Construction my shout about it! Make are own planks?

RoswellCrash

Right im not one of the people that think construction should be cheap and

im not sure if we should be able to make planks without paying for them,

if you want JaGeX to make it possible to cut logs into planks yourself there

is a petition in the recent update's part of the official RuneScape forums so go and sign it.

Just take a look at this:

To build one of each room in your house you would need 1030000gp.

+ 10k for the top Demon butler (Alathazdrar).

+ 25k for the fancy stone.

+ 25k for Yanille location.

+ 50k for the KQ/KBD Head.

+ 500k for the Money Crest.

+ All the top furniture. (Well over 5mil)

+ You need to have two bedrooms to have a Servant.

+ All the money on the Materials:

Millions of planks normal being 100, oak 250, teak 500, mahogany 1500, cloth 650 and so on.

So I would say with basic furniture one of each room and a butler and fancy brick = 2615000gp

So end result this is the first skill that can only be bought

So should they simplify it a bit and let us make planks???

Because without the planks youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re still looking at 3mil for a basic furniture one of each room house with butler and fancy stone.

I just canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t put a price on a top of the range house with magic building stones (I hear cost 1mil each*), gold leaf, marble, and garden items.

Gold Leafs - I think 125K each or 135K each Leaf.

Magic Stones - 925K each Stone.

Marble - 325K each Stone.

Thanks cyco.

I am not telling im asking so if you flame i don't know why! All information may be incorrect im just a noob

I think that was the point. It's a money sink designed to take gold out of the game. It can only be bought from an NPC, therefore the money isn't circulated between players.

But you can always collect planks from respawns if you can find one :wink:

There are atleast 2 ways to train this without paying tons of cash; limestone and soft clay.

If you don't like the way this skill is, don't train it :lol:

Edit;

my texts are for everyone who can read them, not directed at you, all. think that and read my post again :)

And:

Have you calculated how much getting to lvl 99 costs with oaks? then calculate again with teaks and then mahogany.

As you can see, getting there with atleast oak takes less than 70m rs cash. That is NOT much, when comparing to skills like prayer and smithing :wink:

There are atleast 2 ways to train this without paying tons of cash; limestone and soft clay.

If you don't like the way this skill is, don't train it :lol:

Nice one i'll now train on lvl 3 monsters to get comabt up and smelt bronze to get smithing up to 99 and so on.... i mean after lvl 30 20xp a brick isn't good.

And i said im happy with it so your

If you don't like the way this skill is, don't train it
shouldn't be directed at me.

Not having a go but i was trying not to get these kind of answers i wanted to start a debate.

Each person with a why it should be changed and why it shouldn't.

he wants to train it cant wait to have a decent home but cant be bothered to spend millions training it. oak planks at 1k each is a rip but its what people are selling for. thats 750 per oak log!

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

Construction is draining my money but no I won't stop. The skill is far too fun for me to stop. :lol:

I also get my own planks and other materials so that means less money being spent but more time :?

I spent 600k already and I am only level 32 construction. :(

Neocrononom. Rune pure FTW.

Goals - 99 magic, 99 attack.

Construction is draining my money but no I won't stop. The skill is far too fun for me to stop. :lol:

I also get my own planks and other materials so that means less money being spent but more time :?

I spent 600k already and I am only level 32 construction. :(

Neocrononom. Rune pure FTW.

Goals - 99 magic, 99 attack.

^ A little too overpriced in my opinion, wish they cut it down by 50k or so. :\

But yeah, I'm all with the making your own plank idea.

Now i don't mind that as you would have to be a high level to use it anyway.

And don't forget to sign the post in RS Forums for cut your own planks my fellow planks. think i might sign it now.... maybe.

I've spent 5M so far and am Only 60 construction, that's when I decided to stop.

It'd be ok if Marble stones weren't so much. They should only be about 150k.

I have spent 2mil and am going to be 54 soon im stoppin there....... Are you.... Yes yes i am.

Never been so addicted, it's like when i was first addicted to RuneScape all over agin :shock:

sorry but i have to agree with jagex on this update. house should be expensive because of great benefits. also it designed to take out alching gold that floods rs economy. nice house is same as phat. they are expensive as hell and noone expects you to get 80ish lvl with few gp. if you noticed this skill is easy to level up, therefore costs a lot. i'm gonna go to 50ish sometime soon, then stpo and make some money, then spend them improving my house.

also it's nice to know that not every player in RS able to get nice house, only ones who has money and time can get great reward of this house.

bottom line: i love it and i think price just right :)

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

sorry but i have to agree with jagex on this update. house should be expensive because of great benefits. also it designed to take out alching gold that floods rs economy. nice house is same as phat. they are expensive as hell and noone expects you to get 80ish lvl with few gp. if you noticed this skill is easy to level up, therefore costs a lot. i'm gonna go to 50ish sometime soon, then stpo and make some money, then spend them improving my house.

also it's nice to know that not every player in RS able to get nice house, only ones who has money and time can get great reward of this house.

bottom line: i love it and i think price just right :)

Yeah, but no one will look at it like that. "dewd z0mg l00k at uR bleu peehat! S() c0me lewk at my house dewd it pewns uRs"

cyco_1.jpg

We should be able to make our own planks. Or, at the very least, put the plank guy closer to the bank. I hate all this running around!

From the guy with 62 runecrafting! thanks for the comment, and yes moving it closer would help but im asking about the cost not how hard you have to work.

Hire plank runners lol.

maybe perhaps have the plank system like runecrafting, except at higher levels of construction you can get more planks for the price you pay??

Rsn: Scootenhaben

Combat: 82 ::: Skill Total: 1238

Current Goals: 71/80 Fletching, 51/50 Construction

Nothings stopping anyone from actually mining clay and making it soft or making steel bars and nails, then making stuff and destroying it etc. I know this would take uberly long to get to 99, but it's still makes it a skill that doesn't have to be bought :lol: (apart from actually buying the house)

sigstuff4qe.png

I don't know what it is, but something keeps telling me you "own"?

"When you're happy it's like you're a bird; you can fly. The only trouble is, you need other birds to fly with"

you know all that money put in by high alching? that's the money they're taking out

plus there taking away inflation... those darn p hats have to come down sooner or later...

weeee.gif

Sorry for the off-topicness, but is that the god for Pastafarians? I've heard so much about these cultists/teenagers/people

^ A little too overpriced in my opinion, wish they cut it down by 50k or so. :\

But yeah, I'm all with the making your own plank idea.

Now i don't mind that as you would have to be a high level to use it anyway.

And don't forget to sign the post in RS Forums for cut your own planks my fellow planks. think i might sign it now.... maybe.

Signed it :wink: But for some reason, I don't see jagex changing it. Hopefuly i'm wrong.