of example. Jagex would be the ones who determine that. Yes, I know monsters would make it hard for mining essence, but if you're 480 skill total, you can mine other things for faster xp and money anyway (assuming mining is a good portion of those levels), which could be sold to buy essence.

I know that would make it hard, but there are very, very few legitimate level 3 ess miners compared to the swarms of macroers

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

Jagex has a difficult job- Appealing to the large variety of people who play this game, and making sure all of their needs are satiated can be difficult. Not only must they provide a constant stream of updates for the pay-to-play members, but they must try to prevent the updates from destroying the economy and lives of the free-to-play people.

While Jagex comes up with many updates that abate our desire for something creative and new, they occasionally make a mistake- They ARE HUMAN.

Don't think I am not upset with the new update as well- I had well over seventeen thousand essence that has been automatically converted into pure essence- And I am not a member. I used to be, but am no longer. So this has effected me as well. The seventeen thousand essence represents a small but sizable five-hundred and ten thousand gold coin investment, which is now effectively scrapped.

Unless Jagex provides the customer service they seem to be adept at providing. Which I have faith that they shall. Not only do they try to manage the thousands upon thousands of players and their contentment, but they also try to maintain a form of peace- if that's possible, with all the rabbling self-centered players that complain at the slightest tip of the delicate balance of which we find ourselves so complacent with...

I am certain that Jagex will take to heart what has been said, and they will correct the problem. Consequently, I do not plauge their forums with the constant dribble that so many of the... inept... people do.

In short, you must all learn not to complain and be quite so harsh. Jagex tries to provide an excellent game that creates a haven of rest and enjoyment so many of us enjoy.

While I do not mean this letter to be scathing or demeaning, you should consider it so if you have been doing nothing but complaining about the mistake that was made. If you have been a little upset, do not be rebuffed, but know that I feel for you as well. Take heart, as Jagex will correct the problem as soon as they can.

Just remember that Jagex has a deticated staff of people who work for once purpose: your enjoyment of the game. So try to show some grace when an error is made. They were trying an attempt at making the game yet even more better by removing some of the auto-miners... Which had a latent-dysfunction of an economical upheaval.

All will be fixed in due time.

Let us first not readily display the error of our neighbor, yet provide a correct and helpful critique of their actions, as well as a solution.

~Article copywritten by Lerarien~

Yes, I am aware that it is easy to complain, but this article isn't just meant to be a complaint, and I have posted previous articles giving props to Jagex for their efforts. I try to be two-sided as much as I can.

Point is, that at least one of these things is happening:

1: Jagex wants these macroers to pay for membership in order to get the money, ban them, rinse and repeat, making tons off accounts without providing them service.

2: This could be a way to get macroers to pay for membership, in order to get accurate personal information, and press charges for violation of terms of service... A good idea, yes, but could have been done without screwing over legitimate f2pers

3: Jagex merely did not think this thru enough, and believed this would actually stop macroers, which is hasn't.

Article merely states that the same update could have been done without hurting legit players (by turning all existing ess into pure ess), and that what was done will not stop f2p ess macroers.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

I think that everybody beleives that this pure essence update didn't really do much to stop macros. And like alot of people have said, pure essence will go up in price because most members haves better ways of making money and wont supply enough ess, and yes to whoever said that rune prices will go because pure essence is now the only type of essence that can make runes like laws, nats, bloods.

im also going to lose alot of money. I have over 10k of free world ess in my bank that i bought 300k+. Now i cant sell it without lossing money because nobody wants to buy this type of ess anymore. and Im sure alot of other people are in the same situation im in.

Im not sure if anyone has mentioned this but macroers can still mine ess and for all we know some of them might not sell the actual ess, but they might use the runes they made from the ess to practise magic or sell those runes for real life money. So then end result have, in my opinoin, made matters worse. Jagex may have stopped some macroes, but they;ll just move to p2p.

ohdearyouaredead3dl.png

ihavearightfinald5er7be.gif

Nice Article, horrific update. Worst EVER! I Can't handle nature prices going up, i love alching and fletching.

