Trading log

ChewyShoe

So anyways, I decided i'd start a log of most of my trades just for personal reference and I know I like reading other peoples logs, so I thought i'd post it. I am using normal accounting procedures to calculate my profit (i.e, I am not calculating it using market to market, which is what enron used and ultimately lead it to its collalpse) so profit will only be counted when items are sold, not bought. For example if I buy natures for 10gp each (1,000 of them) I will not caculate the profit untill they sold. Trades valuing under 100k haven't been included. Names have not been included. I am aiming to get a full set of rares. I have broken down this goal into shorter sections to make it more acheivable.

Starting cash: 79mill

Current cash: 61mill

Goal: Full rare set X 2

Break down(Set 1): (Bolded means the item has bought)

Easter egg

Pumpkin

Red mask

Blue mask

Green mask

Santa hat

Purple party hat

Green party hat

White party hat

Red party hat

Blue party hat

Yellow party hat

Set two:

Easter egg

Pumpkin

Red mask

Blue mask

Green mask

Santa hat

Purple party hat

Green party hat

White party hat

Red party hat

Blue party hat

Yellow party hat

Current goal: Blue mask, cash target 100mill (cash target is the amount of cash I want before I buy the good)

Green text indicates I am selling a good

Red text indicates I am buying a good

Day one:

Sold 950 lantamynes (paid 2,800 each per) sold at 3,000 each per. Cash increased by 2850k, profit was 190k

Bought 81,000 pure essence at 80 per. Cash decreased by 6480k.

Bought 150,000 nature runes at 300 per. Cash decreased by 45000k.

Bought 405 green hides at 1,700 per. Cash decreased by 688k.

Sold 200 sharks at 1,000 per (bought for 900 per). Cash increased by 200k. Profit was 20k.

Sold 339 rune ores at 12,000 per (bought for 11,000 per). Cash increased by 4068k. Profit was 339k

Bought 445 kwuarms for 4,300 per. Cash decreased by 1956k

Sold 2,134 rune bars for 14,000 per (bought for 13,000 per). Cash increased by 29876k. Profit was 2134k

Totals for day one: Cash decreased by 17mill(Rounded to the nearest mill). Total profit was 2683k (2.7mill rounded to the near hundred thousand).

Comments for day one: Not bad for day one, I didn't play very long (45-60 minutes) and I didn't have any of my rs official posts running. So mostly they were biggish trades from my friends list. It was nice to get rid of my rune ore and rune bars, because I was having a bit of trouble finding buyers. I just gotta offload those 150k nats, i've already had multiple offers for 300 per, so if worst comes to worst I get my money back.

Day 2

Bought 1150 gold ore at 500gp each. Cash decreased by 575k.

I will update as the day goes on! Comments are welcome.

Lantadymes. Err and shouldn't this be in rate this and accomplishments?

Zonhottie.png

Currently training all skills to or above 60.

Barrows drops: 87 runs done so far. Torag Platebody on 4th run. Guthan Chainskirt on 35th run. Dharok Helm on 45th run. Torag platelegs on 49th run. Ahrim Robeskirt on 86th run.

Yeah man totally agree, to continue on with the hatred I would just like to say that I hate anybody who posts barrow logs, monster drop logs and skill logs. Infact anybody who posts any log whatsoever sucks big time.

You've worked hard sure, but why is it that you said merchanters haven't worked hard? If you knew anything about the way a market economy works you would know the law of supply a demand, an item is worth as much as somebody is willing to pay for it. Trading in this game is a hassle, when you deal with a merchant you are paying for a convience. If you want a real life example, how about 7/11, they charge me like $2 for a chocolate bar, at a super market I can get one for $1. So why should I pay double the price? Well because 7/11 is open 24 hours a day and I might not want to wait 12 hours for the supermarket to open and for me to get get and eat my chocolate bar.

Also, since trading isn't automated (i.e, you can set up a stall buying iron ore for 100gp per unit) you are also paying merchanters for the time it takes to amass large amounts of goods.

Merchanters DO NOT, drive the price of goods up, they charge a fee for convience. If you don't want to pay the fee, then don't. If you complain about merchanters driving up prices (i.e, everybody pays 1000gp per rune ore, but merchanters pay 2000gp per, they drive up the price!) this is simply not true, they are obivously selling the good to somebody, somebody who ahs decided their time can be better spent doing skills and paying a service fee to the merchanter.

Sure merchanters show off, but so do skill levelers, runescape is filled with people showing off. If you are going to get angry about something, else be consistent and be angry at everybody who does it, not just a group of people.

/end rant.

This supposed to be funny or ?

99 cooking / 99 magic / 99 ranged / 99 hitpoints / 99 herblore / 99 defence

scopeysigui6.gif

quotein4.png

Quoted for truth, wisest thing I've heard anyone say on Runescape.

Mr S Scope and Chewy both my mates....but can you say owned?

Lolz, forums ftw

Not really, its called sarcasm. I posted that about 30 minutes ago, so its not like I forgot it. I posted it because I wanted to point out the inconsistancies in the persons post. (I.e, its ok for everybody else to post logs, just not merchants)

That post is kinda what made me decide it'd be neat to have a trading post. People always ask how I make money, well this is how I do it.

Looks like a great log :)

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

Totals for day one: Cash decreased by 17mill(Rounded to the nearest mill). Total profit was 2683k (2.7mill rounded to the near hundred thousand).

Comments for day one: Not bad for day one, I didn't play very long (45-60 minutes) and I didn't have any of my rs official posts running. So mostly they were biggish trades from my friends list. It was nice to get rid of my rune ore and rune bars, because I was having a bit of trouble finding buyers. I just gotta offload those 150k nats, i've already had multiple offers for 300 per, so if worst comes to worst I get my money back.

Going to go get some dinner with the family, see you tommorow maybe.

Ah! A merchants log. Well I could learn a few pointers from this. I wouldnt mind some extra cash.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Keep going mate!! I also look forward to finding out the methods of the merchants!! GL with getting 2 full sets, although most people would be extremely happy with a single phat. Greedy :wink:

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

I think that this log will inspire quite a lot of people :wink: .

18/22 skills at or better than 60.

1300+ skill total.

Barrows:Torag's Helm x2, Guthan's Helm, Guthan's Warspear, Dharok's Greataxe, died to dharok, Guthan's Platebody, Ahrim's Hood. All in a total of 104 runs.

merchanting is hard, physically, but the concept is easy.

just learn prices, have patience, and anyone could be a good merchanter.

but that doesnt mean that there are still better at it then others.

w4M8t.png

Silly chubcake :o *kicks* good luck with your goals. Did you forget about the yellows :0?

~ady

"Y2kadrian" a.k.a. "Baby Ady"

138 Combat, 99 Herblore, Farming, Crafting, Slayer, Summoning, etc

Playing since 2001.