Let's clarify a few things :) - Mea culpa!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is not the same person you knew pre the ban.
He is, he's the same person, before the ban he was still respectable, and you are all making a big deal about a GAME.

My only thoughts are another cheater removed can only be good for the game.
I honestly don't know how this affects the game at all, he got money in real life.

I don't sell items, but I'll admit there have been times when I've thought about it.

It's a game, and if you aren't scamming others, so be it. It's his choice, and he's not scamming anyone. I understand this is a rule, and respect that. You should respect his choice. Better cheating in a game than doing something highly frowned upon in real life. I'm 13 only and play this game to have fun, not to become a slave of JaGEX and their rules. I've broken minor rules, such as passing filter to talk to friends, haven't we all?

I hear stories all the time about people in their late teens and early twenties raping, killing, and doing worse to others. I honestly don't care if somone cheats in a game, he's not dealing drugs, yet you treat him as he did.

well at first i was like cant blame ya but u had freakin ton of rares u really helped along the [bleep]e in prices grr and at the moment where im pretty poor i get nuttin =-(
Hey peter from RV.

Random I know

I am not buying all the "I am sorry" "I was caught it's an honest cop gov" excuses.

Even hitler would have made himself look respectable if he had been brought before a jury.

Duke freedom had a duty and a responsibility to be and remain squeakier than clean. He had earned the (in retrospect misguided respect) of a lot of people through his seemingly honest efforts to be a respected merchant and a readable columnist. His job as a player mod and a tip-it mod.leant further credibility to his reputation and allowed him an unfair advantage over other players by dint of his authority and respect.

All is now revealed he is a cheater, a rule breaker and worst off all younger players may now think that because Duke did it its all right.

I am not among that camp but can understand why some of his fellow mods choose to raise a stout defence. They after all dealt with him on a day to day basis.

BUT

Stop defending him now.

He is not the same person you knew pre the ban.

He is now a non fellow mod.

He is now a proven real life trader.

He is now a role model to all that wished his ban revoked.

In my humble opinion he should not have been allowed to post an explanation here as the deed requires no explanation.

A crime is a crime no matter the motives if you knew the rules beforehand.

His explanation holds no water with me apart from the obvious desire to exploit the wealth accrued from a game played my most for fun rather than exploitation.

I wish I could say I cared about his ban but I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t.

My only thoughts are another cheater removed can only be good for the game.

Well said! In the end, without his crown and status, he's but another cheater, another scum in the bottom of the barrow.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

i dont know how to do that fancy quoting, so ill just say this:

someone here said something like "respect on the internet is stupid"

would you bother telling me who goes on the internet? humans

who is behind the computer? humans

and who is capable of having respect? humans

so having an online respect is having real - life respect in an online community; its all the same.

mabye you were a master merchant, but you defenitely werent a master sneak :wink: . better luck next time, if there is a next time.

im not shure if a beheaded king is still a king...

happiehour.jpeg

Didn't get to tell you this this morning:

As I was saying, I think you'd have some real talent in stock trading/brokering but you do realize if you mess up there like you did here, you go to jail.

Always enjoyed the reads on the rare market, keep up with it and your self-education in economics.

RuneScape is a game- I hope anyone who posted here against, "breaking the rules" has never pirated music, ripped CDs or DVDs, used a copy machine or a CD burner to infringe copyright laws, or even copied your friend's PS2 disks. Those things are overlooked, yet in a parallel setting, ~a game~, a player is offered over a year's mean salary (In the US) to overlook a similarly insigificant rule. For anyone who seriously needs money, the choice is simple. I have never broken any JaGeX rules, nor do I encourage anyone to. I'm just pointing out that few of us have room to talk, and that in certain situations, people would be insane not to overlook "game laws".

RuneScape is a game- I hope anyone who posted here against, "breaking the rules" has never pirated music, ripped CDs or DVDs, used a copy machine or a CD burner to infringe copyright laws, or even copied your friend's PS2 disks. Those things are overlooked, yet in a parallel setting, ~a game~, a player is offered over a year's mean salary (In the US) to overlook a similarly insigificant rule. For anyone who seriously needs money, the choice is simple. I have never broken any JaGeX rules, nor do I encourage anyone to. I'm just pointing out that few of us have room to talk, and that in certain situations, people would be insane not to overlook "game laws".

Well said.

I also hope that no one has spelled words differently to bypass the chat filter, called someone a derogatory name, used an outo typer, drop traded an item, given items to another account, abused a bug, used a friends account, let a friend use your account, bought a signature, used any program to play rs other than JagexÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s official client, or asked someone their email addresses or Instant Messenger details.

Point is

few of us have room to talk, and that in certain situations, people would be insane not to overlook "game laws".

Pretty much agree with Bubsa on this one.

However of course who he is and was effects how people will think of him. That's just common sense.

Two questions..how much did you sell? And how long between being banned and someone finding out?

Pretty much agree with Bubsa on this one.

However of course who he is and was effects how people will think of him. That's just common sense.

Two questions..how much did you sell? And how long between being banned and someone finding out?

The former at this point he obviously isn't going to tell, the latter was about two days.

Aw, Duke... what to say?

You were my RS idol from way back. I'm not sure how many other people will feel this way, but to me you will always represent the good days of RS. You were RS in its glory: rich, famous, well liked. Not to mention smart and fun to talk to.

I find it ironic that you you got banned while rs is in its decline. Autoers, an aweful community. Even in RSC, at least the community was there even if it was being "scarred" up.

Everyone is quiting or getting banned...

Soon no one will even know what the real RS was.

Wow that sounds far too dramatic. Anywho, its good that they are all leaving. Time for us to move on and let the kiddies play. =)

~Dave

In almost complete retirement.

goodbye0vx.png

As Duke mentioned in his post, he has been removed from Tip.it staff and will not be re-joining, due to Tip.its' zero-tolerance policy to the breaking of Jagex rules.

It's a shame that such a high-profile, and until now well-respected person, allowed himself to be sucked into temptation like that.

Personally, I congratulate both Duke and Jagex. Duke, for at least having the strength of character to explain his wrongdoings, and Jagex for catching the infraction and taking the appropriate action.

Time to put this one to rest. This thread was allowed in order for Duke to give his explanation to the Community which he has, regretfully, let down. This has been done, and enough discussion on the Topic has been had. Time to move on...

One-time #13 smither.

All-time #1 noob.