Autoer/macroer discussion- please post here!

jaklumen

You know I don't think these are macroers were dealing with. This might go off-topic here, but it will explain what's really going on with the "macroer" problem.

The whole majority of these macroers, are actually real people: under-paid chinese workers (I'm not being racist btw) that live in so called "sweat shops". I saw the news yesterday on TV about this growing problem in China. These workers get paid very little or nothing at all while the people that run these sweatshops get the money by selling off items/gp that the workers obtain to the people that want them.

This actualy explains why these "macroers" have chinese names. Also I've seen some of the chinese slave characters wear mimi clothing and lederhosen, those random events require visual attention to do. I don't think a normal macro could do that...

i'm a chinese...

proudmemberyx6.png

421171957177lg1.png

headstart13.gif

headstart13.gif

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm I'll try to apply.

And actually, I find the idea of police not that weird, imagine:

if the player doesn't talk, it would be suspicious, but it isn't enough, I agree on that. So, maybe if a "police guy" has the ability to "notify" the player (sort of the same as "follow" and "trade"), then the suspicious player gets this message (doesn't matter if public talk and private and trade options are disabled). Plus we'll add some pop-up screen. The only thing the suspect has to do is:

-click some ok button?

-type in a verification code?

-answer a question like: type me the following: 12354 (autoers can't understand syntaxes).

After that, the police guy makes his evalution based on the feedback he gets (which shouldn't take long, or if he doesn't receive, he could mark the player as autoer). If the decision is: autoer; then the the police guy could put him in jail for let's say 20 minutes or so. The player will find himself in a room (maybe public) and can't get out untill time is over.

READ ON!!!

-if the player wans't an autoer and finds himself in jail, he can appeal a message to the police guy who had put him there, and talk himself free (three lines of text that should sound convincing). If innocent, the player is transported back and gets a compensation (money, sapphs, ...)

-a police guy cannot imprisone a player more than 1 time a day, and maybe also add some other limitations

I know there might be critical points on this solution, please give them.

wad if the person is afk? and was still logged in? this guy he was afk but he was still logged in (but he died and lost a santa. my friend picked it up)

proudmemberyx6.png

421171957177lg1.png

headstart13.gif

headstart13.gif

To Nerdzo:

-attention will mainly go to low-levelled players (lvl3, ...)

-police guy will first pay attention and wait a bit

-you might give the player some time to answer, with a certain deadline

-only players that are doing a task will be investigated (or not, but then there should be a good reason, e.g. large mass of lvl 3's at yew trees or so)

-no items will be taken away of the player

Your argument is quite easy to counter if you have some imagination.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

To Nerdzo:

-attention will mainly go to low-levelled players (lvl3, ...)

-police guy will first pay attention and wait a bit

-you might give the player some time to answer, with a certain deadline

-only players that are doing a task will be investigated (or not, but then there should be a good reason, e.g. large mass of lvl 3's at yew trees or so)

-no items will be taken away of the player

Your argument is quite easy to counter if you have some imagination.

also in addition to all that it's against jagex rules to be afk while logged in so hahaha \'

Last night I found out how to crack autoers in the mining guild!!!!

Let me tell you story first.

I was mining in the guild (which had like 3 autoers in it) and the Pick axe head of one of them broke and fell off!!!! The autoer kept repeating the process of going to each rock though and kept going back to the back while i got the head. Now what was also weird was when I traded them they accepted! So i put up the head and said I wanted something in return and they just accepted and I declined. The funny thing was I broke the autoer because instead of mining 28 coal rocks and going to the bank It traded me 28 times, ran to the bank, and came back repeating the whole process!!!

So I figure if you trade with an autoer while their doing their thing you will crack them!

Thoughts?

Sounds like its a very poor script, with no backups, and either no antirandoms, or he had the pick equiped when the antirandom is made for when the pick is, or vice versa. Sounds like you broke its continuous loop, and it doesnt have any checks to back it up it keeps trying to do the same thing over and over. Some macro scripts have auto trade and accept for detectability.

Legionwizard your idea won't work. Autoers can't understand syntaxes? Google OCR.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid it will never begin.

I agree with whoever mentioned the "rune-pick rule."

41 mining & 41 str

Although the RS police seems like a good idea, I think the mods should already have this job. :pray:

Lvl3 yew cutters are the devil. :twisted:

<~[ FLAME_ON!! ]~>

on/off RSplayer since 2000

Well, I was surprised tonight to discover that nobody is autoing Flax.. Surprising as it seems that it would be an easy moneymaker. Have there always been no flax autoers, or is this a new crackdown? :-k
well autoing flax would mean they would have to pay members(sry if somone already said this

bestsigeveroe9.gif

Roses are red, violets are blue, thats what they tell me because I'm blind.

