The Falidore Massacre

TheRat

The Falidore Massacre-

Howdy, many of you now would of heard the events that took place today on the 6-6-06 in Falidore centre world 111, Runescape. For those of you that didnâââ‰â¢t, Jagexâââ¬Å¾Ã¢ the owner of Runescape the MMORPG recently released a new skill into their online game. The skill is called Construction where you can make and furnish your own home and include games, dueling, monsters and dungeons. You can also invite many people into your house of up to 20 rooms and hold meetings + parties. There are many things you can do with the new skill but I wonâââ‰â¢t mention all of them. Construction was released on the 31-May-2006 and due to the newness of the update obviously glitches were to be expected, Iâââ‰â¢m sure none expected any as severe as this. A glitch was left in the programming that meant after a certain sequence of events happened that I cannot say due to copy cats, that you would find yourself outside the owners house with the ability to attack others.

This is where the star of this interview, Durial, Found himself.

Durial, Is a 16 year old Male from the United States of America, He has been playing Runescape since May of 2005. He enjoys the Pking aspect of the game as many do. He has a sense of humor, Has proven to be very approachable, Well mannered, And quite nice.

Durials Runescape account by Runescape standards is an overall Pking account, With decent mid range skills. His Runescape name which is currently still showing up on Runescape Highscores but locked is Durial123.

After I learnt of the events that happened today during Curse Youâââ‰â¢s 99 Construction party (first in the game), I Decided to try find out all I could about what happened. I tracked down Durial and got his permission for an Interview.

The names in the Interview have been changed to âââ¬ÃâThe Ratâââ¬Ã

theratom7.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting post. Firstly, I think that this thread would be better in general p2p, as it would go with a lot of the other posts on the same topic there.

On topic, it is a very interesting interview, but I can;t really agree with a lot of it. You were hardly sympathetic towards the countless people that lost money, items and rares. Personally, I would log and report the bug as soon as that happened. He went into the house with the intention of bug abuse, fully loaded up with ancients, with every intention of ruining the game for other people. I dont believe a word of it when he says that he feels sorry for those that he has killed. The wilderness is one thing, but such an abuse is unacceptable.

He is clearly not a normal, nice, quiet person for saying things like

I wanted to kill

I hope that he gets banned, along with any other accounts that he has. I'm just sad that he managed to get rid of some of his items before he was disconnected. We dont need that kind of player in RS, and we dont need that kind of person posting on our forums.

Your opinion at the end implies that he was the wrong peron in the wrong place at the wrong time, and this is all Jagex's fault for not testing. There are always more players than testers, and they are always some people trying to find loopholes. He deliberately made the most of a bug to gain maximum advantage to himself at the expense of other gamers. Shame on him, and to a lesser extent, shame on you for making him feel good about it and somehow justifying it to him.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

Thankyou for compliments on the Interview, Please ask an Adminn to move it to a more suitable forum.

Also, As tempting as it is to defend his actions, I am not him and do not know him on a personal level.

Although from what i gather, He was there with ancients due to taking part in the dungeon inside the house, And only found out about the glitch when he died, So decided to see if it worked, And well, It did.

Seems like a nice kid caught up in the moment.

Also i do feel sorry for all the people who lost their items, But there was really no reason for me to say that inside the interveiw.

I did on the otherhand aknowledge that he had done something wrong and my sympathy does go out to those affected, As i beleive i said in more or less words in the original post.

Hopefuly solutions to the problems given are found, The bug is fixed quickly, And he can continue to play with a lesson learnt.

theratom7.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

No, click for the free download, Then type in the key provided, Then you should see "Your download ticket has been reserved wait 30 seconds" in about the middle of the page, It'll count down, Then click the download prompt on the middle of the page.

theratom7.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

This incident disgusts me.

He is clearly not a 'decent 16 year old'. Most people would have realised, very early on, that something was seriously wrong. Yes, sure, you could get caught up for 5, maybe 10 minutes. But an hour? That is excessive and greedy.

Most players I believe, would have owned up to what is happenning. Clearly, he has no sense of right or wrong, or he has very little willpower to stop. Yes, he has made RS history, but i think praising him as a legend is just stupid. It is like praising the guy who duped party hats. The amount of people I saw getting owned at that party was insane - I guarantee you that they would not think is is a legend.

This is bug abuse at its premium, and something of which I sincerely hope he gets banned for. I notice his account has now been removed from the High scores, which I hope means he has been permanently banned. He deserves to be.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

I dont beleive he would've had time to stop, Step back, And say hmm..Wonder what this will do to my acc and how others are feeling?

Im pretty sure he'd be too busy thinking wow..This is amazing..With adrenaline pumping...Who can i get next?

Which i dont at all blame him for, He is after all human. And in my opinion a good approachable one.

theratom7.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

I did on the otherhand aknowledge that he had done something wrong and my sympathy does go out to those affected, As i beleive i said in more or less words in the original post.