As for my own solution to the problem i say have 1 type of ess like before to craft all runes, but instead of being able to mine at level 1, make the requirment lvl 50 mining or so.

~~Proud Member of The Supreme Skillers~~

bigdawgtt.png

silverandblackfinishvr8.gif

i'll be interested to see how the economy goes after jagex change things back, course for macroers, they dont' even need to sell their ess, they can just keep storing it up, then when the ess change is lifted they make a killing.

i'm seriously against macroers, but even if there is a ban on ess, they'll still get high mining levels, before u know it, they'll be mining rune

wat next unpure and pure rune ores?

runefranger,1%20B%20L%20I%20T%20Z.gif

I'm just glad I sold my 80K of ess last month...before this debacle. No, none of it was autoed, I *used to* merchant ess. buy@25. sell@30. Where else you gonna get 20% instant profit??

Anyway, here's my two cents.

To whom it /should/ concern (especially the folks at Jagex),

You people should know your "enemy" better before you make pronouncements about what will "totally eliminate autoers" and whatnot. Bank Pins? Numbers shouted by teleport NPC's? Numbered Boxes?! HA!! You should know that there are *currently available* macros (by the way...they're usually called scripts) available that will defeat all of those with little or no modifications.

As a person who has written numerous scripts myself--from scratch nonetheless--I feel I am qualified to speak about this. Before you decide to scream and tyrade at me, hear me out...you may learn something.

The scripting world is far more advanced than most people realize. Did you know that there are "includes" (script pieces which can be added to any script with almost no effort) which completely defeat _every_ current random event. Did you know that there are includes that solve mysterious boxes? Ones which interact with NPCs like the Drunken Dwarf, Dr. Ford, and Rick Turpentine? Do you know how long it took for the first bank PIN include to be made publicly available *FOR FREE*? It was out the very next day (and it should have been sooner IMHO). Do you realize that the currently most popular scripting solutions can read any text on screen (and make decisions based on it), interact with simple puzzles (like PINs), and pick NPCs out of a crowd??? (And I mean a CROWD...like World 1 Varrock.) For instance there is a script which will create a new account, log into RS, finish Tutorial Island, finish the Rune Mysteries quest, and start mining ess? Pretty scary, huh? Know what's worse? It can be looped...auto-detect if the account has been banned, and just repeat the script...ALL WITH JUST TWO MOUSE CLICKS TO START IT. Do you realize that the next generation of scripting programs (currently in development and looming large on the horizon) will even have SOUND RECOGNITION?

Now that you're terrified, let me give you the good news. The scripters are not going to flood the members worlds. Why? Because a membership takes something that no scripter can code...no matter how good they are. A membership takes a real identity. You have to pay for one with a phone call, a credit card, PayPal, etc...and it's really easy to ban a real person from making numerous accounts. The only ways around such things would be more sinister methods (bordering on...if not crossing into...ILLEGAL...not just violating Jagex's TOS, but actual LAWS). I'm talking about things like credit card fraud and identity theft. Things that the average scripters aren't going to want tangled up in, even if they are someone who engages in real-world trading...the FBI (or Scotland Yard...or whoever) is a pretty good membership-abuse-deterrent. Sure you'll run into the occasional scripter once in a while, but not with anywhere near the frequencey that you find them in the free worlds.

Having said this, I'd like to offer some solutions. I have to agree with the folks who are talking about flooding the mines with low-level monsters. I think this is honestly a good idea. It *can* be scripted around...for instance have the bot bring food...but it's going to be pretty cumbersome. My improvement: add a new ess mine (or new section of the old mine). This mine could allow you to mine something like 500 ess without fear of being attacked (so the legit new players can get a leg up), after that you have to go to the "hostile" section (much like tutorial island). However, you would not be allowed in until you had met some other requirement, like 10 in each level (or 200 total in non-mining levels...or a minimum of 40 combat...or whetever...but not another quest...too easily scripted). This would allow the legit players to have easy access to the ess mines (how hard is it to get 10 in each level...really?), but it would *seriously deter* the scripters. (No, I did not say stop completely...and for good reason...anything in-game can be scripted...some things are just harder to do.)

