The Doomsday Massacre

Hobgoblin11

ok. Durial did wrong but i have read it happened in other worlds as well. 111 was the worst hit. is it fair to let durial wear all the blame? what about the other worlds do the people get away with it. i say ban 1 ban all. I wish durial all the best. If he is able to restart i would like to talk to him.

Duri you are missed and will never be forgotten.

will Jagex ever take some blame for this or is it easier to let their players wear all the blame?

Jagex without paying players where will your business be?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what ever jagex does as punishment will be fair. Personally i think he was stupid using his main account and doing it. I would of had fun with the bug like he did, but would of used different account and set up ppl to drop stuff off with. I do hope he gets his stuff back thou, don't blame him for using the bug. Just feel srry for all those ppl that lost that stuff to noobs picking it up.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

F2p ftw, been at it for 5+ years now, and still needing bank space

yes. 2 things. first of all, i beleive that any honest person that ain like a nerd or a goodie 2 shoes would have taken advantage of the bug but used it a little more smartly.....as the person above said, he shudnt have used his main. or at least transfered the stuff to another acc.....and 2ndly i think that they should change the statue in the middle of fally sq. to one of durial321. or make a statue somewhere else. maybe in that 3 way intersection above fally that goes to dwarven mines and taverly. at least one some where. this guy will never be forgoten and will be every persons idol. noobs will come into the game and hear us talking about him and be like" why the heck wasnt i there! i wish i was durial! man he is my hero...maybe ill get to be like him with some other bug." the guys a friggin hero. acknowledge that. Jagex needs to stop covering it up and admit that they screwed up. it like a little sister to deny somtin that big...(no offense to little sisters on here)....

GO DURIAL!!!!!!! i will always admire you.

F011@r 00

I know this is easy for me to say, considering I don't own - nor do I ever aspire to own - a party hat. However, instead of asking myself if I would have exploited the bug (which I probably wouldn't have, not out of fear of being banned, but because I'd sincerely feel guilty for the other players), I asked myself this: If I were one of the people standing around wearing a party hat in Falador without a care in the world when all the sudden someone came up and trounced me unexpectedly, would I be upset about my losses?

I might be a little surprised at first and wonder what was going on, but after reading all the articles here and seeing the hype that was caused by this event, I can honestly say I'd have appreciated the experience. In a few months/years I'll walk away from this game and everything in it. The only thing I'd be able to take with me are memories of the fun I had playing it. Frankly, being a witness to a bizarre day like yesterday would have been a lot more valuable to me than an in-game item.

Hey, I managed to get through that whole post without using the phrase, "just pixels!"

Oops... I just did.

I consider durial a legend. He beat the system and he was "god" for about 30 minutes. If i was on at that time i would join him and kill some innocent souls too. I don't think he really cares that he got banned. He probably had the best time possible in runescape. Anyways he won my respect. And what makes those people that play 16 hours a day like novalyfe and zezima legends??????

so a legend is somone who bug abuses? wow thats nice so all them people who bug abused in the past were legends? NOT

zezima and novalyfe are not legends they just got $ and play all day enuff said and zezima has been skill totaling since RSC

zezima and novalyfe are not legends they just got $ and play all day enuff said and zezima has been skill totaling since RSC

So, the difference between Zezima and say, The Old Nite, is what exactly? (Apart from obviously being different people - you know what I mean)

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

So, the difference between Zezima and say, The Old Nite, is what exactly? (Apart from obviously being different people - you know what I mean)

i dont consider the old nite a legend he had no respect in the wilderness

So, who exactly do you consider a legend.

And by the way, when you are in the wilderness, most people are there to kill each other. I don't see how that is exactly respecting each other...

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

The video of the incident was particularly disgusting, with its chaos music and the air of panic that was palpable in the crowd.

:evil:

Yeah, it was horrible. I heard someone hid in the celler to escape the slaughter. :cry:

Storm_Agent.png

So, who exactly do you consider a legend.

And by the way, when you are in the wilderness, most people are there to kill each other. I don't see how that is exactly respecting each other...

most legends in my eyes were PKers since i was a PKer

think back to 2002-2003 the top PKers then i consider most them legends

he is not a legend for pking peole in the non wildy. it was crazy and cool at the same time. haha he will still be remembered. :lol:

Jagex normally doesnt permanently ban people for Bug abuse.

Retired 2/28/08

16 Level 99 Stats

2,270 Skill Total

he is not a legend for pking peole in the non wildy. it was crazy and cool at the same time. haha he will still be remembered. :lol:

bug abusing is cool? what the hell are you talking about

its lame :roll:

I'm glad i quit runescape, because its totally ruined now :cry: Jagex are half assed lazy *s and if they dont check for bugs, i doubt people will actually enjoy the game... And then theres the people who think hes cool.. WTF?!?

Jagex suck, ive lost all hope in them :evil:

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

I'm glad i quit runescape, because its totally ruined now :cry: Jagex are half assed lazy *s and if they dont check for bugs,

If you are not playing how would you know? The new construction skill was a huge update. You can't expect it to be perfect the first time.

As for the bug abuser. In my opinion he got what he deserved. I applaud Jagex for banning him.

mcguff1.png

hmm yes people will think of darius as the lucifer of runescape...

man that must have been madness!

i had a bug like that but on f2p where i died and when i was in lumbridge

it showed i was still in the wild with the skull but it woulnt let me kill people ... hehe that would be cool :lol:

Dr_Brinner.png

I think it's sad that Jagex spent months working on a new update only to have it tarnished by this event, an event that will live forever in RS history. I know I always get a shiver whenever I'm in Fally now, as if the ghosts of those slain are still wandering around looking for their missing party hats :cry:

Storm_Agent.png

I'm glad i quit runescape, because its totally ruined now :cry: Jagex are half assed lazy *s

you obviously have never even tried or seen how computer programmers produce their software, (or not in jagex's case)

Doomsday: adaptation of 'Domesday' of the fabled domesday book. An ancient record made in the time of William the Conqueror, and now remaining in the English exchequer, consisting of two volumes of unequal sizes, containing surveys of the lands in England.

not to be confused with...

Judgement Day: (New Testament) day of the Last Judgment when God will decree the fates of all men according to the good and evil of their earthly lives.

Jamie your name will never catch on! MUAHAHAHA :twisted:

:o you got the wrong day too!

666 (Six hundred sixty-six in American English, Six hundred and sixty-six elsewhere) is the Number of the Beast in most versions of the Christian Bible, in the Book of Revelation. In 2005, an early fragment of papyrus was revealed that gives the Number of the Beast as 616. However, other early witnesses, such as Irenaeus, dispute the reading "616." 666 remains the most widely recognized number

sources = wikipedia...

YOU MONGOOSE!

If I were a woman, I'd ask you to have my children.