THE *OFFICIAL* CARPENTRY SYMBOL!!! CLICK HERE!

peterdeath

I have to agree, very nice find.

I suppose this means that Jagex is planning on releasing POH's sooner that I was expecting, hopefully either in June or August, I can't wait :D

Although you never know, they might just be tring to get our hopes up, somehow I can see Jagex trying to do that :wink:

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not only that, but the colors they picked are so dark that they almost blend together and look like one great big, messed up, "X".

Perhaps if they threw in a neon green or maybe hot pink? :lol:

The self-proclaimed king of bronze.

construction6wr.gif

What exactly is that? It seems to small to me to figure out what it is, or im just stupid...What is it? I know its the skill picture for it what WHAT is it. uhh :?

lol... its a saw going through a log.

Had to take a close look myself to make out what it was.

really? when i first saw it, i knew rite away. thats odd. oh well. anyway its not like its not, half inch by a half inch, or less

construction6wr.gif

What exactly is that? It seems to small to me to figure out what it is, or im just stupid...What is it? I know its the skill picture for it what WHAT is it. uhh :?

You know the artwork is pathetic when you have to take a good look at it to know what it is. :lol:

It took me 5 months to figure out that the slayer skill icon was a sword going through a skull. :D

construction6wr.gif

You know the artwork is pathetic when you have to take a good look at it to know what it is. :lol:

It took me 5 months to figure out that the slayer skill icon was a sword going through a skull. :D

14months for me, i never realized it til you said something, i thought it was a rock with some lil dots on it lik snow. or something, like from the story of king arthur pulling out the sword in the stone.

i still have no idea what the cooking icon is that is commin out of the pot...

and the runecraft icon... i dunno...i guess it works for it...

the cooking icon is a tail of a fish sticking out of the pot, and the runecrafting one is a rune essence (or should i say pure essence) that is split in half with a weird arrow inbetween

lifeqe6.png

single_skill1134687151.png

Its not only that, but the colors they picked are so dark that they almost blend together and look like one great big, messed up, "X".

Perhaps if they threw in a neon green or maybe hot pink? :lol:

Um, I didn't ask to be mocked by my observation, but ok...

A simple shade adjustment wouldn't hurt. The grey can easily be changed to reflect what part is actually the blade. And the brown handle could be slightly lightened too. The image just needs to look sharper then what it is.

Nothing wrong with it needing to look sharper. With as many dark and dull colors in the icon... it is hard to make out the way it is now.

That over exagerated comment really wasn't needed. Nor was it appreciated. I didn't see the humor in it either.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Nooo! Carpentry is really coming out?? Omg here comes the ruination of rs...

I hope you weren't serious with that statment, I fail to see how this could possibly have any negative impact on the game.

I must agree with the shade adjustment, while its not too hard to see what it is, it would look a lot better is it was more noticable

I can't believe it took some people that long to notice the slayer symbol is a sword through a skull. Of course, it took me over a year to notice the rune symbols floating up from the fires in the log in screen, so I guess i'm not one to talk.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

With every skill that has been released in rs, some people said that it'll ruin the game. Just ignore them, all they want is the attention.

sig2ho7.jpg

man i really hope carpentry comes out soon, i'm getting tired of training the same skills (yea yea, i know i dont have 99 in all skills) but i'd really like to see everyone training it when it comes out, i guess it adds the fun and maybe competition :)

Kuja_Cocoa.png

I hope you weren't serious with that statment, I fail to see how this could possibly have any negative impact on the game.

I must agree with the shade adjustment, while its not too hard to see what it is, it would look a lot better is it was more noticable

I can't believe it took some people that long to notice the slayer symbol is a sword through a skull. Of course, it took me over a year to notice the rune symbols floating up from the fires in the log in screen, so I guess i'm not one to talk.

What's the point of player owned houses? I know carpentry is just making furniture for them. It's not like your gonna live in a fake house on a computer game.. it's about as pointless as a cow kite..

Rune sumbols float up from the fires in the log-in screen!? I've played since before rs2 came and I never knew that!

The Zebera is getting faster! The road to 99 Agility

Previous 99s (in order)

Fishing, November 23rd, 2009.

Attack, November 23rd, 2009 (got it about 10 minutes after Fishing)

Hitpoints (well, it was back then), December 28th, 2009

Defence, February 27, 2010

What's the point of player owned houses? I know carpentry is just making furniture for them. It's not like your gonna live in a fake house on a computer game.. it's about as pointless as a cow kite..

That arguement has been brought up tons of times, and people still can't comprehend what POHs may provide for the game. The possibilities are of such a wide variety that it could even effect the runescape economy in a way.

Star War Galaxies (SWG) has a huge city system. Where people can literally create and run their own cities. Cities that can be neutral, for the empire, or for the rebelion. Now... I'm not suggesting RS could base cities like that, but Jagex could allow players to create communities/cities that are dedicated to any of the Gods of Runescape. This feature probably wouldn't be introduced right away, but it could easily be a possibility.

Houses, in SWG, also are a form of storage, aside from the bank accounts they have. And they also have different size houses, which the bigger the house... the more you can hold in that house.

The more interesting point to this is... in SWG at least... there is a tax to keep your house on the land that it is on. The bigger the house, the more it costs. This could easily be the GP sink that Jagex has tried to create time and time again, but end up coming up short every single time.

They already hint at the addition of Player Owned Shops... which is yet another advantage to those people who don't want to stand around World 2 all day trying to compete with the auto typing noobs and what not.

So how can you say that this feature will be useless? Your statement is down right ignorant, and really a stupid statement as well... once you think of it.

NOTE: I am by no means suggesting that any, or even all, of these ideas will be added. These are just possibilites and are NOT confirmed. So please don't spread this around as a lame rumor.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

well this topic just got owned by the poh pic thread......

That pic gives more questions then answers. So this topic is hardly "owned". :roll:

Is it an interesting find? Of course, but its nothing ground breaking. Its just a small area of houses that has a portal. Nothing major.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva