The Doomsday Massacre

Hobgoblin11

ughh i just watched the video of it...it pissed me off...all those ppl dying, and those dam bstards laughing!! :x

i'm freakin pissed off right now

jagex needs to do a roll back and give those ppl there items back

it just pissed me off watching that video :x

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ughh i just watched the video of it...it pissed me off...all those ppl dying, and those dam bstards laughing!! :x

i'm freakin pissed off right now

jagex needs to do a roll back and give those ppl there items back

it just pissed me off watching that video :x

Yep - I was shocked when I saw it too. There was something really weird about seeing people getting slain in Fally, as they went about their everyday business.

Storm_Agent.png

i think dureal is legend and that there should be somekind of system for killing other players outside wildy, like small battles. mabey have a little tab like walk/run to switch on attack mode or off

Barrows drops: Torags pl8, Torgas legs, Guthans chainskirt

i think dureal is legend and that there should be somekind of system for killing other players outside wildy, like small battles. mabey have a little tab like walk/run to switch on attack mode or off

It's called the dual arena...

i missed all of this and im kinda happy about that but i have 1 questoin. has any1 else tried to remake this glitch.

Jagex has removed this bug now. If you do manage to reproduce this bug, be prepared to be banned.

there is a glitch with the srvent thing.... rick... itold him to make me some tea, but instead he left the house and brought me 6 oak planks.....

Wierd. Thereare still lots of small bugs that they haven't stamped out yet, but they are obviously working on it, as they have removed a couple of the ones I reported. Report this bug and see if it gets fixed :wink:

And Mike, shut yer face, yer gunna get a slap tomorrow for that post!

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

I, personally, have alot of respect for this massacre and for Durial. I believe he does need to be recognized, for no one else would have been intelligent enough to pull it off.

Durial did exactly what anyone else would have. It's human nature to be powerful. He was God for an hour, anyone and everyone wants that.

As for the 6.6.6 thing, that is merely coincidence. I could have happened on ANY day, if people realized the glitch. I believe this is an important event in Runescape history. It shows what a handful of people can do. That, with power, you can make a difference.

I think that the previous poster is an idiot.

Durial should have realized that he should not have killed innocents.

And then he gave a phat to his friend that he got through a glitch.

Perhaps respect is not what you should be associating with durial right now.

He got himself banned because of abusing a glitch so how is he intelligent?

I do agree that the 666 thing is a coincidence.

i r tink tht a11 ppl shud use g00d gr@m3r since g00d gr@m3r is ftw.

i think it was only important because of the irony of it, 6\6\06, otherwise it would just be another big bug. you shouldnt become a legend for killing innocent people, much less becoming a legend for abusing a bug

pker683.png

he has a phat just cause he is a p mod, now shut up about it
you're right, it's like giving candy to a fat kid and punch him when he eats it

those who think durial321 is a legend need to get a life, you're praising to some kid for bug abuse.

also his name is Durial321 not "dureal", and learn to spell check..

Did anyone affected by the bug try to stop the PKers instead of clobbering bystanders?

i think if they tried that they would had been killed by the majority.

Wondering what to do with life .....

Ok, Durial is not a Ledgend, and he's not a genius either... HE'S JUST SOOOOO FRIKEN LUCKY!!!!! MAN, I WOULD HAVE BEEN THE NOOB OF DEATH!!!!! :twisted: (Being lvl 62 and all) But still, I don't think that they should ban him, he was going to give back all the stuff that he anyway! But man... I wish I was in the fencing ring at the time... I still feel sorry for everyone who was PKed, but I asked myself, why didn't they just log off and go to another world???

I may not be the best at Runescape, but, I'm getting there.

why didn't they just log off and go to another world???

Its human nature to be curious, I wouldn't have left a once in a lifetime event like that in a million years, and the people that were pk'd probly didn't know what was going on at first seeing as it is in a safe zone out of the wildy.

Whether you look at Durial as a legend or a bug abusing kid, He will be remembered forever for what he did.

~~Proud Member of The Supreme Skillers~~

bigdawgtt.png

silverandblackfinishvr8.gif

the fact that there is a thread all about durial321 is enough proof that he is a legend. being a legend doesn't mean you did something good, or even something bad, it means you did something legendary, something that will be remembered for along time, kinda like this.

Secondly, Jagex should not have banned him for their own stupidity. I am a software developper and I test all my software before I approve it. if Jagex was too lazy to do the same, or even if they did and didn't even fathom this as a possibility, it's still their fault it happened, durial was just the messenger, and as the saying goes, don't shoot the messenger.

Also, when you're being damaged, and you don't want to be damaged, or you don't know what's going on, do you stand there and let it happen, or do you run away? What kind of a noob wears a phat then stands there and gets killed, i mean honestly.... idiots.

Always selling amulets of strength 3k ea

I believe he does need to be recognized, for no one else would have been intelligent enough to pull it off.

Well, I read that and thought, oh no, not another feral child loose in the RS world - at least he didn't say "Anyone else would have done that"...

Durial did exactly what anyone else would have.

Which is it to be? No-one else could have done it, or everyone else would have done it? Or option c) None of the above?

There's a disturbing tendency to blame the victims too - I don't really venture into the wildy, but from what I read in here, running away from a PKer isn't a guarantee of escape. How many people carry an emergency tele when they're on R&R in a 'safe' city? If you're just taking damage in a crowd (and it was a lot of damage - ancient magic, yes?), how do you find your attacker? Which direction should you run? Perhaps they thought "well, this is clearly a bug, no doubt Jagex will recompense me for any loss"...

More importantly, this is a moral issue that has been raised and they cannot be settled by social democracy or dismissed by personal preference - we all exist within a moral framework, even if we choose immorality as a lifestyle, just as we exist within a gravitational field even when we fly in an aircraft. So, thank you for your opinions, but if they don't stand up as moral arguments they are not worth spouting.

jiggeryqua.png

Durial is the luckiest person ever!!

i would love to have the oppertunity to kill anyone i see, even if the risk was to get banned. this is one of the greatest thing to happen in rs, although it wouldhave been better if everyone could attack everyone, then the lvl 3s in phats would be mine!.

durial shouldn't be banned for a glitch, i reckon anyone who had this oppertunity would have done the same thing.

p.s. stupid jagex noobs runescape is boring without glitches.

"Miltank used milk drink"

whoever said 1000 years till the next one is wrong, its only 100 coz it will be 6/6/06 again in 100 years.

He should not be admired for what he did and i do not view him as a hero or legend for that matter, but, having said that, he will be remembered, maybe not for doing something good, but bad people have been remember for doing evil deeds, osama bin laden...saddam housan(incorrect spelling i think)...dr. death, blah blah blah, the list goes on

lol i think durial might be osamas rs account.

think about it.

Kills massive innocents, commits acts of terror, rounds up ppl to be part of the acts of terror, oh yeah, and getting utterly defeated by the governing body he just attacked.

just a thought :wink:

i r tink tht a11 ppl shud use g00d gr@m3r since g00d gr@m3r is ftw.

Just a thought, suppose Runescape puts up a new statue in Falador "In memory of the victims of the Great Massacre?"

And yes, it would be almost comic if it turned out some infamous terrorist/dictator/etc. had an account here.