The idea here is to make it so much of a hassle for the people running the scripts (not the people writing them...we're driven not repelled by a challenge) that it actually becomes a hassle to use them. Imagine if you will that you are a script-user. (I know...SHUDDER SHUDDER...just pretend for a minute, ok?) You've just bought this great ess-mining script for 500K (or $5USD...or a month of membership...yes people trade memberships on the RS black market...try to stay on track here). Anyway, you just bought this script and you start it up and walk away. Eight hours later, you come home from school, and check the script's status report. (Yes most scripts tell you after each load how they are doing.) You find that the script created an account with the (dead-givaway "macroer") name essguy847920, talked to 8 random events, ran from 2 events, spotted 1 moderator, logged in and out 16 times, mined 2K ess (huh???? that can't be right??? that should be more like 20K.), banked 586 ess (WHERE'D ALL THE REST GO?!?!?!), and died 400 times (WHAT?!?!?! THERE'S NO WAY I DIED 400 TIMES!!!! THIS SCRIPT SUCKS!!!!) No, the script doesn't suck you're trying to auto on something that has been specifically designed to prevent autoing...the new ess mine. Woudn't it be cool if that's the way it worked? Do you know how long it would take to make that script purchase profitable??? I'll Do the math for ya...35 days, 13 hours 14 minutes 35 seconds. Do you think anyone can "macro" for that long without being banned??? I think not. Do you know how many people are going to buy and use a script that is not going to make them a profit? ZERO. It's just that simple.

I think that the idea of having a place where new players can mine a few hundred ess without being hassled is a new way to look at it, and flooding the main ess mine with *unattackable* creatures who attack based on combat level OR overall level is the best solution I can come up with. These creatures would not even have an attack option...so you don't accidentally pick a fight instead of "pick"-ing a rock. (pun intended :-P) You don't want to have any combat skills...okay...have at least 10 or 20 in everything else and you can mine ess. A legit player won't mind this as these skills are fun to play with too and 10 or 20 isn't really very hard to get. But an "autoer" is going to find this a total pain because now it takes 4 or 5 hours to make a character to mine ess that will be banned in probably less than 10 total hours of mining.

Congratulations, you've actually made it painful to use a script...not like punch-in-the-face painful; even better, you've made it financially painful--which is the only painful a scripter really cares about.

I think a system like this would be useful on every resource location--especially locations where you are in "competition" for the resource (like yews and ores). These "resource guardians" could be as simple as an electric arc from the resource, or as complicated as golems. They could be created once (you'd only need to script one NPC) and deployed at all the resource locations. You could have them wander the areas that are heavily populated by scripters, and congregate around the actual resource locations (fishing spots, mines, high-lvl trees, etc.). Doing this would nearly eliminate all macroing. How cool would that be?

What is 4 or 5 hours of an MMORPG player's time...peanuts. But to a bot it's a lifetime.

Literally.

~joe_schmoe

===============================================

These ideas are joe_schmoe's. joe_schmoe made them up, and you may not take credit for them. Feel free to post this anywhere so long as it is unmodified and this little part stays intact.

I'm just glad I sold my 80K of ess last month...before this debacle. No, none of it was autoed, I *used to* merchant ess. buy@25. sell@30. Where else you gonna get 20% instant profit??

Anyway, here's my two cents.

To whom it /should/ concern (especially the folks at Jagex),

You people should know your "enemy" better before you make pronouncements about what will "totally eliminate autoers" and whatnot. Bank Pins? Numbers shouted by teleport NPC's? Numbered Boxes?! HA!! You should know that there are *currently available* macros (by the way...they're usually called scripts) available that will defeat all of those with little or no modifications.

As a person who has written numerous scripts myself--from scratch nonetheless--I feel I am qualified to speak about this. Before you decide to scream and tyrade at me, hear me out...you may learn something.

