Tip.It Times Presents: Pure Essence, Pure Disaster?

oddfaery2

I dont know why pure ess prices are 50gp each, think about it, it does the EXACT same thing it did a few days ago, made runes, except for two things, the name changed, and the people who could use them changed, but it still does the same thing, but people think that since it is "pure" it must be worth more, but again, it does the EXACT SAME THING AS BEFORE.

Yes, pure is basically the same a regualar essence before

the difference is that there isn't as much of it, cause f2p can't mine it. Therefore it is more money

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My reaction to this update in 1 word: devasted.

Sure the ess macro'ers needed to be dealt with, but what happened to the IP bans they had previously implemented? And couldn't they have done something?

As said in the article, if you're going to mine for money, iron other ores are faster money and experience. So who would want to get to 30 mining, and become member for a slower method?

And not all non-member ess miners are macro'ers. Doing this would be like bombing NYC with a nuke in order to get rid of the petty thieves. In the end it won't solve anything, and will just get more people hurt.

And as a runecrafter this update is looking like it will do nothing but hurt certain areas of the economy. Not just runecrafting. But once the initial supply of stocked rune ess runs out, then we'll have to find a price at which members will mine the ess. And no matter what you say, there is a HUGE difference between the member and non-member economies in Runescape.

Those higher ess prices (possibly record high) could then trigger one of two things. Rune prices could stay the same, while the ess prices potentially triple from their pre-pure essence prices (making cosmic runes and up a lot costlier to make). That, or the prices could rise with the pure essence prices. At which point training mage would definately become a lot harder. Cosmic runes would certain rise, so using the Mage Training Arena would be that much harder. Not to mention law and nature prices, and I think we all know what they're used for.

So overall, I think that this weeks update was overkill and unneeded. Right now I just hope Pure Essence prices stay steady, or else who knows what may happen.[/b]

EDIT: And I liked some of joe_schmoe's ideas. Personally not knowing much about computer programming I don't know how much of what he is saying is true, but his ideas are definately right. Make things that also look at your total level. So just having just 10-15 of each skill would make essence mining for humans fairly easy. But for the autoers with only mining levels, it would make it extremely hard. In that way we are fighting auto'ers in the way they should be fought; with time. Real players have tons of time. But for an account that will most likely be banned by the end of the day, an hour or two would be detrimental. And if it ends up being so inefficeint, then eventually they will fall out of fashion.

And if jagex gets that idea to work, I truely believe that ess macro's will become a whole lot less enticing.

91 RC!!! #332 to get it!

"D'you wear a black armband

When they shot the man

Who said 'Peace could last forever'" Guns N' Roses

This was a terribly stupid move. With the increase in price of the essence required to make them, death, chaos, law, and nature runes will make further increases in price (mage training arena, as you might know, caused a recent rise in demand). While this means excellent news for rune merchants, it also means drawbacks for alchemists and potential mages. I propose giving free accounts who become members the ability to convert normal essence into pure essence upon reaching a certain mining or runecrafting level.

you are right, i was member and have memberstuff waitingfor me in my bank for when im member again. i nwas training my runecrafting with home mined essence, but now i cant use it anymore. it sucks. i like your solutions, the one that pure ess is also f2p is best. although the monsters are also good.

I hate this update, prices are skyrocketing and my little brother can't mine some rune ess when he wants some runes anymore...it's just dumb :?

I'm kinda glad I still had 171K on my main, but on the other hand...I need about 200K ess more for 91 RC, gonna be a lot harder now :evil:

10y3vig.png

proudtitan.png

i really like the monster idea.... and my first thought when i read that was that jagex made a mistake. Members do not mine essence. Free players do. All this will do is increase rune prices and hurt the economy. I like the idea about the monster... or like getting 10 or 20 in every level first. This will also probably affect the price of trees (one of the best ways to make cash on free worlds) as well (those fletcher who high alch their bow will pay more for nats... so theyll pay less for trees). Jagex NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS to make pure essence getable on free worlds in a way that doesnt need other players. Or maybe need other players like shield of arrav quest or heroes. Something else i thought of... why dont you have a botting scan right when a person tries to enter the mine??

