Miscellania - will it stop inflation?

Mr_BlinG6969

As most of you know, inflation is a growing problem in runescape today. Recently Jagex changed the rewards from Miscellania Island in what I think is an attempt to stop inflation. So far, it looks like it will help.

My friends and I went to Miscellania with high hopes today. We all put in a 3mil+ investment into our citys with 100% approval rating. Some choosing mining, carpentry, flax, ect. Guess what? When we got our rewards, all of us had made profits! Some double the original investment of 75k per day!

My opinion here is, people will start using their kingdoms to recieve these materials which will cause lots of runescape money to go out of the economy. I would also like to note that all of the raw materials coming in from the kingdom aren't choice materials of alchers where most of the money in runescape comes into the economy.

So far, good work Jagex. In my opinion.

He was saying he made a profit. The big deal however though is that if you need herbs instead of going and paying the inflated prices for them you can just go dump the money in your kingdom and get them cheaper. That in turn will lower the demand for the items which should lower the price from players.

it will have no effect on prices at all, if 75k is taken out (assuming u put in 7.5m) and you get about 15 herbs in one day, that really isnt much. Now days you can easly grow that amount in an hour, if ur farming lvl is high enought, you have a decent chance of getting that from a single patch.

Also if you get about 200 coal in a day from paying 75k, that is almost nothing, any avarage player can mine a few k coal in a day.

So its profitable, just not mutch, and will have no effect on prices at all.

There has been a rapid inflation in the economy, this should slow it down. Also, you only need to put in 750k to give your workers the full ammount of money, 75k, which is 10%.

From me and my friends kingdoms we have come to the conclusion that you can get coal and flax for about 40gp each. The other materials are coming in cheap too, with Farming being the least profitable.

it will have no effect on prices at all, if 75k is taken out (assuming u put in 7.5m) and you get about 15 herbs in one day, that really isnt much. Now days you can easly grow that amount in an hour, if ur farming lvl is high enought, you have a decent chance of getting that from a single patch.

Also if you get about 200 coal in a day from paying 75k, that is almost nothing, any avarage player can mine a few k coal in a day.

I don't even know why anyone bothers to explain inflation, cause no one ever seems to get it at all.

(1)75k per day by EVERYONE using the Kingdom can easily take out 100s of millions a day from the game, which will most definitely affect prices. That along with Crystal weapons and Barrows degration helps counter inflation.

(2)When you farm, do you add cash into the game? NO. Jagex is taking cash money out of the game, actual cash.

(3)Also, that 200 coal you got didn't take any work, so you make that profit with almost no effort at all.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Yeah, could we get some numbers of things you got?

I'm also wondering if you know

Does "seeds" mean just vege seeds or also like herb, fruit, and tree seeds?

What are those "bonus" items you get for putting all your effort into one job? Did anyone put all effort into one job and get any of the bonus items yet?

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

After my first 24 hours I recieved:

323 coal

1 diamond

1 sapphire

Seeds:

10 cabbage

5 tomato

2 barely

20 potato

2 watermelon

10 onion

1 asgarnian

1 rosemary

3 redberry

3 yanillian

2 nasturtium

11 hammerstone

5 strawberry

8 marigold

2 sweetcorn

3 woad

2 jute

3 cadaverberry

1 limproot

1 wildblood

Herbs:

8 harralander

5 irit

15 tarromin

2 kwuarm

3 candantine

2 torstol

5 rannar

1 dwarf weed

1 lantadyme

This all came from 3mil in chest (10% times ammount of money in chest up to a max of 75k is paid out) 75k paid out. 100% Approval. 60% Mining, 20% Farming, 70% Herbs

What are those "bonus" items you get for putting all your effort into one job? Did anyone put all effort into one job and get any of the bonus items yet?

You get tree seeds if you tell them to cut maples. Gems if you tell them to mine, ect.

All other seeds come from the farmer. What are "bonus" items?

