Quest cutscenes

Perakp

We have seen many cutscenes in the last few quests, and seeing how much Jagex likes to add them to quests there sure will be more of them. Not only are they nice extra to quests, giving a new angle of view, they are also used to take the stories forward.

My question now is, what do YOU think of these cutscenes?

When I first time saw a cutscene (In the Lost tribe quest or the Giant Dwarf quest? :\ ) it looked very cool. We have had cutscenes in nearly every single new quest there is, I'm getting a bit bored. So far there are cutscenes atleast in Recipe for Disaster, todays new quest, Dwarven storyline, the Lost tribe quest, and the quest with those strange creatures.. (can't remember the name of the quest :? )

Now that I have seen more of these cutscenes, they don't look so good to me anymore. For example, when people talk, the text above their head is cut weirdly in pieces and is unreadable. I'd prefer just a normal discussion, without odd angles of view, or slow, automatic talking, where I can't even decide what I say/ what my character says.

Go ahead, the topic is yours :arrow:

btw, do you see those cutscenes when using low detail?

and is it a cut scene or cutscene? :lol:

edit:

and maxed qp FTW 8-)

I personally like the cut scenes it make the quest more exciting and enjoyable. I think there needed, First cut scene I saw was in monkey madness.

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

i recently did romeo and juliet on my noob, lol the end cutscene was funny, romeo ran away with some1 else instead of dying

that must be new??

Like in the past 3 months??

Or else the cut is only on p2p...

Cutscenes rule!!!!!! :D

I thought these cut sceens could use a little more... action. All they did was stand and talk. I got interupted during one of them so I didnt see it all. I think, as long as there is more than speech, cutscenes are good.

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

i recently did romeo and juliet on my noob, lol the end cutscene was funny, romeo ran away with some1 else instead of dying

I've seen it too, Romeo is a noob :lol: I personally like cutsenes makes it more interesting. My first cutsene was when you enter Keldagrim lol. My first quest one was in the Tail Of 2 Cats.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

for the most part i liek the cutscenes :P especially the humourous ones (garden of tranquilitys fally guards and r4d goblin ;) also the first cutscene where they introduce all the ppl in r4d :P and they all get randomed)

that must be new??

Like in the past 3 months??

Or else the cut is only on p2p...

Its new AND f2p

Funny as well :)

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

omg u haven't done swan song apparantly. That quest is hilareous and awesome. Wise old man flippin back and forth shooting sara strike and doing 40s lol, sea troll general got 0wned.

To be very blunt I can't stand the cutscenes. Yes, they are cool and all and I understand they are excellent ways at developing plots within the quests, BUT, I dont want no stinking plot development in quests. I want my rewards unless in that rare occasion walking and or running around Runescape for a good hour or two is remotely fun. If I had my way i'd demand my quest rewards in a paper and or plastic bag and ...... (Goes to cutscene of me rambing on for another hour or so) ...... Anyways I want to have the option to skip cutscenes :evil:

The self-proclaimed king of bronze.