I agree with whoever mentioned the "rune-pick rule."

41 mining & 41 str

I had an idea similar quite a while ago, it got shot down by kids and their skill pures. I still don't see the point in a skill pure - every noob and his dog has one so its nothing special why not just use a main.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

I think Jagex has already tried to do something about this. While I was training my crafting, I had just bought 5k of cowhides. I went and started tanning them, after I had tanned about 700 of them repeating the same darn route everytime, my character suddenly logged off. I don't know exactly what caused this, but I think it might be some Jagex's own primitive anti-autoer program. Anyway if you have another explanation for this then tell me. (Has happened several times to me when repeating some process for long periods of time and still don't know why it has happened. Also I've never even tried searching for macros, Macroers/autoers = :wall: :pray: :evil: ....... KILL THEM ALL!!!!!)

drake285.png

One thing that's been almost completely overlooked is market macros. I don't know that much about making macros, but how hard would it be to make parameters such as "If there are >X of an item, buy until there are X" All you would have to do is give a lvl 3 account a couple million dollars and send it on its way. I can't be the first person to think of this, because I've seen people standing in the same place buying from a store for several hours at a time.

Yeah thats been done since classic, mostly with arrows and feathers - they sell much higher to players then what is payed for at the store.

There are also macroing scripts to merchant, say one for buying rune skimmies for 28k each - It auto types until traded, then puts up a skimmy and looks at the money offered, if its enough then it trades and checks the second window, if its 56k then it trades 2 or more skimmies respectively.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Well, I was surprised tonight to discover that nobody is autoing Flax.. Surprising as it seems that it would be an easy moneymaker. Have there always been no flax autoers, or is this a new crackdown? :-k
well autoing flax would mean they would have to pay members(sry if somone already said this

Well, I heard from one of my friends that there are a lot autoers fishing lobs at the Fishing Guild? Can anyone confirm this? This would also confirm that many have paid membership...

frogprincesig2.jpg

proudguildmasterng2.png

Well, I heard from one of my friends that there are a lot autoers fishing lobs at the Fishing Guild? Can anyone confirm this? This would also confirm that many have paid membership...

thsoe autoers are smart! they buy membership for about 1 mill each, then fish lots more then 1 mill, get abnned creat another account and buy memb for 1 mill again! it just goes on and on

thsoe autoers are smart! they buy membership for about 1 mill each, then fish lots more then 1 mill, get abnned creat another account and buy memb for 1 mill again! it just goes on and on

for those of u who don't understand, he means paying 1 mill gp for $5 irl via sites jagex prohibits use of

OMG, Jagex needs to stop Macros. I have been trying to buying some death runes from the store under fally for at least 10 mins. I went to about 13 different worlds so far, and there's 1-3 level 3's standing here, and right when a rune pops up in the store, they buy it.

-_-

This is so unfair. It makes the game not fun.

If you are reading this and you macro, you really need to get the point that it's just a game. -_-

those autoers are smart! they buy membership for about 1 mill each, then fish lots more then 1 mill, get abnned creat another account and buy memb for 1 mill again! it just goes on and on

Correct.

If you are reading this and you macro, you really need to get the point that it's just a game. -_-

The same could be said about you.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Well I remember that RuneScape Classic had a serious problem that basically wiped out their entire population. Theres a lot of those lvl 3 N33bs around Melzar's maze and at the willows in Draynor. Jagex isn't doing enough.

ive seen the macroers at melzar's maze tryed to wc there 1s it goes fast but its mecro city over there if there was a record of mecroers at the same time in the same place it would be there :wall:

ml417.jpeg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

refresh to see another sig =P

also click on the sig to go to The Art Bazaar

thanks to everyone who made me a sig

i hate that jegex is not doing anything about the mecroers cuz when i see 1 i report it and the next day i saw him agine happend to me a lot

ml417.jpeg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OMG, Jagex needs to stop Macros. I have been trying to buying some death runes from the store under fally for at least 10 mins. I went to about 13 different worlds so far, and there's 1-3 level 3's standing here, and right when a rune pops up in the store, they buy it.

-_-

This is so unfair. It makes the game not fun.

i tryed to do that u dont belive how many autoers i see and most of them had the name Ffr11_

ml417.jpeg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^