Where will RS be in another 5 years?

Guest mmortalone

Guest mmortalone

I did not play rsc, im an rs2 product, but I was wondering, now that RS has lasted a full 5 years, what will become of it in the next 5 years or longer?

Think about it, in 5 years:

RS2 came out

p2p introduced

partyhats in the hundreds of millions

600,000 members

new game engine

if you looked forward from 5 years ago, would we be able to see this?

if you original rsc'ers couldnt imagine this stuff 5 years ago, what is ahead that we can't imagine now?

more skills?(summoning, carpentry)

first person rs3? (dont flame, im just saying, who imagined rs2 in 2001?)

partyhats in the bils? :o

what new armor?

your thoughts?

Dead. Autoers are taking over, Jadex...Well... The economy is being destroyed, people are becoming overly rich, just because they attended a holiday drop. Runescape has done it's limit. It's just like Friends, or Will and Grace, they should've ended it in it's golden years.

Guest mmortalone
Dead. Autoers are taking over, Jadex...Well... The economy is being destroyed, people are becoming overly rich, just because they attended a holiday drop. Runescape has done it's limit. It's just like Friends, or Will and Grace, they should've ended it in it's golden years.

thats a little pessimistic doncha think...

has there been many autoers since the new update? I havent checked

It will undoubtedly one of the top games in the world if it steadily grows. We'll see our fair share of new partners (ex. MiniClip) and a decline in the respect for others on the game.

For members I'm going to have to say a whole boat load of new skills willl have to be released as more and more people are approaching a maxed out ranking. Higher and more powerful weapons will have to come into play leading to eventually a need for a 90+ weapon to keep the fighters entertained. Probably an expansion of the wilderness and obviously further expansion elsewhere in the globe and we'll probably have seen Epic Plotlines that tie EVERYTHING together such as the Dwarves Working with the Gnomes who are working against the monkeys who are working towards capturing Karamja and the Elves of Runescape are going to have a grand battle alongside the Knights of Camelot against Ardougne and the evil king.

We're going to see alot in 5 years and I think Runescape will be around for much longer than that so long as they can keep up the good work.

Unless they fix all that... and lmao.

cyco_1.jpg

Who in their right mind would do that? Do you realise how much money jaGeX has made?

TheOldNite.gif

Fel 'n ddedwydd ydy 'r hunau drwo choel a cer am 'r yn bucheddu.

Autoers have been in runescape since the very beginning. They arent going to ruin it now. Sure there are more now then there ever was before, but there are alos more people playing the game.

Torlen.png

I think Jagex has done alot better recently than they use to. They are adding in things so they can focus more on the cheaters and not so much on query questions. I'm thinking the company will grow and get more staff before too long and we should see better support for the cheaters due to more monitoring. I think Jagex will be able to whipe out the majority of autoers at some point.

I think we will see an increase in population and many many more servers added to the game.

We'll see more skills, areas, weapons, armor, ect...

and thats about all I can think of at the moment.

EDIT: forgot..I'll also be all 99's :)

I think Jagex has done alot better recently than they use to. They are adding in things so they can focus more on the cheaters and not so much on query questions. I'm thinking the company will grow and get more staff before too long and we should see better support for the cheaters due to more monitoring. I think Jagex will be able to whipe out the majority of autoers at some point.

I think we will see an increase in population and many many more servers added to the game.

We'll see more skills, areas, weapons, armor, ect...

and thats about all I can think of at the moment.

We still have the economy problem though.

cyco_1.jpg

jagex has already fixed 90% of the autoer problem. No longer will autoers be able to access the client without being detected and banned. Runescape maybe done in 5 years, but not without the reintroduction of a new game.

w4M8t.png

i agree with wakka look at how they have advanced in there security so at one point i think they will just beable to get rid of most of ti so it doesnt really play such a factor in the economy

and i plan on buy a blue phat once i get enough money so in 5 years i can get on a laugh at my extreme richness then ill prolly find out there like 40 new skills and ill be called a noob for them all bein lvl 1

tifsig3pw9.png

jese1mz7.png

In 5 years?

RS will be one of the top online games (as it is already).

There will be either an RS3 or a veeeeeery large map.

Autoers will be decreasing in number at a rapid rate (but not quite gone yet).

More people than ever will be playing.

There will be 150-200 servers.

All I can think of at the moment.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

world 1 and 2 will be near impossible to get into.

partyhats will not even be somthing the normal player dreams about because of thre extremely high pricetag.

dragon armour will be around 1mill for full.

game will be so popular that you could honestly never see the same person again.

jagex will be worth near a billion

hmmm

andrew will be richer as bill gates 8-)

no more autoers

loadsa worlds and much more minigame's :)

like 1m moderators :lol:

rs3 will be much like world of warcraft or something ( i hope)

I'm not being pessimistic, I'm just saying, Runescape Classic was as close to gaming community heaven as you can reach. Sure there were some stupid people, but everyone helped out. Nowadays it's a "just worry about yourself" deal.

Who knows what will happen 5 years down the road.

I know a few years back I was playing a game called "WWE With Authority!" and the developers more or less guaranteed that the game would be around for years (they had a contract up till 2010, if my memory serves me right). I invested time and money into the game, thinking I'd still be able to play it into my mid 20s and possibly even long enough to pass it onto any children/child I might have... It stopped production back in like 2003 or something like that. Some guarantee that was... :roll:

I would love to think that Runescape would be around in the next 10 years (let alone 5)... but stuff happens... and when it does... you usually don't see it coming.

Its fun to predict and all... but you're only asking to be disappointed if the game stops production completely before you expect it.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

double of quest like 180-200 and counting

party hats wil rais so hi no body can affort them and they will die or get back to prices like a full phat set 200mill, the max banking gap for money will be like 4000mill instead of the 2500mill (or 2100mill) today.

and if they stay it will have like a few mill members, 6mill+ f2p players

but thats just my thought, who cares about that? wel....no one (i just gana say it my self) :roll:

seasonmovingsig1bo.jpg

100th mini game

200th quest

fully 3d

rares untradeable

300+ worlds

50+ monsters above 275, white dragon, mith dragn, another queen (cuz we have more kings: kbd, king drags)

70+ wapons with special, drag claws, warhammer, pic axe, cystal hally

double of quest like 180-200 and counting

party hats wil rais so hi no body can affort them and they will die or get back to prices like a full phat set 200mill, the max banking gap for money will be like 4000mill instead of the 2500mill (or 2100mill) today.

and if they stay it will have like a few mill members, 6mill+ f2p players

but thats just my thought, who cares about that? wel....no one (i just gana say it my self) :roll:

dont they already have 10+ mil?

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined