The Falidore Massacre

TheRat

Now, I believe Durial was alright for doing what he did.

And to everyone saying "He purposely did it, he wasn't caught in the moment" yada yada...Think about it...If you saw someone with a phat...And you had the attack option, I sure as hell know you'd try to attack them.

He was just having a little fun, and made gaming history at the same time. 8-)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop Defending him. Christ the sob did wrong.

not saying i wouldnt go kill everyone but still. HOPEFULLY he gets banned and people get there stuff back and they but i know people wont get there stuff back. and his Killing spree will go down in rs history, because this is the biggest bug ever. good thing his account is banned. Muhahaha. too bad he worked so hard for an hour of killing people... worth it? Nope

dam kids and there rule breaking

mysig11sv5.png

im not that good in rs

but i woulnd't have gone in the party intentionally just to go kill ppl

now im not a pker so i dont no what its like to kill ppl.

if u ask me i hope he gets banned forever

but theres no saying that we all woulda done teh same

i prob woulda gone after the ones with the phats

you'd still be laughing what ever they called, though, eh?--didnt understand that. and its a bit over the top to call somthing in an internet game a massacre. just because killing people on runescape an internet game, where your not suppose to doesn't make it not mature, if you think then you take runescape a bit too seriouse

Excuse me, I missed out the word 'it', as in "You'd still be laughing whatever they called it" - whether they called it a massacre or not, I imagine you'd be laughing with durial and at all those people (yes, actual people) who'd put actual hours of actual effort into characters who mean something to them.

I was trying to point out that you happily used the word 'kill' to refer to the destruction of pixels. If you don't think the idea of 'killing' pixels is laughable, how can you argue with the use of the word 'massacre' for the senseless mass killing we're discussing?

Oh, and I judged you as immature on two counts: 1) you support durial's actions, despite the fact that he clearly broke the rules of the game in order to have 'fun' at the direct expense of others [maturity involves a reduction of that childish egocentricity and an increased empathy with others] and 2) you can't compose a coherent sentence or use punctuation effectively [that's egocentricity and an inabiity to see your communication from another's POV = immaturity]

I may well take RS too seriously - it does seem to have that effect on people, generally - but what I'm taking seriously here is the behaviour of the real people in the real world who engaged in that 'massacre', who were victims of it, who have discussed it, condemned it or condoned it. I do take things seriously - that's the curse of maturity, I expect...

jiggeryqua.png

lol, y do ppl hate him for abusing a glitch?? And all of you who say you wouldt exploit a glitch like that ur just trying to act mature or sumthing.

If Durial was really greedy, and a bad person, he would of went to world 2, phat selling place, then barraged em all and taken their phats and millions.

He was doing it for fun, not to get super rich by robbing ppl. There were heaps of targets near him who would have dropped something valuable, but he didnt kill em, he killed random ppl for fun. And he didnt get that much stuff.

He shouldnt be banned, there should either be a replay to before the glitch happened or he should give stuff back to the ppl. (if he knew which ppl he killed lol)

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

No I am not Durials lawyer. :-P

Im pleased my Interview and the information i found has been taken oboard in a mainly positive way here.

As i took 3 or so hours hunting down Durial then interviewing and editing grammer.

I cant change any of your opinions and wont try to, Due to you all being intitled to them. I can also not make excuses for Durials actions, For i am not him and have only spoken to him on one occasion- That of the interview.

But i will comment on a few further things.

I also like the irony of the date 06-06-06, Excellent. And only topped off by the name of the host of the party, Curse You.

Also, Before your quick to judge the younge gentleman at question so quickly take into mind after watching the video a stranger to him and I recorded, He had 100's of players laughing and cheering him on...Amoung his own adrenaline and other factors of what was going on in his head etc already spoken about here.

As is my knowledge, Durial is now perm banned.

Thats all i can really say.

I have so far enjoyed reading all your feedback.

Oh, One more thing, I changed the names of everything for privacy, And it will continue that way, Durials contact details will remain between he and I.

The Rat.

theratom7.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

therat are u completely stupid! let me state some facts

he went to the house to abuse the bug. at that point he passed through a whole bunch of player mods and j mods who were telling everyone that it was a bug and to go bank there stuff.

he then proceeded to abuse the bug, all the while pmod's telling him it was against the rules. what did he expect to happen? anyone that has played the game and is a member knows if u blatently abuse a bug or break the rules in front of a player mod expects to be reported and perm banned but to continue doing it for an hour thats completely stupid. to think he didnt know exactly what he was doing while mods telling him to stop and others saying please dont kill me! and you are defending him makes u look even worse than him. thats like worshiping anyone that uses a macro. its all breaking the rule's and he knew it.

if he ever gets his accounts back, i would love to see him starting with a emtpy bank and stat's reset and throw in a perm mute. he took stuff from ppl who never knew about the bug and some of those ppl quit because of him. DO NOT DEFEND HIM!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

What he did do was shameful; though he may be nice person in real life he took advantage of people that had items worth astronomical amounts by killing them. Wilderness is fair game but killing people that canâââ‰â¢t defend themselves in a literal sense and run in flock to defend themselves in pure barbaric and despicable.

ipex7.png

a few more points:

1. Wasn't he already in faladore by the party? I thought that's where he was when he found the glitch.

2. The only reason we're singling him out is because he had a movie and an interview about the "massacre", there are plenty of other people who did it.

