Tip.It Times Presents: Pure Essence, Pure Disaster?

oddfaery2

first thing tip.it has asvertisments for selling runescape gold for money on the advertisment bar on top so i cant say that there against reallife trading

Firstly Id point out those ads are by google, they are in no way generated by tip.it. google reads words off your site and attempts to find ads that fit in with what your site is about. Its not human generated, and those rs gold sites have runescape in them, and so does the site, so google thinks its a great match.

secondly I'd like to say im glad the tip.it has address'd the problem on the main page. Sure people complain about updates all the time, but this one is ridiculous indeed. Im just going to copy something I wrote in the rants section because I think it is relevant here as well..

Im sure a vast majority of us here dont work for a large corp. However if we can all sit here and figure out what was going to acually happen with this update and not what jagex was claiming their reasoning to be.. Dont you think they could have put their collective heads together over there and seen what this was going to cause? hmmm makes you wonder really, are they so blind to see that this is just going to drive autoers to the members side? Doesnt it seem like this may have been the underlying point to begin with? They say, if these companys are going to make money off of selling our rs gold, we should get a cut of their money too??

This might drive autoers away from the f2p ess mines, but they will simply move elsewhere.. any level 3 can go pick flax on the member server, and its worth alot more than rune ess. Plus the trip time is probably alot shorter than a trip back and forth from the ess mine. So what are they going to do about that? Cant make pure flax, because its members only.

Whats next pure yews?

I can understand that jagex would rather have paying members, but at the same time, they more than likely make enough money off the advertising to be able to provide servers for free play. Why would they want to lose all their free playing customers? The autoers are acually winning here, jagex is adjusting the game to "Attempt" to rid the game of macrors. When they should be adjusting the game to help their customers not hinder them..

I guess they thought it would be a good idea to make the RS economy alot more like RL. Now not only do you get to learn about economy, you also get a taste of playing the stock market. The essense market crashed yesterday, now people are out alot of money. This is something people wherent ready to be prepared for. There is never a massive sway in prices like this in the game. You could possibly invest in something and hold it for months on end just to have it lose value, but nothing like this.

smallsig2.jpg

RS name- Lunar3klipse, banned 3-16-06: found out theres a new appeal system, I get an extra appeal, fingers crossed.

BTW: Ill give someone a serious dollar, if I can use more than 30kb for a sig size :/ its my hosting for crying out-loud.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice article. I liked your ideas, and thought similar along the lines of Dutty4u, with the bank pin everytime you go to the bank. But quiclkly thought against it while I was fletching logs. But your idea with the pin when you mine is very interesting.

Another "solution" I might add after thinking about yours, was from the one about having monsters flooding the ess mines. Keeping the low level macroers (and unfortunately all other legal low levels) out, but if the solution itself is going to keep all low levels away, then why not just raise the level to mine ess. Something like lvl 25 or 30, since they seem to think level 30 will deter macroers.

Granted that would still destroy low levels from making easy money legitimately, it would still be possible to go back to only one kind of ess.

Like I said in another thread about this, mining is the only skill that can be used almost immediately after tutorial island to make good, if not great, money. As such, there is no reason for autoers to consider anything else in the beginning.

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

yea, about how jagex switched all ess to pure, i saw somebody on the forums selling over 1 milion essence pure. can you say AUTOER?

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

i think jagex should add more muggers and make their respawn time faster.

i personally saw a auto get killed and was wandering all over lumby, didnt move until i opend the lumby castle door...

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Personally, I like the idea of filling the rune ess with monsters.

Personally, I'd like to see dark wizards there. They could even make a quest out of it, and you need to drive the wizards from the ess. If the quest required 10+ in all skills, autoers could never do it, and noncheaters who did the quest or are over level 18 wouldn't be affected

blurredsigla2.jpg

Great article. To me, a "good player" is someone who plays by the rules. And it is a huge bummer when everyone is punished because a few people try to cut corners and cheat. I'm sorry to see so many "good players" so upset about the current rune ess update. Hopefully, it will soon be resolved to the benefit of us all. Also, Thanks for the forum. I think it is important for people young and old to vent and receive feedback. :wink:

With regard to the second suggestion:

Frankly I think that this would create a very good training ground for f2ps level 51 and up. There's no disputing that the level 28 Hill Giants are taking a pounding already. While these swarming, multicombat, fast-spawning monsters might be made to drop nothing at all, whereas the Hillies drop big bones and sometimes limpwurts, the hourly combat xp might still be impressive enough to sway a number of players to sit in the ess mine and play 'butcher'. This would provide some protection for autos, but not enough to be of concern. The real problem (as I see it) is that Jagex might read that, and think, "A faster way to train a stat on f2p? OH NOES!"

