The Falidore Massacre

TheRat

you'd still be laughing what ever they called, though, eh?--didnt understand that. and its a bit over the top to call somthing in an internet game a massacre. just because killing people on runescape an internet game, where your not suppose to doesn't make it not mature, if you think then you take runescape a bit too seriouse

Excuse me, I missed out the word 'it', as in "You'd still be laughing whatever they called it" - whether they called it a massacre or not, I imagine you'd be laughing with durial and at all those people (yes, actual people) who'd put actual hours of actual effort into characters who mean something to them.

I was trying to point out that you happily used the word 'kill' to refer to the destruction of pixels. If you don't think the idea of 'killing' pixels is laughable, how can you argue with the use of the word 'massacre' for the senseless mass killing we're discussing?

Oh, and I judged you as immature on two counts: 1) you support durial's actions, despite the fact that he clearly broke the rules of the game in order to have 'fun' at the direct expense of others [maturity involves a reduction of that childish egocentricity and an increased empathy with others] and 2) you can't compose a coherent sentence or use punctuation effectively [that's egocentricity and an inabiity to see your communication from another's POV = immaturity]

I may well take RS too seriously - it does seem to have that effect on people, generally - but what I'm taking seriously here is the behaviour of the real people in the real world who engaged in that 'massacre', who were victims of it, who have discussed it, condemned it or condoned it. I do take things seriously - that's the curse of maturity, I expect...

get a life...

LOL - you had to go back some to dig that up...you're a friend of bolshan's, I take it? What a shame your response merely supports my point about immaturity. For what it's worth, I have a life - which is probably why I don't have a phat and wouldn't go on a bug rampage. I certainly have more life experience than most of the posters on this thread - there's that maturity issue again...

I work as a life skills tutor for adults with severe learning difficulties - and I'd rather spend time with them than with any of the lowlife scum who have applauded or excused the 'massacre'.

Now, if you feel the need to respond to this post, please try to spare more than a millisecond of thought and come up with an argument, some points to ponder, some ideas - or argue coherently with mine. If all you can manage is witless insults, then may I recommend you set out to improve the quality of whatever life you have.

Well dude i dont really know you, but you seem to write essays on everything, maybe you should compress your thoughts and make short answers. Believe it or not, some people like to read short sentences to save time. Anyway if you have problems expressing yourself in a compact way, ignore this.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats so special about durial? Legend? written history, yes ok kinda but cmon he was just a normal player who stumbled upon a bug, abused it and had the time of his life killin ppl, how the h**l can some ppl praise him like a hero and god. Ok I understand that the event will be remembered in rs history as a major thign but durial wasnt the uber hacker hero writing that history, it was jagex when they made thier programming mistake lol so dont praise and chant durial as the greatest legend of rs. Just had to say that lol

redtechvectorzsigbr7.jpg

Well, to be honest I would have killed a few people, too. I wouldn't have gone on a "rampage" and killed a lot of people. So, I do think that he should be banned.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

pmg dude that ownz. any flaming on this topic is simply pathetic, duri found a glitch, and he had fun with it. it was not aiming to harm anyone, he was just playin' the game. He even said he would glady give all the items back. allz i gotta say is awsome m8, and i hope to see ya around on ur new account

you'd still be laughing what ever they called, though, eh?--didnt understand that. and its a bit over the top to call somthing in an internet game a massacre. just because killing people on runescape an internet game, where your not suppose to doesn't make it not mature, if you think then you take runescape a bit too seriouse

Excuse me, I missed out the word 'it', as in "You'd still be laughing whatever they called it" - whether they called it a massacre or not, I imagine you'd be laughing with durial and at all those people (yes, actual people) who'd put actual hours of actual effort into characters who mean something to them.

I was trying to point out that you happily used the word 'kill' to refer to the destruction of pixels. If you don't think the idea of 'killing' pixels is laughable, how can you argue with the use of the word 'massacre' for the senseless mass killing we're discussing?

Oh, and I judged you as immature on two counts: 1) you support durial's actions, despite the fact that he clearly broke the rules of the game in order to have 'fun' at the direct expense of others [maturity involves a reduction of that childish egocentricity and an increased empathy with others] and 2) you can't compose a coherent sentence or use punctuation effectively [that's egocentricity and an inabiity to see your communication from another's POV = immaturity]

I may well take RS too seriously - it does seem to have that effect on people, generally - but what I'm taking seriously here is the behaviour of the real people in the real world who engaged in that 'massacre', who were victims of it, who have discussed it, condemned it or condoned it. I do take things seriously - that's the curse of maturity, I expect...

get a life...

LOL - you had to go back some to dig that up...you're a friend of bolshan's, I take it? What a shame your response merely supports my point about immaturity. For what it's worth, I have a life - which is probably why I don't have a phat and wouldn't go on a bug rampage. I certainly have more life experience than most of the posters on this thread - there's that maturity issue again...

I work as a life skills tutor for adults with severe learning difficulties - and I'd rather spend time with them than with any of the lowlife scum who have applauded or excused the 'massacre'.

Now, if you feel the need to respond to this post, please try to spare more than a millisecond of thought and come up with an argument, some points to ponder, some ideas - or argue coherently with mine. If all you can manage is witless insults, then may I recommend you set out to improve the quality of whatever life you have.

Well dude i dont really know you, but you seem to write essays on everything, maybe you should compress your thoughts and make short answers. Believe it or not, some people like to read short sentences to save time. Anyway if you have problems expressing yourself in a compact way, ignore this.

Just 4 u den (+ ne1 else who 2 bizi 2 fink): durial = scum. durial fans = dumb kids. You = immature.

Better? Debatable...

Are the three of you the same person? For the record, none of you know me, but if you want to act from knowledge rather than what 'seems' to be the case, you can check all my posts from my profile - by and large, they're not so large. But some subjects require a little more depth - and believe it or not, some people like to read long posts, when they're well written and raise pertinent points (some people like to write them, too). Certainly, just collecting pithy comments for and against an idea has very little value - unless your egocentric immaturity is satisfied merely by seeing your name on the board, rather than contributing to communication on a topic. If you have any problem understanding this long bit, hey, skip it, nothing important could possibly take so long to express...

jiggeryqua.png

This is just old now.. We can go on forever about wether or not durial is a bad guy, but flaming is a no no.

Locking this..

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)