And i really like joe_schmoe ideas. Read his post if you want im too lazy to list his ideas.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

ok i red it on rs and on here something id like to note is the banning of players who purchase illegally mined items. why ban them they dont know it was obtained illegally. I can understand when it comes to massive gold transfer caus eof people who purchase and sell rs gold on auctions site but with items like essence its wrong to ban ligitimate players who purchase it they aint psychic they dont know how it was obtained.

I don't know how many other people have played since the glory days of rs1, but if you remember fatigue - sleeping bags required you to type in a word after you slept to prevent autoing - it helped a little bit, but I think that you could do the same thing for entering and exiting the rune essence mine, also if this update occurred, I would suggest merging normal essence and rune essence back into one item, sure, some people would lose money, but it would save a lot of other people a lot more

i hate the pure essence that they made! I say that they should just make it so that non-members can just mine pure essence at 30 mining and at least lvl 15 in 5 other skills. This would make it so pures can still be pures, and so that autoers wont be able to mine it at lvl 1 everything except for mining.

yes, i will get a better signiature, this is actually my first post on the tipit forums :D

LOL, i accidentally created a new forum topic for my message. Anyway here it is:

There is a very easy solution here! Just create a 2nd ess mine, which is accessable to free players. To access it, you need to have done a quest with requirements like 30 mining and runecrafting, and rune mysteries of course. This is still very easy to attain, while is will pose a significant challenge for bots, who will be detected before they can meet all the requirements. This means that the thousands of f2p noobs who make money by mining ess will still be able to introduce millions of new ess into the world every day, so the prices of essence will remain where they should be.

Okay never mind this. When i posted this (2 times!), i had forgotten that Jagex would rather die than make an update available to f2pers

swarming the place with npcs is a bad idea, as said before alpt of low lvl players legitimetly mine essence as a way to make money

it would be unfair to them to make it so they cant go there without being in danger of dying

not only that but most the the legitimate essence on the market comes form the low lvl miners who use it as a source of money, making it so they couldnt mine it would raise the prices of essence

i like the idea of having a puzzle to solve to get in to the mining place, it might b e annoying but it would only take 2 seconds

for instance before you get teleported aubury will ask you to chose from 3 numbers which are radnomly selected from numbers 1-9

the number he wants you to choose will appear in the text box and all you have to do i choose that number

i think that would be an easy way to stop macroers

[omg] who cares if its nerfed or fixed....

you people will argue over the color of a green apple if it was a topic on this fourm god.

Mining essense is completely boring and gives you hardly any experience, that is why people like to buy it. The only people mining it are low levels, which has been throwing off the game a lot. Everyone seems to own full rune before they even have the levels to equipt it nowadays. I suggest that instead of having to mine rune essense there should be a place where you can just buy it at a fixed price of 40-50 gp a piece. Once all the macroed essense is used up the price is going to jump to maybe even 80 gp a piece. No one wants to waste their membership time mining rune essense.

I think this is the easiest solution:

Lets pretend your mining coal. You have to mine it, wait a bit, mine it, wait a bit over and over again. Why not do this with Rune Essence? When Aubury teleports you to the Rune Ess mine, you have your own individiual mine, but instead of your guy automatically mining it, you have to wait for it to respawn or whatever, and lets just pretend it takes a minute to respawn and there is only one rock. Then there will be no fighting over rocks, no lower lvls will die and autoers will take much longer to mine ess. It will take over 30 minutes to mine just one load of ess (1 minute respawn time 28 times means 28 minutes, plus the time needing to mine the actual ess). And then combine that with that other idea, that instead of you guy being teleported back to varrock, maybe to lvl 40 wilderness or some remote place like that.