The scripting world is far more advanced than most people realize. Did you know that there are "includes" (script pieces which can be added to any script with almost no effort) which completely defeat _every_ current random event. Did you know that there are includes that solve mysterious boxes? Ones which interact with NPCs like the Drunken Dwarf, Dr. Ford, and Rick Turpentine? Do you know how long it took for the first bank PIN include to be made publicly available *FOR FREE*? It was out the very next day (and it should have been sooner IMHO). Do you realize that the currently most popular scripting solutions can read any text on screen (and make decisions based on it), interact with simple puzzles (like PINs), and pick NPCs out of a crowd??? (And I mean a CROWD...like World 1 Varrock.) For instance there is a script which will create a new account, log into RS, finish Tutorial Island, finish the Rune Mysteries quest, and start mining ess? Pretty scary, huh? Know what's worse? It can be looped...auto-detect if the account has been banned, and just repeat the script...ALL WITH JUST TWO MOUSE CLICKS TO START IT. Do you realize that the next generation of scripting programs (currently in development and looming large on the horizon) will even have SOUND RECOGNITION?

Now that you're terrified, let me give you the good news. The scripters are not going to flood the members worlds. Why? Because a membership takes something that no scripter can code...no matter how good they are. A membership takes a real identity. You have to pay for one with a phone call, a credit card, PayPal, etc...and it's really easy to ban a real person from making numerous accounts. The only ways around such things would be more sinister methods (bordering on...if not crossing into...ILLEGAL...not just violating Jagex's TOS, but actual LAWS). I'm talking about things like credit card fraud and identity theft. Things that the average scripters aren't going to want tangled up in, even if they are someone who engages in real-world trading...the FBI (or Scotland Yard...or whoever) is a pretty good membership-abuse-deterrent. Sure you'll run into the occasional scripter once in a while, but not with anywhere near the frequencey that you find them in the free worlds.

Having said this, I'd like to offer some solutions. I have to agree with the folks who are talking about flooding the mines with low-level monsters. I think this is honestly a good idea. It *can* be scripted around...for instance have the bot bring food...but it's going to be pretty cumbersome. My improvement: add a new ess mine (or new section of the old mine). This mine could allow you to mine something like 500 ess without fear of being attacked (so the legit new players can get a leg up), after that you have to go to the "hostile" section (much like tutorial island). However, you would not be allowed in until you had met some other requirement, like 10 in each level (or 200 total in non-mining levels...or a minimum of 40 combat...or whetever...but not another quest...too easily scripted). This would allow the legit players to have easy access to the ess mines (how hard is it to get 10 in each level...really?), but it would *seriously deter* the scripters. (No, I did not say stop completely...and for good reason...anything in-game can be scripted...some things are just harder to do.)

The idea here is to make it so much of a hassle for the people running the scripts (not the people writing them...we're driven not repelled by a challenge) that it actually becomes a hassle to use them. Imagine if you will that you are a script-user. (I know...SHUDDER SHUDDER...just pretend for a minute, ok?) You've just bought this great ess-mining script for 500K (or $5USD...or a month of membership...yes people trade memberships on the RS black market...try to stay on track here). Anyway, you just bought this script and you start it up and walk away. Eight hours later, you come home from school, and check the script's status report. (Yes most scripts tell you after each load how they are doing.) You find that the script created an account with the (dead-givaway "macroer") name essguy847920, talked to 8 random events, ran from 2 events, spotted 1 moderator, logged in and out 16 times, mined 2K ess (huh???? that can't be right??? that should be more like 20K.), banked 586 ess (WHERE'D ALL THE REST GO?!?!?!), and died 400 times (WHAT?!?!?! THERE'S NO WAY I DIED 400 TIMES!!!! THIS SCRIPT SUCKS!!!!) No, the script doesn't suck you're trying to auto on something that has been specifically designed to prevent autoing...the new ess mine. Woudn't it be cool if that's the way it worked? Do you know how long it would take to make that script purchase profitable??? I'll Do the math for ya...35 days, 13 hours 14 minutes 35 seconds. Do you think anyone can "macro" for that long without being banned??? I think not. Do you know how many people are going to buy and use a script that is not going to make them a profit? ZERO. It's just that simple.