Granted, that's a pretty flimsy argument, but I'm of the opinion that after the "Baised Banning" incident, it might only take a little thing like that for Jagex to fly off the handle with some "We have made extremely careful calculations concerning the opportunities for f2p and p2p players to gain experience" rant, and ignore the credibility of the rest of the article, which would be a shame. I'm rather fond of that first solution.

As for proposing a fix...well, I'm far better at playing devil's advocate, but perhaps if the monsters had few hp, with abnormally high defense, or were abnormally fast at attacking, training combat in the essence mines would suddenly be an unappealing prospect. Something like killing chickens with a max hit of 14. In any case, an excellent article, and also a pretty good thread. Some good ideas moving around in here. Great stuff.

Frankly I think that this would create a very good training ground for f2ps level 51 and up. There's no disputing that the level 28 Hill Giants are taking a pounding already. While these swarming, multicombat, fast-spawning monsters might be made to drop nothing at all, whereas the Hillies drop big bones and sometimes limpwurts, the hourly combat xp might still be impressive enough to sway a number of players to sit in the ess mine and play 'butcher'. This would provide some protection for autos, but not enough to be of concern. The real problem (as I see it) is that Jagex might read that, and think, "A faster way to train a stat on f2p? OH NOES!"

Granted, that's a pretty flimsy argument, but I'm of the opinion that after the "Baised Banning" incident, it might only take a little thing like that for Jagex to fly off the handle with some "We have made extremely careful calculations concerning the opportunities for f2p and p2p players to gain experience" rant, and ignore the credibility of the rest of the article, which would be a shame. I'm rather fond of that first solution.

As for proposing a fix...well, I'm far better at playing devil's advocate, but perhaps if the monsters had few hp, with abnormally high defense, or were abnormally fast at attacking, training combat in the essence mines would suddenly be an unappealing prospect. Something like killing chickens with a max hit of 14. In any case, an excellent article, and also a pretty good thread. Some good ideas moving around in here. Great stuff.

This dilemma DID come to mind when I thought of this, but I didn't really go into depth in the article.

The nice thing about multi combat is that monsters won't necessarily stop attacking low levels once somebody else hits them, so their purpose would still stand.

Also, as you may have noticed in the abyss, you get less XP fighting these monsters, which is why you don't see people training there. I imagine if this was a concern, Jagex would implement the same system here, which is why I didn't mention problems with it as a training spot.

But, if neither of those 2 are good enough, they could simply send people higher than a certain combat to a monster-less essence mine, leaving the lower levels alone.

All kinds of things they could do, really.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

I'm probably not the first to say this, but I can't resist... Timmy posted! :)

The monsters in the abyss would be a great combat training ground if it wasn't for the fact that the xp rewards are far lower for killing those monsters. Something similar could be done at the ess mines. I also like Timmy's idea of a high defense. The Broodoo victims are relatively low level, but try standing and fighting them without utilizing their respective weaknesses. They put up a good long fight due to the high defense (well, that and the stat-reducing spells).

This was by far the worst update I have ever seen. So many people who played legit have lost their wealth (the worst case I have seen being Lim's). How could they not have seen this problem? Why is it that a bunch of people on forums can think up better solutions while some of the brightest programmers in Britain cannot? Of course, being the suspicious person I am, I agree with Duke in that I feel this is a way to get more money via autoer's joining members.

yea, about how jagex switched all ess to pure, i saw somebody on the forums selling over 1 milion essence pure. can you say AUTOER?

Yes, i can, but can you say: MERCHER?

Btw, I'll say it again, if giving the autoers a last chance of getting profit of their ess before the update, saves the pocket of all the innocent F2p that got their ess legitimately, then it'll be worth it!

diosesgif11vg.gif

Pkmario

Porygon 64

Black Charlizard

With regard to the last couple of posts:

Excellent! Now that there are several specific solutions to this minor problem in the air, there's one less reason for Jagex to ignore the article. I can comfortably say I'm glad I posted.

And no, dear Doctor, you're the first. I was wondering when that would happen <_<.

Edit: Yes, sorry, pretty spam-ish post. Maybe I just don't give Jagex enough credit to be able to think on their own.

if the runes will get their price up...so mages in wil will begin to not use them, and the high alch would stop....so wcing and flechting will down and down and so on...

This in a long time of course

doubt it... for months, maybe even over a year, natures were steady at 400 each.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

i think the way they've changed it is just fine. why do people pay for essence anyways? it doesn't take that long to do, and as far as trying to make money, there are so many more productive ways to do THAT. Its bad enough that were all so lazy as to sit in front of the computer for hours, that we dont want to click to make money/get runes? dunno, but it sounds like a problem...lol :!: :?:

i think the way they've changed it is just fine. why do people pay for essence anyways? it doesn't take that long to do, and as far as trying to make money, there are so many more productive ways to do THAT. Its bad enough that were all so lazy as to sit in front of the computer for hours, that we dont want to click to make money/get runes? dunno, but it sounds like a problem...lol :!: :?:

The problem has nothing to do with the money for essence. People making runes make plenty to justify even the higher prices of pure essence.

