The Doomsday Massacre

Hobgoblin11

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say that Durial, if not a legend, is legendary. What he did was incredible (but not the "incredible" of the nice, good, happy variety :wink: ) What he did will probably be remembered for as long as Runescape exists, but that doesn't make it good (and for continuity, let's assume for the moment that there is no grey area here; just good and bad).

Scores of people will assume that the term "legend" automatically means that the person being called a legend is an overall good person - someone worthy of respect and high-standing, if you will. However, "legend" can also apply to the polar opposite. Ivan the Terrible is a legend. Hitler is too. So is Hurricane Katrina. I'm obviously not a legend.

I was thinking, that although we all know exactly what took place with the World 111 Incident, as I'll call it, it will no doubt become like Durial: a legend. You have urban legends and tall tales, and I'm thinking that the incident will probably follow the same path as these. It will be cool to see what people believe about the incident in, oh, two or three years :P .

I wonder if someone well informed can make this into a masterpiece for the Varrock Library :P .

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

there is no mention of durial in the king james version of the bible, and since that's the one that all other bibles come from, then there shouldn't be any mention of Durial in any other bible. If there is, it's an addition that should not be there.

Always selling amulets of strength 3k ea

Durial is not the biblical angel of death. If he was, he'd be in the index of the New World version and in the Bible dictionary. It's just a really creative name.

"People are idiots. Some just like to say they reported you to see your reaction, others are just spastic losers that believe everything is reportable, and others got banned and end up reporting everyone because they are mentally disturbed"

hes only a legend if you make him one, to me hes just an average rule breaker.

You know who he is, you know what he did, and you participated in a thread to try and discredit his legendary status. Scroll back two pages to where I gave the formal definitino of a legend, according to a dictionary, not me, and then rethink what you posted.

Always selling amulets of strength 3k ea

The link has been posted here - look for it.

There is also a topic which is floating around - 'Durial attacks Runescape - fo sure!!!' Go and have a look for it, it is in General.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

I'd have to say that Durial, if not a legend, is legendary. What he did was incredible (but not the "incredible" of the nice, good, happy variety :wink: ) What he did will probably be remembered for as long as Runescape exists, but that doesn't make it good (and for continuity, let's assume for the moment that there is no grey area here; just good and bad).

Scores of people will assume that the term "legend" automatically means that the person being called a legend is an overall good person - someone worthy of respect and high-standing, if you will. However, "legend" can also apply to the polar opposite. Ivan the Terrible is a legend. Hitler is too. So is Hurricane Katrina. I'm obviously not a legend.

I was thinking, that although we all know exactly what took place with the World 111 Incident, as I'll call it, it will no doubt become like Durial: a legend. You have urban legends and tall tales, and I'm thinking that the incident will probably follow the same path as these. It will be cool to see what people believe about the incident in, oh, two or three years :P .

I wonder if someone well informed can make this into a masterpiece for the Varrock Library :P .

Wow, all my life i believed that a Runescape legend is who completed the Legends Quets!!!! LOL ROLF XD :shock: :lol:

/\

/\ l_l

/ \ l l

/ \ l l

/\-------------/\

l lFALADOR l l

L.....................l

+

/////

l . . )

l 7_

l .__. )

L____l

DURIAL

-

:boohoo: <<< ME

+

:shock: <<<<<< THOU

=

OH NOES! DURIAL'ED!

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!