The Falidore Massacre

TheRat

While i don't think he should be banned forever, i must say that i don't think that video game cheats apply to runescape. Video Game cheats are built in, and they do not affect anyone else. Runescape cheats aren't built in, and they affect many people.

WFCrest.gif

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way i was talking to jiggeryqua or sumin like that

Exactly like that, complete with lower case 'j'. Well done :) not bad for a lucky guess. Of course, a mature player would have taken the time and trouble to check for sure...

1) just coz i dont write properly on the internet dont make me immature coz if that does, then i guess everyone who uses slang when they speak are immature and saying that is plain stupid so saying im immature because of not writing properly is plain stupid.

2)i called it killing because that is what it is called on rs killing, a massacre is the killing of actual people not a game on the internet

1) Yes, slang speech is also an indicator of immaturity - as you mature, you will realise that communication between people of disparate backgrounds and circumstances is of benefit to everyone...and that slang, by its very nature, limits communication to people who are part of the subculture that gave rise to the slang. Indeed, you may even realise that the person you need to please with your communication is not yourself (immature ego) but rather the target of your communication (mature empathy). Now, please, explain where the stupidity is and I'll accept that my post was 'plain stupid'.

2) I call it a massacre because that's what it's being called on RS. Whose argument shall we use? Mine - that it's a massacre, because that's what it's being called - or yours - that it's a lot of 'killings', i.e. a massacre? Or your other one, that we should call things what they get called on RS - no, hang on, that's the same as my argument...

Maturity may also enhance your ability to argue coherently - here's hoping...

this whole "maturity" thing is so freaking pointless, anyone that plays runescape would have done the exact same thing as durial did. He did wrong, i'll admit it, but being permanently banned from the game is a joke. People can only handle so much temptation, he reached his limit. And besides, its just a game.

So people saying that bug abuse is a bad thing to do, have you ever used cheats on another video game? Most people would say yes, because it makes the game more fun just to mess around for a little bit.

And this is getting rediculous with all the flaming, this is people opinion's no need to criticise like that. Sure you can say that you disagree, but calling someone immature because they would of had some fun on a video game is going too far.

When your 'fun' impacts so severely on others then it stops being socially acceptable - and RS is a social game, like it or not, it is not just a game and there is no comparison with using a built-in cheat code on a console game. Do you watch/support a football team? Would you object if your team's opponents starting using knives and knuckledusters because, after all, "it's only a game"? As Raichese has pointed out elsewhere, immature players weaned on a PS2 or Xbox tend to forget that the other people they meet ingame are real - you no more have a putative right to destroy their pixels than you would their garden or their car or their paintings or their sandcastle.

I think it's fair to say that 'having fun on a video game' is clearly an activity on the lower end of the maturity scale - nevertheless, I enjoy a little immaturity in my life from time to time. The subject under discussion, however, indicates a dangerous lack of social development in the individual concerned and in those who support his actions - especially when they can't be bothered to construct legible posts.

jiggeryqua.png

I feel he should be banned...he lured me the other day...I was buying a robin....he pmed me....said meet in edgeville bank....i was in lumby at the time...so i used the canoe to edgy....and what do you know he waas there...i went t trade him then bam...a mage came from no where and i was dead in 4 seconds....lost 500k+ stuff. Durial321 is not a s innocent as you think. Durial, if you see this...its skelcrow.

I didn't here about the part where he lured people, that changes things!

If he was luring people he should be banned, but there were many more people that were PKing outside the wildy without luring people. Those people shouldn't be banned.

WFCrest.gif

This disgusts me. I almost feel as though I should start playing WoW. But I'm broke so I can't afford to buy it. Anyways:

@ TheRat: I usually am a very WELL MANNERED person, and I never flame ANYBODY.

