The Falidore Massacre

TheRat

I can understand that he was having fun doing it. But here's what really happened, he went power hungry as soon as he found out about it. His soul was corrupted from the average 16-year-old nice guy soul, into a bloodthirsty demon that had a passion for death. God forgive his sins...... :cry:

EDIT: btw the red text is a metaphor

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many ppl blame him for being cruel or selfish, saying he has no self control is stupid too, obvisouly he wouldt kill people in real life, its a game!!! Games are meant to be fun, just because he "killed" people in a computer game doesnt make him bad.

Most people would of done what he did, went on a killing spree. "Now" that i think about it, i wouldnt because i know how it feels to be scammed and hacked. But if i was in his shoes at the time i probably would because an ability such as that is really exciting, you cant say "he should of thought about what he was doing, he's unable to control himself", because being able to kill defenseless people is fun (not in real life..)

If Durial thought about what he was doing, he probably wouldnt of done it. But he as (many people would be) was caught up in the excitement, feeling of power and the cheering of hundreds of people wishing they could do the same.

All im saying is, dont judge or hate durial because he made 1 mistake, more than 80% of people would of done the same.

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

A few questions have been directed at me so I'll double back and answer those to the best of my ability.

What you all must remember is, I dont know Durial. I am not Durial. Therefor i cannot speak on behalf of Durial, Explain he's actions, Or confirm past accusations, Because simply, I dont know.

I hunted Durial down the day of the massacre and spoke to him for the first time, And so far the last time, To get this interview.

I, As many of you should realise, A substancial ammount of the people that play RuneScape, Put in Durials shoes, Would have done something similer.

Im not saying ALL of you, or YOU reading this would have, But some people would have.

YES, Others wouldn't have, Due to not having a taste for pking, or just not having that slightly devilish nature.

There is one hell of allot to be considered on this issue and i beleive many of you are too busy saying "No i wouldnt have done it!", or exagerating the hell out of things. I even saw nazi's mentioned somewhere. (Mind you to the person who mentioned the Nazi's, Maybe you need to lay off the cocopops or coffee.)

I've gotten my fare share of abuse and accusation for asskissing in this too, And in that, There is also a few issues.

Although it is expected to get that from people due to them being human i spose is all i can say, I do feel the need to rebutt on it slightly.

YES. It is obvious that i complimented his Falador Massacre, But out of maybe 800 thousand players in the history of RS, Howmany others have such a notch on their belt.

In my 3 years 5 months of playing, I have NEVER seen something like this. And yes, Many pkers would have walked through fally or varrok after a bad day of pking and thought "If only....If only..."

As to my supporting of others being hurt or anything like that, There is none.

What i mean is i have no support for people being hurt emotionally or their items being taken. This however did occur, But in this instance, As in whats happend. Was that not unavoidable?, Sure if the massacre hadn't of happend, It would have been avoided, But then i wouldnt be typing this then either, Would I?

As far as the Green party hat being stolen goes, At the time the interview was conducted, I did not make the link that the Phat had been gained through the massacre, But did realise this later.

Knowing that at the time, Yes what i would have said would have been different.

In realising this later, I could have removed myself saying so, Although i didnt feel handing the public a cropped and editted interview beond reason was the right thing to do.

I beleive that now all i have to do is answer what Q's i find.

Birdboy wrote

"@ TheRat: I usually am a very WELL MANNERED person, and I never flame ANYBODY.

But you seemed to TAKE SIDES W/ HIM Exclamation "

Conditionally, Meaning taking all the aspects of the event to heart that have been PROVEN too me, Yes, I did.

Im greatly sorry i didnt make you happy by taking your side....No honoustly.

:roll:

The Real Gte Wrote

"Therat, would you still hope he isn't banned if it had been your phat?"

Funny thing about that Gte...He didnt take my Phat, So frankly, I dont know.

Minoture Wrote

"Ok, I've been hearing differant things from differant people, some say he was able to kill without getting warned by a mod until his account was locked, others say he was repeatedly told to stop. TheRat, you talked to him, what's the REAL story."

To my knowledge, He wasnt told to stop what he was doing untill he reached edgville, After 1 hour of carnage, Where a Jmod contacted him, And he was disconnected.