3. He isn't a threat to runescape anymore since HE CAN'T DO IT AGAIN! This was a one-time thing! People are supposed to be banned to stop them from breaking the rules constantly, but he can't break them anymore! I don't know know his previous offences against Jagex, but if this is his first one or an early offence lock his account for a few weeks and let him back on!

WFCrest.gif

Lets not let this post become another flamefest, For it is the original.

I can only answer so much, As i only know so much.

I am currently taking steps to prove the authenticity of the interview.

Thats all i have to say here for now.

theratom7.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Bubsa, with all due respect, you don't know me, and therefore have no idea what I would or would not do in that situation. I can tell you categorically that I would not have done what he did.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Durial in no way, sense, shape, or form deserves to be congratulated or even complimented for his actions. Being an agreeable and "decent" person (which he obviously isn't anyway- decency is respecting others) is no excuse for blatant disregard of rules and actions for ones own fun or benefit. There shouldn't even be an argument over whether or not he is permanently banned, it is obvious how much he broke the rules and must pay the consequences. He is not a legend, he is the epitomy of scamming and the darker side of runescape. Anyone who even considers the fact that he should be famous for this should be disgusted with themselves, and are ruining the game for everyone.

Do we all love it when our items get scammed from us? I don't think so. Do you walk around telling people how happy you are that you were scammed by "soandso" and lost 2 mil? I guarantee not. Congratulating or complimenting durial is egging on and encouraging more more and more scammers that look up to widespread destruction of peoples accounts and getting personal fame from it, and therefore just making runescape worse and worse. He should have had the self-respect and decency to have reported the bug, congratulations on having the self-control of a 6 year old. Guess who else gets "caught up in the adrenaline of the moment?" Child molesters, rapists, and serial killers. Which isn't too far from the truth seeing as how durial can be quoted to say he was having too much fun killing people to pay attention...

Let's just pretend for a second that there was 4 million in real life cash sitting in your neighbors house. Would you walk next door and kill both of them in cold blood because you "were too excited" that you could? I would hope not, and if you answer yes to that question, well then you already know what type of person you are. Runescape, while not real, relies on the same principles of human decency. JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD. Congratulating Durial is in principal the same as congratulating a serial killer for all the fame he gets.

And as for you 8 year olds who are happy that this happened... wake up! Jagex works it's [wagon] off for you to have an enjoyable game, and you cheer when they take a hit.

LET ME MAKE THIS PERFECTLY CLEAR AND AGREE WITH JIGGERYQUA:

The majority of runescape players over the age of 12 WOULD NOT DO WHAT DURIAL HAS DONE. If you can not realize that I am telling the truth with this, and think that I would have done the same as him, like you would, then I highly encourage you to quit runescape and go into real life. You have much more to learn about how things work. Not to mention how much better you would make the game by doing so.

Everyone here saying that they wouldn't do the same if that happened to them, are bold faced liars. You can't possibly tell me that if you had the chance to go on a huge killing spree, you wouldn't. I'm not even talking about for the money, just for the fun.

Every single one of you here would jump at the chance to be in his shoes for a day. While I admit some of us would handle the situation a little bit differently then Duriel did. But you can't tell me that you wouldn't kill a single person, not even for money, just for fun.

If he was really in it for the money, he'd of gotten a crap load of barrage runes and barraged the crowd like crazy. Which, yes he did do it a few times, but for the majority of the time he was using melee.

He's just like any other teenager. He got caught up in the moment and had the time of his life, I'd imagine. You can't blame him for being human. Though I'm not saying he should get out scott free. He should be punished, but not an IP ban.

Falador Massacre will be remembered,i'm sure about that...

I think dureal may have lost meanwhile his killing spree.

like almost all serial killers :wink: and probably real americans :oops:

texas chainsaw massacre in Runescape? I do think so!

Necrossigv3.jpg

1) just coz i dont write properly on the internet dont make me immature coz if that does, then i guess everyone who uses slang when they speak are immature and saying that is plain stupid so saying im immature because of not writing properly is plain stupid.

2)i called it killing because that is what it is called on rs killing, a massacre is the killing of actual people not a game on the internet.

If you like to annoy people who think that the best way to type is to use grammer and all that and find it really funny when they go in to detail about it over silly little things put this in your sig

Yes, I can tell you truthfully that I WOULD NOT. And you CAN blame him for being human. Humans have self control, he does not. Getting caught up in the feeling of the moment is no different than saying "I felt like it."

People cannot just go around getting caught up in their feelings whenever they want, for greed or pleasure, and not be held accountable because "they're human" So am I, and so is everyone else who is honest.

