Skill Guide: Construction

Did some quick maths on this:

Number of trips = 8

Logs per trip = 25 (28 - saw, hammer and teles)

Logs per salary = 8 * 25 = 200

Salary = 10,000

Cost per log = 10000 / 200 = 50 GP

So the new price per oak log is 300... GP

Which is a rise of a fifth on its original price. Dunno if that helps in anyway, but I was bored, so... you know.

That's how I train construction anyway. Withdraw a saw, hammer and use ammy of glory in house and home teletabs, gives 25 planks per trip.

Number of trips = 8

Salary = 10,000

Which is a rise of a fifth on its original price. Dunno if that helps in anyway, but I was bored, so... you know.

That's how I train construction anyway. Withdraw a saw, hammer and use ammy of glory in house and home teletabs, gives 25 planks per trip.

And I did timing on this a while ago, and I found that a full round for demon butlers to make and bank Planks with the log notes in your inventory takes a little under a minute, which i think well justifies the extra 50gp it takes. Either way, I have tested this a while ago and it is per trip, not per item, that the butler will count before asking for your salary.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Number of trips = 8

Salary = 10,000

And I did timing on this a while ago, and I found that a full round for demon butlers to make and bank Planks with the log notes in your inventory takes a little under a minute, which i think well justifies the extra 50gp it takes. Either way, I have tested this a while ago and it is per trip, not per item, that the butler will count before asking for your salary.

Ahhh... but isn't there a new spell that planks all logs in the inventory? Would that be cheaper per log? I think it was included in the Dream Mentor update? I remember reading something like that, I'm not too hot on Magic. :(

I'd be happy to do the maths after I've done my task for this week and get back to one of the guide editors, probably pokemama if she's done her task (you seems to like construction ::'), with this info.

Ahhh... but isn't there a new spell that planks all logs in the inventory? Would that be cheaper per log? I think it was included in the Dream Mentor update? I remember reading something like that, I'm not too hot on Magic. :(

Level 86

Plank Make (requires dream mentor)

2 astral 15 earth 1 nature and money

Converts 1 log into a plank. Wood - 70gp Oak - 175gp Teak - 350gp Mahogany - 1050gp.

More information can be found in the Construction guide.

90 Exp per cast

Basically, you pay 600 gp to plank 1 oak log, and you get 90 magic exp. Worth it? I doubt it.

nh.jpg

Level 86

Plank Make (requires dream mentor)

2 astral 15 earth 1 nature and money

Converts 1 log into a plank. Wood - 70gp Oak - 175gp Teak - 350gp Mahogany - 1050gp.

More information can be found in the Construction guide.

90 Exp per cast

Basically, you pay 600 gp to plank 1 oak log, and you get 90 magic exp. Worth it? I doubt it.

Yeah... the Log is cheaper, but it's the extra Nature Rune that makes this spell unfavorable unless you're training magic at the same time, where I can see someone stocking up on thousands of astrals and making some money with this.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.