We have tiaras, so how about crowns??

whirlyboy

crowns and party hats are totally different, crowns would be made out of gold or silver while a party hat is just a holiday item which would be made out of paper i guess

Combat Level: 102

Total Level: 1536

Quest Points: 132

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what would stop a female character from wearing a crown? the tiaras are only useful for rcing if you want to save space and time, otherwise you have your talisman. tiaras arent around so people could look like royalty (although the p hats kinda do). i dont see how people could be hung up about wearing a tiara, its not that big a deal. stop being so insecure lol

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

Whilst this idea is nothing major and purely about aesthetics, I quite like it. However, to make it slightly more worth Jagex's efforts I would expand upon it.

Keep regular tiaras, and in addition add a silver crown to the game that can be made at the same level crafting, and works in the same way as a tiara etc to satisfy those who fear their masculinity is being compromised here. :wink:

Then as a cool members addition, for gold crafting, why not have a kind of 'uber crown/tiara'. They will look the same as their silver cousins, only gold in colour, and have the abilty to be enchanted with all the talismans, not just one.

This would make rune crafting all that more convenient and save up on a little bank space too. No more searching for your air or fire tiara as its all combined into one.

You could set a runecrafting lvl to be able to wear said 'uber crown' too.

As for crowns looking like party hats, yellow and gold are not the same and someones suggestion before me about having square crenelations on the crown as oppose to triangular should suffice imho.

Yeah, put in those crowns, I hate having to wear a tiara. I mean, I'M NOT A FRIGGING TRANNIE! Crap. Now I have a sore throat. Anyways, nice suggestion. Men need their masculinity, you know, footie, cricket and you-know-what.

xhanwiggerjames.gifballs.png

The best show in da world...

or, smoolik, the gold crowns/tiaras could be used by members for making elemental crowns/tiaras, by enchanting elemental talismans into them at any elemental altar. so far elemental talismans cannot be enchanted into tiaras (to my knowledge) and are members only

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

Wouldn't there be confusion with a yellow phat ?

And scammers will probably use this confusion.. I can see people running around with a gold crown shouting they are jagex mods :?

This problem could be solved by making gold crown with saphs, emeralds, rubies, diamonds, dragonstone or onyx prints, this can also work for a new use of the shilo village gems.

And if there is a gold crown, there should be a silver. But I repeat: no doubt there will be scammers saying they're pmods or jagex mods.

|why can't people just be honest with each other?| :cry:

why not allow the crown to have gems in it and enchanted to give the effects of either the ring, amulet or necklace(e.g. a saphire crown could act as a games necklace or ammy of magic) or just get it to act the same as the tiara.

Or you could always just come up with different effects for the crown when it has the gems in it and is enchanted(e.g. maybe something that takes the place of one of the Teleport spells, like the crown of varrock)

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

i a guy, (i turn my dude into a girl cuz i was bored :mrgreen: ) but if guys had crowns it would become unfair for the girls. runescape is already based on males a little bit more then girls. the barrow for example, there are no female monsters. to me, that is kind of sexist

i a guy, (i turn my dude into a girl cuz i was bored :mrgreen: ) but if guys had crowns it would become unfair for the girls. runescape is already based on males a little bit more then girls. the barrow for example, there are no female monsters. to me, that is kind of sexist

All im gonna say is .... phat owner wannabes

You cant afford one so you want this

shannonta5.gif

Miami Heat 4ever fan.

Yes, i'm a girl! I like to watch NBA, so? =]]

Thanks star_in_the_sky for the AMAZING sig and eckered for the great avvy!!

oh god ... just face the fact ... rs population has more than 75% males ( including fake females ) ...

next thing i would suggest if jagex accepts this. hey! Mr. Gower, can u pls plsplsplspls give us a dragon mask? u noe. the one that is red in colour and looks like a dragon head and can be worn on our heads?

the barrow for example, there are no female monsters. to me, that is kind of sexist

Xtwoz ... there's a reason why they are called barrow brothers. if runescape is really sexist ... there won't be lvl 2 womans, lvl 8 barbarians, queens and there will only be prince tunics and no dresses.

>.<

and also, golden crown = yellow phat

=) in that case, i would buy a nice crown and ignore the phat. looks exactly the same and i can just lie to others that the crown thing on my head is a phat ...

Everybody has the wrong idea.

Golden Crown = Tiara

No different, not sexist. Crowns for guys, tiaras for girls.