He then logged in, Was unable to keep killing, And gave the Green Phat spoken about in this post and the interview to a friend to hold, And before more was done, Again disconnected.

When he tried to log in after that, Account locked.

Durial has now also been banned, As i beleive i've said somewhere.

theratom7.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

He massacred tons of people in a non pkilling area. He got warnings from the Jmods and the Pmods, after one warning I would have quit attacking people. Though it is a game, millions of people lost items worth 100million or more. This would have taken a truly long amount of time.

âââ¬ÃâAll im saying is, dont judge or hate durial because he made 1 mistake, more than 80% of people would of done the same.âââ¬Ã

ipex7.png

As is your opinion and your intitled to it.

And wow..Im shocked...He massacred people?, I didnt realise while writing the interview and im sure no one else did while reading it.

Allot of the people who lost phats etc would have spent a substancial amount of time getting them, And i as im sure everyone else posting here is sympathetic to that matter.

theratom7.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Wow, I thought someone was joking me when I heard about this.

I feel really bad for all the people that lost their items. I know in the last couple days Ive gotten tons of lvls and new armor, but I'd trade it away to know they got their stuff back. Maybe I'm just weird. It may just be pixels, but thoes people obviously worked hard for the things they had. They are paying customers and shouldnt have to deal with consequences of someone elses lack of self control and in game bugs. ( and yeah, they shouldnt have to deal with losing two days work, but *shrug* )

As far as most of rs doing it or not doing it, we all have our own reasons why we would or would not. Some people have more to lose than others, and some have less morals than they should. The p mods did all the could in a tough situation. I hope some at least escaped with their advice.

I'll agree, he sounds like a typical teenager. Doesn't make any of it justifiable. The punishment is not as severe as I would have wanted were I to have lost my favorite things in such a manner. Not like they could do more, though.

defense.gifattack.gif

0487908a226f010f311c94a3e13c7155.jpg[/url]

I would like to note, before I begin, that I am not singling out Durial. This applies to anyone who did the same. For the sake of convenience, I will refer to them as the PKers.

I would also like to say that I was in no way actually involved with the events.

First, let's look at this from a point of view that completely disregards any moral dilemmas you might have carrying out these actions:

You get booted from a house and realize that you can PK. Your first gut reaction may be "Cool!! I can kill stuff," but then you think "Wait a sec. This isn't right." Again, not in the moral sense, but as if in a dream, suddenly realizing "Hey, I'm taking a test in my underwear using a largemouth bass as a writing utensil. This isn't right." sort of way. At that point you would be taken out of the "Oooh, this is cool" euphoria, and realize that there is a bug. Jagex has made it perfectly clear that anyone knowingly using a bug to their advantage WILL get banned. Personally, this knowledge alone would be enough to stop me from attacking even one more person. I have invested too much time and money ($5 every month when I can afford it) to throw it all away for a quick thrill.

Assuming that this did not stop you, consider this. I counted at least FIVE mods on the video. Of course, this is only counting those that were close and where talking. If there is more than one mod in any one place at one time, that's enough for me to take notice. And, anyone with half a mind is smart enough to realize that when someone with authority in a game tells you to do something, you do it. Unless, of course, their demand is wildly unreasonable, or you have reason to believe they aren't who they appear to be. Neither of which was the case here. I realize some would dispute the player mods "authority," but they do have Jagex's ear and a word from even one of them can go a long way. Although, at this point, the PKers may have realized they were getting banned, no matter what, and decided to go out "with a bang."

Second, there are a lot of people saying "OMG, it's just a GAME!!34539821111!!!," and I realize this. But, there is a difference between sneaking an extra house onto your property in monopoly and taking away items that people have worked long and hard to get and PAID for the opportunity to do so. In real life, if you worked hard at something and won an award (say a trophy) for it, and I came into your house, somewhere where you believed it was safe, and smashed it into a thousand pieces, you would get mad. Of course you would, and you would be well justified in getting angry, and no one would question that what I did was wrong. "But," you say, "a real life trophy is different than a few pixels that represent an item." Ok, so people are angry about loosing a few pixels. You are angry about loosing a cheap piece of particle board with laminate and a crudely shaped piece of metal. And here is where we come to the point. It's not the pixels or the particle board that matters. It's what it symbolizes. Hours of hard work trying to attain a goal and Finlay reaching it. THAT is what has been taken away. *