I think that the idea of having a place where new players can mine a few hundred ess without being hassled is a new way to look at it, and flooding the main ess mine with *unattackable* creatures who attack based on combat level OR overall level is the best solution I can come up with. These creatures would not even have an attack option...so you don't accidentally pick a fight instead of "pick"-ing a rock. (pun intended :-P) You don't want to have any combat skills...okay...have at least 10 or 20 in everything else and you can mine ess. A legit player won't mind this as these skills are fun to play with too and 10 or 20 isn't really very hard to get. But an "autoer" is going to find this a total pain because now it takes 4 or 5 hours to make a character to mine ess that will be banned in probably less than 10 total hours of mining.

Congratulations, you've actually made it painful to use a script...not like punch-in-the-face painful; even better, you've made it financially painful--which is the only painful a scripter really cares about.

I think a system like this would be useful on every resource location--especially locations where you are in "competition" for the resource (like yews and ores). These "resource guardians" could be as simple as an electric arc from the resource, or as complicated as golems. They could be created once (you'd only need to script one NPC) and deployed at all the resource locations. You could have them wander the areas that are heavily populated by scripters, and congregate around the actual resource locations (fishing spots, mines, high-lvl trees, etc.). Doing this would nearly eliminate all macroing. How cool would that be?

What is 4 or 5 hours of an MMORPG player's time...peanuts. But to a bot it's a lifetime.

Literally.

~joe_schmoe

===============================================

These ideas are joe_schmoe's. joe_schmoe made them up, and you may not take credit for them. Feel free to post this anywhere so long as it is unmodified and this little part stays intact.

Although I don't aprreciate what you are doing, you were 100% spot on. What you said is exactly what they should do. Time is what autoer's hate and thats how Jagex need to beat them.

With all honesty Jagex should bribe you in getting ideas for how to beat the macroers. If anyone would know it would be someone like you. And to cut the (insert profanity) they haven't done a good job at beating them so far.

Jagex in my opinion need to start making the right decisions against autoers or the problem will never stop no matter how many frquent (random) events they create. They will just be "going around the mountain" time after time trying to fix this problem which is crippling Runescape.

And to think scripting is getting more and more advanced. Eeek the Dark Side of RS is growing "vibrantly". Doesn't surprise me.

very interesting read... but yeah, that's exactly why the update's ineffective. They need to make it impossible for level 3s with no skills to mine ess

tipitcrewex8.jpg

LOL, i accidentally created a new forum topic for my message. Anyway here it is:

There is a very easy solution here! Just create a 2nd ess mine, which is accessable to free players. To access it, you need to have done a quest with requirements like 30 mining and runecrafting, and rune mysteries of course. This is still very easy to attain, while is will pose a significant challenge for bots, who will be detected before they can meet all the requirements. This means that the thousands of f2p noobs who make money by mining ess will still be able to introduce millions of new ess into the world every day, so the prices of essence will remain where they should be.

And for your information smart one, the prices have gone up because now only members can access the essence that can be used to create high level runes, and members don't like to mine ess because they have better stuff to do (generally), so there is less ess coming into the world so it is more rare so it costs more.

i think the way they've changed it is just fine. why do people pay for essence anyways? it doesn't take that long to do, and as far as trying to make money, there are so many more productive ways to do THAT. Its bad enough that were all so lazy as to sit in front of the computer for hours, that we dont want to click to make money/get runes? dunno, but it sounds like a problem...lol :!: :?:

you just answered your own question...

If there are "so many more productive ways" to make money, then a player that can do one of them will do that and then use the money to buy ess.

I am getting ready to train RCing, and was going to go mine 12k ess, when i realized i could buy it for around 350k, which doesn't take me that long to make by selling fish. So that's what i am doing instead.

Just a thought about the enchanted pickaxe soloution. Say if you used a normal pickaxe you could only mine normal ess. However lets say when you get to a high enough runecrafting lvl you would be able to do a subquest that enabled you to buy an enchanted pickaxe that would mine pure ess. I think this would be a better way to implement this soloution.

That's gotta be the best idea i've heard do far!