was it a scam?

Fire_God

So I was trying to buy full veracs, and I was posting on the forums and such when I get a pm

Seller: I'll sell, come to world 24 * He logged out to switch worlds to 24*

I switch worlds

Me: How much you selling for?

Seller: Come to entrea

Seller: Offer?

(I begain to think it was a scam, armor on entrea? The only way I could think to do it was through the abyss and why would he bring veracs to sell through the abyss. To try to see if it was a scam I posted a low price most people would not take)

Me:6.1 Mill

Seller: OK just come to entrea.

Me: Why not come to a city falidor, varrock, seers, your choice.

Seller: No please come here, I really need the runecrafting experiance.

Then I began to call him a scammer because something just didn't feel right. Was it a scam?

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

There's no way he could scam you... he's just being weird :?

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

COuld have been noted

Doesn't matter, its still armor noted or not. As for your seller, he's probably just an idiot, or he's trying to somehow trick you into going down the ladder that leads to the wilderness(which probably is too stupid to be considered a scam :roll: ).

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

he's trying to somehow trick you into going down the ladder that leads to the wilderness(which is a very idiotic scam :roll: ).

I never thought about that, I thought he was trying to get me to go into the abyss and get killed with the money(which is why i didnt understand because I could just take the boat).

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

Oh wow... that's just stupid :lol:

But I guess if you don't know about the place they'll say "oh, I'm down that rope at the north", then say "oh wait, one more floor down, down that ladder", then *boom*. Hmm... I guess I never thought of it, but I never would have fallen fo it.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

Lol..He was prolly gonna try to take you into that portal or get you killed by the Greaters rofl :lol: :D

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

Here's my version of it...

Noob: Come over here by the demons, full guthan for 500 gp.

Me: *Ices demons to death* You were saying?

Noob: Yeah, now through the portal.

Me: *follows*

Noob: *takes out dds*

Me: *runs a bit away, ices him*

Noob: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Me: Ooh a dds! *walks two levels south, teles to cwars and ices more ppl*

From Noob: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Me: *Private Chat = Friends*

when you down that ladder the monk warns you though.. :P the guy must of been a idiot

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

I don't think I would personally consider it a scam. He couldn't have gotton anything out of it unless he lured you into the Lost City dungeon where you'd be trapped.

I think he was just stupid/felt like being annoying. We seem to have a lot of those people today.

91 RC!!! #332 to get it!

"D'you wear a black armband

When they shot the man

Who said 'Peace could last forever'" Guns N' Roses