The problem is that normal essence has lost its value, so free players who bought it before have lost tons based on current prices.

Also, the update has done nothing to stop people from macroing rune essence, so these players have lost their money for nothing.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Because mining some ess isn't difficult, but mine 10k+ ess in the time you could be enjoying any of the other member benefits and tell me that you liked doing that!

diosesgif11vg.gif

Pkmario

Porygon 64

Black Charlizard

My opinion.

First solution: One thing that would help is to require a much more difficult quest to mine pure essence. Perhaps one that requires at least 500 skill total to complete. This would allow free players to still mine pure essence for profits, while vastly eliminating the appeal of macroing it.

Agreed, a total skill lvl would greatly hinder autoers, though determined ones might get the total lvl, it would slow down their ability to create another simple character in less than 30 minutes.

Second solution: Keep only one form of essence, but swarm the essence mine with (for example) level 25 aggressive monsters with range and mage capabilities. Just flood the whole mine so that it is only appealing to mine rune essence upon reaching 51 combat.

It might be good, but to change it back to one form of essence, might make Jagex seem as if they made a mistake.(not going into further detail) And that the damage may be done already, with people having to either sell their "normal" essence for less, or people having to buy "pure" essence for more.

Many low lvl players that are legit, make money through essence, doing this would cut off their flow of cashola, putting them again, in poverty.

Or if you split up the forms of essence, do this for the pure essence mines, which will not hinder lower levels from mining the basic essence. It would be imperative that the monsters were highly abundant and could not block each other, to ensure no macroer can find himself a safe spot to mine. It would also help to make the area multi combat, and give these creatures a very fast respawn time.

May be redundant(whatever that word means) if lower lvls are still able to mine essence the same as before, meaning that autoers could still make money, but it would take a lil bit longer. The monster thing though, might be kind of annoying if your combat lvl 60+ and have to stop mining essence just to kill some annoying thing, slowing down your mining rate.

Third solution: Require something simple, but hard to make a macro for, in order to access the rune essence mine. Perhaps something like a bank pin, but with only 1 or 2 numbers, which you would be required to submit every time you mine. This combination could vary from each trip, randomly generated by the NPC who teleports you. If it has shown effective, perhaps something more like a mystery box which he asks you to solve in order to get in. Granted, this would make mining rune essence very annoying, so perhaps once a player is beyond a certain skill total, Jagex could no longer require this, based on what level they feel a player needs to no longer be likely to macro (or based on completion of the previously mentioned quest).

Would be annoying, undoubtedly. The bank pin idea sounds kind of good, hopefully it wouldnt be needed every time you enter the mines, maybe every other.

But a really good idea.

(note, some could work if they overlapped)

Agreed.

Though I personally like the idea that most randoms should be able to happen like the birds nest falling out of a tree.

To my knowledge, random events appear when you begin doing something, i.e. pickpocket a guard, watchman appears. click on essence, golem appears. click on a tree, tree spirit appears.

These all have the same thing in common. Guess what that is?

The same thing in common, is that they all appear the moment you click, or the second afterwards.

The example that i'll use is the MOM, the one we all know and love :roll:

When your doing something and a MOM appears the moment you click and gives you a box. Why not have it be able to appear during something? chopping a tree? mining a rock? fishing? mining essence?

I've heard that there are some advanced autoers in the world, that respond to randoms, sometimes talk like a human, give automated responses. Though i've yet to see something like this personally on rs2.(not that i know of... :oops: ) This idea of things happening while doing something, might stop a few of the advanced ones and most all of the dumb ones. (i've seen autoers missing a pick axe head wandering about varrock :lol: )

Scenario...

autoer mines essence, MOM appears and gives box, while the autoer is still happily mining essence.

Autoer goes to bank, banks ess. Comes back for a second round, by then the box has filled a few more spaces.

*4 hours later* "You do not have enough space for bla bla bla"

all those boxes... and i wonder how long that would take to undo a full invent and all at 99 :shock:

Note: i know the golems\river trolls\tree spirits appear and attack you, and you dont fight back.

If i'm incorrect in anything, oh well.

If i missintepreted anything, i'm sleepy... so oh well.

If i misspelled anything, i dudnt go 2 skool, so o wil.

bbeard6.gif

boozhoo

boozhoochief.png

Ya I agree with you, but for the alternitives, I am not sure if number 1 will work or not, but I am positive that number 2 will NOT work. Autoers can easily read what is on the screen, so if anywhere on the screen it say enter "12" it will easily be able to hit the appropriate boxes. An example would be the mysterious old men boxes. The autoers get around them don't they..

548dba32.gif

.:: RSC Product ::.

.:: 116 Combat ::.

.:: 1777 Overall ::.

.:: Biggest Single Drop Log Ever ::.