But you seemed to TAKE SIDES W/ HIM :!:

Honestly, I think that he should get banned. A rollback would please some people, but imagine the people who have been training since then. My friend got his construction up some more levels recently, plus added in more rooms. A rollback would destroy that work. He would have lost precious moments of his LIFE that he will never get back. A rollback might seem like the best answer, but it will only cause more! Imagine, now that word of this glitch got out, imagine all the new "glitchers" searching for their "keys to 'legends status'" like Durial got. Imagine the number of people who will benefit from the rollback. I'll tell you who they are, and they aren't people you want to benefit. Rollbacks mean loss of time. Loss of effort. Loss of faith in Jagex. Rollbacks should be for massive problems, such as a system crash that resets accounts and gives everyone access to Staff abilities. But some PKed people (now matter how unfair it was) don't have enough importance in my eyes to set everyone back about 2 days to just allow them to get useless hats back. A true faithful RS player would not look at this as a curse nor a punishment, but rather as a new goal. A new reason to work again, if you will. I (as a non-member), keep myself busy by setting mini-goals, personal quests even. One of my past goals, as most people's was at some point, was to get full rune. I got close but didn't get all of it. I even sold some of it, but thats fine. I'm working right back at it again anyways. Some people seriously need to remember what they are complaining about.

Little small pieces of JAVA coding that create colored graphics that look like a little paper crown.

Is a small piece of JAVA code that offers no practical use other than saying: "I'm rich in this GAME, so I wasted my GAME money on a little worthless GAME hat that offers no use at all!"

I say it's not. I say going and wiping the progress made in the past day or so is not worth some whiners getting a worthless piece of JAVA code back into their bank. It just doesn't make sense. If by any chance any Jagex guys read this, please consider these facts. (I honestly doubt Jagex will look here, but they can suprise you...)

If you agree with me, great. If not, let me have it. I feel I made my point. Add to it, flame it, agree, disagree, it's your life. Live it how YOU want. Not how some whiners want it to be.

Markus111112 wrote:

this whole "maturity" thing is so freaking pointless, anyone that plays runescape would have done the exact same thing as durial did.

News Flash: Actually, PKers would have. A "MATURE" player would have reported the bug to prevent such an event.

It's too late for a rollback now, it was too late for a rollback an hour after the "massacre" started. Maybe if someone had reported it sooner, or if action had been taken sooner, say 30minutes, things would be ok.

Darial did what any PKer would have done, and many PKers did do, and that's attack everyone. The only thing that I would say would be out of control was if he was luring and baiting people. Other than that, most people would have done, and did, what he was doing.

WFCrest.gif

Therat, would you still hope he isn't banned if it had been your phat?

Just because others would have done the same doesn't make it right. That kinda of bug abuse is right up there with the guy who pk'ed inside the abyss. Why would you cruelly kill innocent players just for a cheap thrill? Throw away anything you've put into your account just to hurt someone else. It's sick.

I for one think you guys are comming down way to hard on him. He was put into a position where he had total control over whoever the hell he wanted, and even though I think I wouldn't abuse the power, I can't blame anyone who would.

He said he was willing to return items, that shows he is sorry (although we don't know if he actually means it, I think he does.)

I feel greatly sorry for the players who lost items, but I feel just as sorry for the killer and Jagex.

After a mod said "Stop killing." and he continued to kill, stupid he was.

You people are thinking too much of the Criminal and not of the VITIM. Reminds me of the crappy U.S. imprisions people...If I've lost my phat I would of wanted him perm. banned. I know, if that was me, I would of killed people and take their phats.

But after being told by a MOD to stop, I would have enough common sence to stop killing, rather than continue.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I believe banning his pixels and not giving back his green phat pixels is just fine. He had no regard for anyone else's pixels when he was doing this why should anyone care about his?

He knew he was breaking the rules, he had played long enough and was old enough to know that if he could kill outside the wilderness and without others retaliating that it wasn't suppose to be happening.

I don't understand why he wants his pixels back I mean he didn't care about anyone else pixels.

Maybe he will learn and other will learn that actions have consequences even if it is just a game and he will grow up to be a better person. He may even learn that there are real people behind all those pixels.

Katryna.png

Ok, I've been hearing differant things from differant people, some say he was able to kill without getting warned by a mod until his account was locked, others say he was repeatedly told to stop. TheRat, you talked to him, what's the REAL story.