The end result? Ess will still be in the market, lower lvls will still be able to mine it and no fighting over it because you always have your individual portal.

Or if that doesn't work, destroy the whole Ess mine together and just make Rune Esssence a normal rock like iron, coal, mithril and put some in the Mining Guild and in Dwarven mines. Genius.

ohdearyouaredead3dl.png

ihavearightfinald5er7be.gif

I think this is the easiest solution:

Lets pretend your mining coal. You have to mine it, wait a bit, mine it, wait a bit over and over again. Why not do this with Rune Essence? When Aubury teleports you to the Rune Ess mine, you have your own individiual mine, but instead of your guy automatically mining it, you have to wait for it to respawn or whatever, and lets just pretend it takes a minute to respawn and there is only one rock. Then there will be no fighting over rocks, no lower lvls will die and autoers will take much longer to mine ess. It will take over 30 minutes to mine just one load of ess (1 minute respawn time 28 times means 28 minutes, plus the time needing to mine the actual ess). And then combine that with that other idea, that instead of you guy being teleported back to varrock, maybe to lvl 40 wilderness or some remote place like that.

The end result? Ess will still be in the market, lower lvls will still be able to mine it and no fighting over it because you always have your individual portal.

Or if that doesn't work, destroy the whole Ess mine together and just make Rune Esssence a normal rock like iron, coal, mithril and put some in the Mining Guild and in Dwarven mines. Genius.

1) Making essence into regular mining rocks destroy the whole idea the essence is on a different tier of mined goods than the traditional stuff.

2) Putting it in Mining Guild and Dwarven Mines defeats the purpose of the whole "Rune Mystery"

I am a tree.

One of the pities about RuneScape is that there's that chunk of members that are [developmentally delayed]ed and spam nothing but "CHANGE IT BACK!!!!!111" on the official RS boards, and then there's that chunk of freeworlders who can't say jack in the offical RS boards but actually have a sense of reason and end up posting on a forum like this one here and not be heard by Jagex, ever. Unfortunately Jagex prefers idiots with money than intelliects without.

I think, if Jagex is leaving things the way it is right now, they ought to add in noted pure essence into high-level monster drops (lesser demons, greater demons, ice giants/warriors, white knights, and all the other insane member monsters that I don't know about) along with allowing pure essence to be traded on f2p so f2pers can help calm down the essence price.

I am a tree.

Some one Posted and suggested to make "an enchanted pickaxe , you need 30 mining to use it and at least 10 in 6 other skills , that pickaxe gives you the ability to enter a "new" pure ess mine" ......

A message to macroers:

(you goddam bloody macroer son of &ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã&&* , i wish i can back in time and beat up the A(&(]!ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã who started scripting and macroing and whatever, you are just ruining the game for us .. )

2nddraftqt6.jpg

Join the sodb now!

Thanks to misterxman for the great avatar!

Joe Schmoe mentioned something about a combat or total level requirement to enter the new ess mines.

Couldn't scripters get around this?

How hard would it be to create a script that makes the server think you have a total level of 1400 when it's actually 30?

without getting into specifics, no... they would have to modify the packets being sent to the server, and they would have to mimic authentication... which would take 6 billion years to do, so no.

Also does anyone actually believe that Jagex will undo this and admit that they did something wrong? or is everyone of the mind that Jagex will never admit wrongdoing/idiocy and we shall now be forced to live with this moronic update?

Always selling amulets of strength 3k ea

Joe Schmoe mentioned something about a combat or total level requirement to enter the new ess mines.

How hard would it be to create a script that makes the server think you have a total level of 1400 when it's actually 30?

pretty frickin hard... it would be easier to get 1400 legitimately than figure out this one lol.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

Hard....no...impossible...impossibly hard. All that sort of information is stored server-side (on Jagex's computers), and all the "stat-changers" and "gold multipliers" work client side (only on your computer). The only way to trick the server into thinking you have more levels than you actually do is to actually change them on the Jagex servers which are HEAVILY protected.