Obviously there would be a chance of a new wave of scammers:

Selling yellow phat 23mil (I don't know how much they are)

But obviously, if you're stupid enough to fall for it then thats your problem. For 3 reasons:

-Graphical differences

-The 'Right click' name

-1st and 2nd trade screen

And on top of all this, the thread got turned into

'Golden crowns - A cheap party hat'

From

'Golden crowns - A runcrafting alternative'

Whirly_Boy.png

kju32.gif-A Magical Flying Elephant

hbga3.gif-Blue bird who enjoys Chompy hunting (The head feathers)

Thank you, whirlyboy, for bringing this thread back on topic.

To reiterate what whirly said for the idiots:

Pmod/Jmod scammers = not gonna happen. The mod crowns appear ON THE CHAT SCREEN, and what they wear has no effect on that. In addition, there is no way, repeat, NO WAY anyone can make their items affect the chat window in that way. You'd have to be a moron to fall for that kind of scam.

Yellow Party hat scammers = Might happen, but not a big problem. It'd be staggeringly easy to make the crowns, even gold crowns, look significantly different from a yellow p-hat. Will there be some low-life huckster trying to pass a crown as a p-hat? Sure. Will they succeed? Not for long, especially if Jagex advertises the differences between crowns and p-hats enough. Like whirly said, if you're unintelligent enough to fall for that, it's your problem.

Sexism. :roll: Oh Lord, come on. If we really want to pursue this, JAgex is already discriminating nearly their entire player base by making the Examine text for the Tiara read "Makes me feel like a princess." That, in and of itself, is a sexist statement. Introducing crowns that would be identical to Tiaras in production and function, and read "Makes me feel like a prince" when Examined, would actually be providing a balance to this.

Enchanting a crown with every Talisman. Like I said before, no. Crowns would have to be a complement to Tiaras, not a replacement. To keep the balance, Crowns would have to be the same Crafting level as Tiaras, silver, enchantable by only one Talisman and unadornable by gems.

Now, Jagex could introduce Gold variants to both Tiaras and Crowns that may be enchantable by multiple Talismans (possibly through the addition of various Gems), but the Crafting requirement for such items would have to be extremely high.

or, smoolik, the gold crowns/tiaras could be used by members for making elemental crowns/tiaras, by enchanting elemental talismans into them at any elemental altar. so far elemental talismans cannot be enchanted into tiaras (to my knowledge) and are members only

If I understood you correctly, you're saying you can't enchant Tiaras with Air, Water, Earth or Fire Talismans? Since when? I've got a Water and Earth Tiara in my bank right now. If you meant the catalyst Talismans (Nature, Law, Death, Blood, etc.), they're all enchantable into Tiaras as well. Were you maybe getting Tiaras mixed up with Pure/Rune Essence?

--Darg--

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

• 1 month later...

i agree with the original idea, i dont like the idea of wearing tiaras

and for those who think people would try to scam saying it's a yellow phat

why not just make it silver like tiaras, then no-one can scam and no-one

can complaing about it being sexist

fatdewdrp5.gif

^^sig by weeboab ^^

they need to look silver and not like party hats...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Yes, I think this is a great idea!

One Problem: but there would be mixing up between yellow party hats and these crowns

Yeah ther might b sum confusion between the crowns an phats.without makin too much fuss just change them into a diffrent color or shape.its not really a big deal if they scam just report them 1 time or another they gonna get banned fer too much scamming and btw when ur tradin look close to ur screen so u wont make any mistakes its that easy 8-) and yes i dont spell everything rite

a lot of ppl are right they would look to much like p hats not to mention the fact that ppl would try to scam with them i think we should just stick with tiaras

they can make the in game pic (when trading etc) look 100% no party hat...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Here's some other idea I have for in the late late future:

Banners, be able to make a banner (wooden stick with flag) and create your own flag, but the problem of course is that all might get banners and you'll have chaos withing short time.

-

if you are a member you can make banners and sheilds with pictures on it

well

i do agree it would look cool

but i think alot of players wouldnt like this

i mean the party hat owners

party hats are similar to a crown

mabye the colour would be different

but it would still take away the respect for their party hats

so i dont agree

(not that i own a party hat, much to poor for that #-o :wall: )

Apparently none of you can multiply correctly....

300cats x 100deaths= 3,000deaths

3,000deaths=900,000gp

^^WTF?^^