How do the 24 hour periods work? Does the cycle begin after completing the first quest, after completing the second quest, after first putting money in, or what? Also, if I change my reward distribution in the middle of the day, does that reset the day and I have to wait another 24 hours, or does that give me the new reward distribution at the end of the preset period? I'm afraid of tinkering with it, lest I waste a day of progress.

I don't even know why anyone bothers to explain inflation, cause no one ever seems to get it at all.

(1)75k per day by EVERYONE using the Kingdom can easily take out 100s of millions a day from the game, which will most definitely affect prices. That along with Crystal weapons and Barrows degration helps counter inflation.

(2)When you farm, do you add cash into the game? NO. Jagex is taking cash money out of the game, actual cash.

(3)Also, that 200 coal you got didn't take any work, so you make that profit with almost no effort at all.

Last time i checked, 10% of 7.5mil is 750k. not 75k.

75k is the maximum they'll take in a day, 7.5mil is the maximum you can put into the vaults at once.

You get tree seeds if you tell them to cut maples. Gems if you tell them to mine, ect.

All other seeds come from the farmer. What are "bonus" items?

You get the bonus items if you have a largish amount of ppl working on the job. You said gems come from mining, tree seeds come from woodcutting, and that's what I was looking for. I was wondering what the other bonuses like that were.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

The max amount of cash you can use each day is 75k if I'm not mistaken. THe 10% thing only applies if less then 75k is used per day.

EDIT:Keeping the rant up for anyone who didn't get my post, but I don't think I proved you wrong lol. :oops: =

, its so much fun explaining this to the five year olds.

See that huge, caps locked word there? The one I specifically capslocked to make sure no one would post the crud you just said? With EVERYONE who's using the Kingdom a great deal of cash would be taken out of the economy daily.

Think about this, if only 1,000 people used the Kingdom thats 75k (per day) x 1000 people, or 75Mil gp taken out of the game a day. Now, 1000 is a great deal less then 1% of the Members Population. Say, 10,000 used it. Thats 750mil going out of the game EVERY DAY. 750 MILLION GP. Get it? No? Oh well, I'm not explaining it again.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Lol dragon...

Well, I would have to say a big no. You don't get what you pay for, at all... at least not from my experiences.

For the first week or so it might be a good money drain for the economy... I think maybe that's what Jagex was hoping for. Other than that, I don't see it being used.

I only put 15k into the kingdom with a 100% satisfaction rating. My efforts were 100% in rare wood and 50% in herbs.

The next day I came back and got 2 teak and 2 mahogany logs.

For me, it dosen't seem that great so I am trying again, this time, 50k in the kingdom, 100% satisfaction, and 100% in rare wood, 50% in herbs

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

I only put 15k into the kingdom with a 100% satisfaction rating. My efforts were 100% in rare wood and 50% in herbs.

The next day I came back and got 2 teak and 2 mahogany logs.

For me, it dosen't seem that great so I am trying again, this time, 50k in the kingdom, 100% satisfaction, and 100% in rare wood, 50% in herbs

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

When I finished the quest I put 7.5M in the kindom, satisfaction qt 100% and set the works at 100% on seeds and 50% on herbs. After 24hrs thats what I got.

snap0979gq.png

I got 1 yew seed, i banana seed, 2 ranarr seed and 1 irit seed

Herbs are :

5 Tar

4 Harr

4 Irit

5 ranarr

2 avantoe

3 kwarm

3 cad

1 lant

3 dwarf weed

So my conclusion is, if i only visit my kindom once a week I should have a load of herbs and seeds for cheap, hoping that i get more tree seeds since its the only way i will training farming :P

So I will just visit the kindom on the same day I do guthixs rest so I wont forget.

P.S. : Yes I posted the same thing earlier, but the tread is near dead so I just posted again on this tread to get ppl to notice that its not all bad.

sggyhj8.png

RuneScape HD in 2560x1024!

I know the answer and, because I cannot convey screaming feverishly on forums without looking odd or getting banned, just imagine it as such.