The Doomsday Massacre

Hobgoblin11

I agree with a few people here, that I wouldn't of done the same as Durial did - whatever the amount of "fr33 st00fs" I would of obtained, I value my RS account too much to risk being banned over a bug as serious as this was.

Anyway, he got banned and that's what he deserved.

Oo look, to go with all these videos of the events, there's a new game out aswell!

gtasanfally.jpg

Ok, so I was bored training attack. :(

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awsome crackfox04! :lol:

yeah he should have been banned but im pretty sure most people would have done the same in his situation its just a pity jagex missed the glitch, this never should have happened :cry:

ok lets get it straight day of the devil... what are u like 5!!! devils number is 666 not 662006!! jees its all a load of bull sh*t and if the world is gona end on 66 then it would have happened about 1500 years ago if the devil was gona come -.-. Now thats enough of dat back to the topic though the guy is a LEGEND lol he made rares sky rocket and although what he did was moraly rong and jagex didnt like it u must admit it must have been halarious to watch all the froobs high lvl get pked and not be able to do anything! However we must all pay the concequences for our action and he knew he was goin to get banned the second he ataked some1 lol.. o well hes a leg for annoying jagex and teachin u that no1 is safe! i will spread his name on to millions..

o ye the edit it i would not have done da same thing coz i dont wana be banned but he has serious guts to sacrifice his acount :D

OK, you clearly didn't read my further post:

To anyone who has, or is intending on posting something to the effect of 'OMG dude, like, it aint in real life' - don't bother. I know it isn't in real life, and believe it or not, I can determine the difference between reality and online gaming. As I said above, it is creative writing, based on fact.

If your creative writing skills are any better, then feel free to write a piece and showcase your astounding grasp of the English language.

The guy is definitely not a legend. What he did helps no-one, but devastates a few. The rares market did not 'sky rocket', as there was an insignificant amount of rares that were removed from the game. Whilst insignificant to the economy, it was most definitely significant to those who lost the rares. Annoying Jagex makes no-one a legend, it is just immature and ridiculous. I'm sorry, but it is people like you who make posts like this, that actually encourage people to take advantage of bugs when they find them, in the hope of being seen as an instant legend. There is no such thing. This guy is scum, with no will-power or regard for the feelings of others. Surely you cannot claim that, at no point during his hour of 'glory' (term used loosely), he didn't think to himself, 'Wait, this is grossly unfair, and I'm going to be banned'.

What he did was selfish. No question about it. Pure greed

Lol, nice picture crackfox

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

Hobgoblin11

I loved this topic.

You should go into writing books.

To all that think Durial is a legend you are sorely mistaken.

If I were in that situation, I would log out and report the bug to jagex.

i r tink tht a11 ppl shud use g00d gr@m3r since g00d gr@m3r is ftw.

why does everyone fantisize about numbers?

666= the beast, not the devil... look it up on google, it does have some relations to "teh devil" but i for one, don't believe in higher powers.

420... just another worthless day that some pot heads decide to call "pot smoking day" and all the posers in the world say "lyke p0mfg0rz! lets say we smoke to look cool!!"

69... dumb number great position... =p

anyone wish to add numbers to my post? say them and i will say how dumb the world really is

do you beLIEve in higher powers?