He completely tossed self-control out the window, laughed it up and had a good time ruining things for other people, and we want to let it go because he's human. He deserves severe punishment so that no one else tries to abuse the next bug that is found and become "a legend", knowing it's not that big of a deal, they were just in "the moment" It's just absurd and disgusting that people think this is cool.

Edit: And I never said anything about spelling. By saying anyone over the age of 12, I meant anyone with more self-control than a child.

LET ME MAKE THIS PERFECTLY CLEAR AND AGREE WITH JIGGERYQUA:

The majority of runescape players over the age of 12 WOULD NOT DO WHAT DURIAL HAS DONE. If you can not realize that I am telling the truth with this, and think that I would have done the same as him, like you would, then I highly encourage you to quit runescape and go into real life. You have much more to learn about how things work. Not to mention how much better you would make the game by doing so.

Wow, I think you trust human nature a little too much :roll:

I'm sure if you were put in this situation the first thing that would come to mind would be "This is a bug in the game, i shouldn't abuse it!", no one would think that. Well, maybe a player mod would, but obviously they didn't as soon as most think because it still took them over an hour to do something. Not to bash player mods or anything, they do their jobs well, just saying that even they hesitated a little.

AND let's not forget, Durial wasn't the only person doing this. I may sound like i'm repeating myself, which i guess i am, but the only reason his case is the one we're talking about is because he had a movie and in interview done. THERE WERE TONS OF PEOPLE DOING IT. I'm SURE they are all under the age of twelve :roll:

WFCrest.gif

Everyone here saying that they wouldn't do the same if that happened to them, are bold faced liars. You can't possibly tell me that if you had the chance to go on a huge killing spree, you wouldn't. I'm not even talking about for the money, just for the fun.

Every single one of you here would jump at the chance to be in his shoes for a day. While I admit some of us would handle the situation a little bit differently then Duriel did. But you can't tell me that you wouldn't kill a single person, not even for money, just for fun.

If he was really in it for the money, he'd of gotten a crap load of barrage runes and barraged the crowd like crazy. Which, yes he did do it a few times, but for the majority of the time he was using melee.

He's just like any other teenager. He got caught up in the moment and had the time of his life, I'd imagine. You can't blame him for being human. Though I'm not saying he should get out scott free. He should be punished, but not an IP ban.

Hello,

Try not to generalise, especially when it's only based on your own rather biased opinion. Also, there is no need to call someone a blatant liar for no apparent reason other than that you do not agree with them :roll: . Not everyone is so weak-minded they have to give in to every single thing that comes across their mind.

I can tell you that I wouldn't have went on a rampage just because I had the chance. How? By remembering that I'm not the only one playing this game, and that there are others as well. Fun is good, but not at the expense of others, and that's what Durial probably "forgot". Of course I would have been tempted to do so, as would have been anyone. However, there is a big difference between being tempted and actually following up on that temptation. Take a guess why I haven't massacred anyone recently.

I agree that he's just a normal human being. He's probably an average teenager, who doesn't really think about the consequences before he acts, as do so many his age. However, that doesn't justify what he did, nor does it justify the fact that people seem to go out of their way to make up the most incredible excuses ("everyone would have done it") for his actions. He was at fault, he knows he was at fault, and he will reap the consequences.

The Nazi's were only human too, after all. But does that make up for their actions? I surely think not.

~Mardvk

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is for Good Men to do Nothing. (Edmund Burke)

i don't blame him for what he did, like mentioned before, he's only human

I Personaly would've done the same thing lol, what would u do, if u came out, and all of a sudden u can atk anyone u want, without being atk'd back, u wouldn't think of the negatives of this, after all it's just a game, and games are meant for fun... so i'd go killing people lol, racking up as much cash as i can, i'm not trying to sound greedy or something, but it's just what i'd do

I don't think he should be banned, maybe just suspended for a while

i have to say, Durial is being singled out too much... he admits tht he did most of the damage, fair enuf, but he also says tht otheres did it too!!

I myself would have loved to have the chance to wreak havoc among falador, killing all hu stood in my path (altho i wudnt have killed as quickly :) )

I'm sure most people would love to wreck havoc in falador, it would be too easy!

Ok, once more: the only reason Durial is being singled out is because he has a MOVIE and an INTERVIEW and he is TALKING ABOUT IT.

What I want to know is where are the other people that were wrecking havoc? At lest Durial is coming out and admitting it.[/code]

WFCrest.gif

By the way i was talking to jiggeryqua or sumin like that

If you like to annoy people who think that the best way to type is to use grammer and all that and find it really funny when they go in to detail about it over silly little things put this in your sig

this whole "maturity" thing is so freaking pointless, anyone that plays runescape would have done the exact same thing as durial did. He did wrong, i'll admit it, but being permanently banned from the game is a joke. People can only handle so much temptation, he reached his limit. And besides, its just a game.

So people saying that bug abuse is a bad thing to do, have you ever used cheats on another video game? Most people would say yes, because it makes the game more fun just to mess around for a little bit.

And this is getting rediculous with all the flaming, this is people opinion's no need to criticise like that. Sure you can say that you disagree, but calling someone immature because they would of had some fun on a video game is going too far.