WFCrest.gif

Out of context this sounds great because every Pker dreams of a glitch that lets them kill anyone anywhere, and the wells of RS gossip certainly won't run dry for a good while. But reading this for what it's worth, yes, Durial did a bad thing, but I'm sure that most other players, given the opportunity to basically get free items, would go for it. Personally, I might kill a few players and get some screenies, just for my RS photo collection, but going crazy like that and going on an hour-long killing spree is completely unnecessary and is going to leave a lot of people unhappy. That was a good day because of CY's 99 and Durial pretty much ruined the whole thing. To me, I love this, because it will make Runescape history, but I'm sure I'd feel a little different if I lost my red phat. And what the hell is Durial complaining about getting scammed for, if anyone deserved it he did.

PS thanks Rat for "sticking up for him" to Jagex, I'm sure it helped get a few more words out of him.

If Bush's war was about money, we'd still be fighting WWII

I'm not a saint, I guarantee I would have killed some people. But for the sake of my account I would have stopped after a mod warned me. Durial was reckless, but wouldn't we all have killed a few people? I say ban him for SEVERAL MONTHS, then let him back. And for all those who are equating this incident to real murder, your killing pixels not people. Just because you do it in RS doesn't mean your a murderer in real life.

pissant22.png

7 months ago, shoulen m0nk lured me for everything. If you know anything about him, pm me.

lol that was a good story but his eyesight must be poor... it's a well known fact that mods only drop garages on players. :lol:

Duriel is a jerk and I can't beleive some of you people, (especially you The Rat!), are praising him as a legend. Would you think he was a legend if you were one of the people that got valuable items stolen from him. Truthfully, I would think it was cool and amazing for a few minutes and might even kill a person or 2. But I would soon realize that it was wrong and those people worked hard to get their items and it would be horrible if I were in their position. I would probably even give them their items back. Doing that for an hour is just insane.

Duriel, you are not a legend. Yes, your actions will go down in RS history, but they will be remembered as a sad time, and you will not be remembered as a legend.

And btw, it being on 6/6/06 was just random chance.

i would like to point out dariel is a legend and i honestly dont think he deserves to be treated like some sort of autoer scum what if this bug got out more and instead of say 200 people being killed in a mascre some thousands of ignorant people stepped in thier and lost it all,also dariel said he couldn't really stop and said he was sorry,i sure wouldn't have said i was sorry i know that for sure

Wait, you think that even though he ruined many people's years of hard work, that he shouldn't be banned? He knowingly abused a bug to gain a gigantic advantage against other players but that wasn't wrong? He attacked people who had no food, no armor, and couldn't defend their selves but he's a average pker.

AND most of all you think anyone would have done that given the opportunity!? In the future I suggest you use indefinite pronouns more carefully because I know myself and the majority of the runescape population wouldn't have done that.

I don't understand why people think this guy is a "god" or that he is the best player ever!@211! If you are going to say that you might as well give any one who hacks an account the same praise.

p9793481.gif

p8170253.gif

Just because most people would have done it, doesn't make it ok. Durial knew that he was abusing a bug, and he enjoyed ruining other people's fun and work. He is not an average, well mannered human being. He is a murderer. I'm honestly surprised that he wasn't banned on the spot.

I also find The Rat's worshipping of this murderer disgusting. Duriel killed innocent, defenseless runescapers, and The Rat worshipped and congratulated him. And The Rat even sympathized with the murderer when he lost the phat that shouldn't even had been his in the first place. The Rat's name truely suits him.

And The Rat's assumptions that the majority of the players of Runescape would have done the same thing is groundless and made-up. His saying that the majority of the players of runescape are pkers is also groundless and mere assumption. In fact, studies show that those that play MMORPGS for PvP action are in the minority.

Just because Duriel said that he felt "sorry" for the people he killed, doesn't make his actions justifiable. If people could be redeemed for just saying sorry for their actions, thousands of murderers, robbers and law breakers would walk the streets. And Duriel could have easily just lied about feeling sorry, all it would take are a couple of typed letters.

i don't know if i respect the guy or hate him...he sounds like a nice guy but he killed lots of innocent people and they had rares..some people take forever to get their rares and he took them...aw man that would be a bummer..

i wanna see that vid of the fally massacre but it aint workin..

\:D/ Ray::P2P::::Roaming Around::::Phat me pl0x?::::Beamster:: \:D/

reduccionoy9.jpg