now the proud owner of a fire cape as of

~~~~~~~~July 16, 2006~~~~~~~~

~~SOMONE DROPPED MY FIRE CAPE~~ 883092.gif

well he did one thing good...made all the prices rise :o

but this doesn't mean i like what he did...But it's mostly capatalistic instinct that is grown into our society of getting richer and rich and destroy the oppostion...

Ironically that it happend on 6 :twisted: 6 :twisted: 6 :twisted:

If this day wouldn't be remembered it would be a shame.

Necrossigv3.jpg

im doomsavenger my username in game is evil wisp and i wass going to the party when i saw people apearing in front of portal and then some people beginning to attack others. i saw one person died and dropped something but the killer i believe was killed by durial i added the person who died to my friends list and picked up what they dropped. It was around 10 million. I have not been playing for very long and i had never had this amount of money before, but after thinking for a few minutes..(running into a friends house who hid there aswell) i decided to give it back to the person who lost it. i went to a bank and deposited it and told the guy to meet me in a different world ( i had already switched) he met me and igave him his monry back. what would you have done in my situation?

also i found a video of what happened cuz i logged out if anyone wants it i can post the url

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I consider durial a legend. He beat the system and he was "god" for about 30 minutes. If i was on at that time i would join him and kill some innocent souls too. I don't think he really cares that he got banned. He probably had the best time possible in runescape. Anyways he won my respect. And what makes those people that play 16 hours a day like novalyfe and zezima legends??????

Lol

To those people who said I should go into writing books - no, believe me, I shouldn't! I hate writing serious stuff, and I am really bad at writing! I hate English language and English Lit, so I dropped both of them at AS level! I really only write stuff like this for fun, and because I enjoy it. It is really the only kind of writing I enjoy. But thanks for the compliments anyway :P

Gotta love Wikipedia :)

666 is an abundant number. It is the sum of the squares of the first seven prime numbers.

Since 36 is both square and triangular, 666 is the sixth number of the form n2(n2 + 1) / 2 (triangular squares) and the eighth number of the form n(n + 1)(n2 + n + 2) / 8 (doubly triangular numbers.)

There is no number whose value of Euler's totient function φ is 666, making it a nontotient.

The harmonic mean of the digits of 666 is an integer: 3/(1/6 + 1/6 + 1/6) = 6, making 666 the 54th number with this property.

In base 10, 666 is a palindromic number, a repdigit and a Smith number. A prime reciprocal magic square based on 1/149 in base 10 has a magic total of 666.

The Roman numeral representation of the number 666 (DCLXVI) uses once each the Roman numeral symbols with values under 1,000, and they occur in exact reverse order of their respective values (D = 500, C = 100, L = 50, X = 10, V = 5, I = 1).

Damn you zerbs, it looks like you are right!

666 is commonly known as the Number of the Beast in Book of Revelation chapter 13, verses 17-18.

The rest of this page can be found here

EDIT: Fixed link

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

uh u realise that zezima is in college and it would be impossible to be on 16 hours a day?

I know he is taking it easy now and playing less too much xp away from the next guy. Back in RSC and the first few years of rs2, he no lifed a lot.

I hadn't heard anything about this massacre incident before checking out Tip.it today. After reading the interview, the Jagex response and the various postings about it, I think the whole thing is despicable. Also, while TheRat professes dismay as to why people are criticizing him for the interview, he clearly glorified the incident, and he deserves criticism for doing so.

This incident does not compare to the Party Hat incident since it was not instigated maliciously by trying to break into the RS interface to cheat at the game. Nevertheless it is an example of exploiting a bug, and doing so in the most despicable way by preying on hapless players who could do little to defend themselves and avoid losing the fruits of their labors.

The video of the incident was particularly disgusting, with its chaos music and the air of panic that was palpable in the crowd.

I hope everyone involved is banned, and I think TheRat should be vilified for glorifying a cheat and a thief. Disgusting! :evil:

lambspeak.png

Durial isn't a legend nor should be critisized. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Besides when you get near god abilities you don't think about other things. I truly believe that it's Jagex who deserves the blame.

Like forum text games much?

um... from... MARS, yes, in the third county from the... left.

PmodAuto.jpg

TimeStopper

jagex would deserve the blame, if they didnt have the bug abuse rule,they have covereed their backs well and based on the rules they had set well in advance of this incedent are well within their rights to ban the people involved

I would absolutely not have done the same. I know the rule about bug abuse and I would not have my account banned for just having fun for an hour.
\

i would have attacked the pmods....... and any player with any visible rare items... after that i wouldve given them to some low lvl players

i dont know why but i would have done the same thing, its a game.. so what. and if i would have the possibility to abuse it like that i i would.

and honestly... whoever got killed and lost items, why not just run..

i guess its good that ill never get in that position... maybe because i dont play that often anymore?