The Rat (6:52:59 PM): The falidore massacre, Congrats man :lol:

The Rat (6:57:08 PM): I donâââ‰â¢t blame you there, I just hope you get your acc back.

The Rat (6:58:26 PM): It would have been a full on gigglefest adrenaline rush..

The Rat (6:59:34 PM): Absolutely horrible that he stole it , Especially after you did what you did, He stole from a new online gaming legend.

The Rat (7:05:39 PM): Of course, although you did what any person in your shoes would have.

Durial (7:07:16 PM): I do feel bad...Durial (7:07:23 PM): For those I killed ...The Rat (7:07:45 PM): It would of been fun and amazing beyond words man :lol:

:?:

jiggeryqua.png

Jagex made money sink. Big one.

But now they kinda ruined it. I think rares go up again a little.

And i think Durial321 will be remembered. He will be legend kinda.

DoomsDay Massarce will be remembered.

Maybe it wasnt going to be that great. But so many people think it has something to do with 6.6.6 and so do i.

Much people think that Durial321 is The Chosen One and will remember him.

The Chosen One, definitely not..

Interesting interview, but he did purposely abuse the glitch, not just "in the moment"..

QUOTE(Bakay @ Jun 5 2006, 10:41 PM)

Durial321 your a [developmentally delayed]. go to hell :)

Have fun being banned.

Rofl! You honestly think i care? I've been a glitcher hardcore ever since socom 2 and 3. Glitching is fun as hell but sorry that you lil goodies won't ever have the fun that i've had. But you gotta admit hell of a way to go out, eh? ;D

ok i think that if i was given the power to do that i would kill everyone i wanted to. and most people would do the same, he shouldn't get banned coz its jagex's fault that that happened, and it shouldn't happen in the futre coz they should know how to sort it out.plus it was quite funny watching that video. oh and calling it a massacre is at bit silly as its only an online game

If you like to annoy people who think that the best way to type is to use grammer and all that and find it really funny when they go in to detail about it over silly little things put this in your sig

ok i think that if i was given the power to do that i would kill everyone i wanted to. and most people would do the same, he shouldn't get banned coz its jagex's fault that that happened, and it shouldn't happen in the futre coz they should know how to sort it out.plus it was quite funny watching that video. oh and calling it a massacre is at bit silly as its only an online game

No, most people wouldn't do the same - most people are, without a shadow of a doubt, significantly more mature than either you or durial.

If you would 'kill' everyone, then it would be a 'massacre', by the way - you'd still be laughing what ever they called, though, eh?

jiggeryqua.png

you'd still be laughing what ever they called, though, eh?--didnt understand that. and its a bit over the top to call somthing in an internet game a massacre. just because killing people on runescape an internet game, where your not suppose to doesn't make it not mature, if you think then you take runescape a bit too seriouse

If you like to annoy people who think that the best way to type is to use grammer and all that and find it really funny when they go in to detail about it over silly little things put this in your sig

Bug abuse bolshan bug abuse...

you see, he notified he could attack people but did he tell jagex? he carried on own fault still hope u get acc back and just like a weeks bad :P

/Svclan

ok get banned for a bit but not for ever as its jagex's fault the bug happened, but most people would do it no matter what anyone says

i would love to meet Durial, he sounds like a guy on the same wave length as me. Gosh i feel sorry for him being banned he would have done what anyone else in his shoes would.

Although greed is one of the biggest porblems.. if he didn't kill that many.. he could have carryed it on for a longer pirod of time.

Also 666 lol what a co insidents?

A friend to all is a friend to none.

exactly at the end of the day he did wrong no matter what...

it was a bug and jagex clearer state do not bug abuse? for all you thinking its someone alwayas aksing you question and abusing u buggin u its not lol, its clearly wrong. on the other hand his account ahs been removed now :(

look people, i am fairly new to the pking world, only having pked seriously for like the lats 3 or four monthes, and i know how it feels to get that adreniline rush, and that feeling of "who can i kill next". I find it totally understandable for him to have gone about killing people for this long, and i would have probably done the same. I personally think that he should not be benned, and that jagex should just make sure that no one is able to do this again

I would honestly like to ridicule this... But I don't really understand it...

Lets put ourselves in Durial's position:

I am a pretty good level, i could take these people down, too bad they aren't in the wilderness, look at all the party hats! Whoa, hey, that guy was just attacked, where's the swarm? That's not a swarm, wow hey, i can PK everyone!!!!

Let's face it, if we were there there are two main points:

1) We would love to have all that stuff!

2) "Bug Abuse" would be the farthest thing from our minds, how many people would think 'oh know, this is a bug, i better not do anything'? We wouldn't even think of bug, we'd think of "NOW IT'S REALLY PARTY TIME!"

I'm notcompletely for him being free though, he should be punished, but i say they should just lock his account for a few weeks then let him back on the game.

WFCrest.gif