Things are different in the wilderness. People know that it is dangerous. If I PK someone with a phat in the wilderness, I would keep it (and sell it.) It was there own fault for going into the wilderness with it on in the first place. When I go into the wilderness, I do not wear my rarest armor, wield my rarest weapon, or drag along my rarest items. I make sure that I have no more than three items that I wouldn't want to loose. Usually, I go with only my trusty boots of lightness and tools such as a knife or pick that I can easily replace. But in Fallador, I know I am safe. I do not worry about loosing anything there because I know no players can attack me, and any NPCs are too weak to kill me.

*Let me say also at this point that while writing the above paragraph, I was completely disregarding phats. I was referring only to items you get from long, difficult tasks or fighting particularly hard NPCs. I personally do not care if I ever get a phat. I do not intend to buy one. If someone gives me one for free :roll: or if I find one lying in the wilderness after someone has been killed I will take it, unless I know who it belonged to, in which case I would do my best to return it. I have other ways of making money. I don't need to sell other people's hard work. If I ever get one I would almost immediately try to sell it (below the normal asking price. I'm a nice guy.)

To those who say, "No one would ever just give back a phat." I've done it before. I have also returned a full set of rune armor, a Dlong, and 2 glory ammys. Don't say no one or everyone would do something just because you would or wouldn't.

6742.png

7with4.jpg

Xiled_Z, Thats what this whole damn post has been about...How about directing a question to something more exact about it all, eg.

How do i feel about his bannings?

Did i know any victims?

How do i feel for them? etc.

And please...No hyperthetical stuff, Within reason.

theratom7.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Vaughn, Not a fair comment.

Although this may be seen as critical from some, People of different ages, Sexes, and different likings of parts of the game may well not of done the same thing.

Although it is a fair comment that there is a substancial amount of people that feel they would have.

theratom7.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

you'd still be laughing what ever they called, though, eh?--didnt understand that. and its a bit over the top to call somthing in an internet game a massacre. just because killing people on runescape an internet game, where your not suppose to doesn't make it not mature, if you think then you take runescape a bit too seriouse

Excuse me, I missed out the word 'it', as in "You'd still be laughing whatever they called it" - whether they called it a massacre or not, I imagine you'd be laughing with durial and at all those people (yes, actual people) who'd put actual hours of actual effort into characters who mean something to them.

I was trying to point out that you happily used the word 'kill' to refer to the destruction of pixels. If you don't think the idea of 'killing' pixels is laughable, how can you argue with the use of the word 'massacre' for the senseless mass killing we're discussing?

Oh, and I judged you as immature on two counts: 1) you support durial's actions, despite the fact that he clearly broke the rules of the game in order to have 'fun' at the direct expense of others [maturity involves a reduction of that childish egocentricity and an increased empathy with others] and 2) you can't compose a coherent sentence or use punctuation effectively [that's egocentricity and an inabiity to see your communication from another's POV = immaturity]

I may well take RS too seriously - it does seem to have that effect on people, generally - but what I'm taking seriously here is the behaviour of the real people in the real world who engaged in that 'massacre', who were victims of it, who have discussed it, condemned it or condoned it. I do take things seriously - that's the curse of maturity, I expect...

get a life...

To all you people saying "OMG I wouldn't have done that", you are bare faced liars. Simple as that.

Lol, I woulda maybe killed some lvl 40's at Varrock for begging and saying "0mgz3rz ubr haxx! u cn7 a7tak ppl 0ut5id uv da w1ldyn3ss!", but that's it, not 40+ people... Burn in hell noobs! Burn in hell!

To all you people saying "OMG I wouldn't have done that", you are bare faced liars. Simple as that.

Lol, I woulda maybe killed some lvl 40's at Varrock for begging and saying "0mgz3rz ubr haxx! u cn7 a7tak ppl 0ut5id uv da w1ldyn3ss!", but that's it, not 40+ people... Burn in hell noobs! Burn in hell! :P

you'd still be laughing what ever they called, though, eh?--didnt understand that. and its a bit over the top to call somthing in an internet game a massacre. just because killing people on runescape an internet game, where your not suppose to doesn't make it not mature, if you think then you take runescape a bit too seriouse

Excuse me, I missed out the word 'it', as in "You'd still be laughing whatever they called it" - whether they called it a massacre or not, I imagine you'd be laughing with durial and at all those people (yes, actual people) who'd put actual hours of actual effort into characters who mean something to them.

