Censor

RScaper

Here is a link some of you might find useful:

http://[Please Use QuickFind Code].com/lang/en/aff/ ... 4,23457176

Runescape's official thread of wrongly censored words (Yes, official as in Jagex-approved :D )

There was another thread for wrongly censored non-english words, but I am unsure of its fate.

If you dont take steps to ensure that you're protected, you void all right to complain when stuff goes wrong.
Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

grammar2gr8dx.png

I say there is not enogh mods mixing with us "normal players" to see whats getting blocked and stuff

I can see it now:

mod: Hi.

20 different players: OMG A MOD! FR33 St0# P1Z!!???

mod: [sighs]

If you dont take steps to ensure that you're protected, you void all right to complain when stuff goes wrong.
Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

grammar2gr8dx.png

Many of these censored words are censored on purpose. For example, "phone" and "mobile" are censored to prevent people breaking the "no asking for personal details" rule.

Some of the nonsensical censored words include "thats" and "whats" - you have to type 'em with an apostrophe. Not that I'm complaining, grammar for the win. 8-)

Jagex (or its censoring program) has gone completely beserk... :evil:

To censor words that aren't supposed to be doesn't really violate the 1st Amendment, but it does violate (don't want to use that term too losely) some people's freedom of speech.

Enough said about freedom of speech...

Yeah, I don't really look for censored words, but... yeah...

1)jagex is in england

2)jagex ownz the game and has the ability to do whatever they so desire with it

3)if you speak in correct English, you will not get any words blocked, by my findings anyway

4) they do seem to block alot of the European languages, so maybe Jagex are just xenophobic?

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

gah=gah

gahh=****

gahhh=*****

etc.

howie101=howie101

howie=how**

nadsiggeh2cw3.png

(\/) 42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

(O.o) cabbage rools

(><) my sig is cool, if you agree put this in your sig. *is too lazy to animate*

^the bunny is back! yay!

You can't say "Poof" anymore. :? So if you wanna teleport away after saying "Poof" you end up saying "****." :(

but y do u need the ' in thats....its not a crime...lol

Bcuz when u dont use prorper gramamar u end up... bcoming unable to express urself proprely oka?!

Seriously though, I support Jagex' banning of the "word" 'thats'. People need to buck up and starting learning how to type/spell properly. I've talked with TAs in my philosophy class that have received (unversity level) essays with ridiculous spelling.

For example, 'your', instead of 'you're'. And you aren't even supposed to use 'you're' - it's an incorrect spelling of a word that isn't even allowed in the first place :P.

No doubt lazy internet-speak is more than a cause of this.

summerpngwy6.jpg

You can't say "Poof" anymore. :? So if you wanna teleport away after saying "Poof" you end up saying "****." :(

I can relate to this. I was doing magic tricks for a group of noobs, tried to make a dramatic exit, and thanks to the Jagex censor looked like I was swearing at the lot of them. :x

They've really got to fix some of the censored words. How could "Poof" or "oops" possibly be construed as something bad???