I was trying to point out that you happily used the word 'kill' to refer to the destruction of pixels. If you don't think the idea of 'killing' pixels is laughable, how can you argue with the use of the word 'massacre' for the senseless mass killing we're discussing?

Oh, and I judged you as immature on two counts: 1) you support durial's actions, despite the fact that he clearly broke the rules of the game in order to have 'fun' at the direct expense of others [maturity involves a reduction of that childish egocentricity and an increased empathy with others] and 2) you can't compose a coherent sentence or use punctuation effectively [that's egocentricity and an inabiity to see your communication from another's POV = immaturity]

I may well take RS too seriously - it does seem to have that effect on people, generally - but what I'm taking seriously here is the behaviour of the real people in the real world who engaged in that 'massacre', who were victims of it, who have discussed it, condemned it or condoned it. I do take things seriously - that's the curse of maturity, I expect...

get a life...

LOL - you had to go back some to dig that up...you're a friend of bolshan's, I take it? What a shame your response merely supports my point about immaturity. For what it's worth, I have a life - which is probably why I don't have a phat and wouldn't go on a bug rampage. I certainly have more life experience than most of the posters on this thread - there's that maturity issue again...

I work as a life skills tutor for adults with severe learning difficulties - and I'd rather spend time with them than with any of the lowlife scum who have applauded or excused the 'massacre'.

Now, if you feel the need to respond to this post, please try to spare more than a millisecond of thought and come up with an argument, some points to ponder, some ideas - or argue coherently with mine. If all you can manage is witless insults, then may I recommend you set out to improve the quality of whatever life you have.

jiggeryqua.png

lol, i have played rs since 01 and never seen such funny stuff

that is simply magical. true, pure, gorgeous magic.

on the 6.6.06 runescape has what is basically, and rs apocolypse

people blame durial. i say he did the right thing. good on him.

the video was hilarious. the music. perfect. the people that lost things?

idiots.

there is a button. called log out. pres it when you see people killing other people in falador.

or, take of your p hat. or guthans. or whatever.

but why run north? why not go to a pub or house or shieldshop and run upstairs.

and also ask yourself, what the chances of this happening are.

1000/1?

1000000/1

the chances of this hapening on 6.6.06?

exactly. i am not some conspiracy nut. but. deliberate glitch?

And if you do all you can, that's all you can ever do. - Warren Rudman

But men are men; the best sometimes forget. - William Shakespeare

6bveg5y.jpg

he obviosly had no heart, if i was able to attack outside wild, i would go around killing all the macroers, even at the risk of getting a ban. i feel sorry for the guy that lost his green phat, it was horrible and it just seemed really rude too, to just put it on like nothing happened. From what i saw, he also killed another guy that had a yellow phat but someone else picked it up before him. He showed no respect, i can imagen spending all that time to be able to buy a phat, only to lose it to some jerk that happened to find a glitch and he happen to take away hours of hard work without even trying.

lol, i have played rs since 01 and never seen such funny stuff

that is simply magical. true, pure, gorgeous magic.

on the 6.6.06 runescape has what is basically, and rs apocolypse

people blame durial. i say he did the right thing. good on him.

the video was hilarious. the music. perfect. the people that lost things?

idiots.

there is a button. called log out. pres it when you see people killing other people in falador.

or, take of your p hat. or guthans. or whatever.

but why run north? why not go to a pub or house or shieldshop and run upstairs.

and also ask yourself, what the chances of this happening are.

1000/1?

1000000/1

the chances of this hapening on 6.6.06?

exactly. i am not some conspiracy nut. but. deliberate glitch?

ok its not entirely the players fault that they lost stuff. For example, the guy that lost his green party hat was one of the very first victoms and didnt realize wat was goin on, and after they got attacked, they couldnt log out and he usually killed them in 3-5 hits so running was pointless. I do agree that the people following him that lost stuff were very foolish though. And how did he do the right thing??? Having fun at the expense of others is WRONG!!!