The Doomsday Massacre

Hobgoblin11

lol i think durial might be osamas rs account.

think about it.

Kills massive innocents, commits acts of terror, rounds up ppl to be part of the acts of terror, oh yeah, and getting utterly defeated by the governing body he just attacked.

just a thought :wink:

Pity the governing body didnt utterly defeat Osama or Durial, since one is herding goats in the mountains and the other can just re-roll.

Glidden05, Pk Jamie, Who Da funk, Qyde

Im back! I pk dk all the noob

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i think durial might be osamas rs account.

think about it.

Kills massive innocents, commits acts of terror, rounds up ppl to be part of the acts of terror, oh yeah, and getting utterly defeated by the governing body he just attacked.

just a thought :wink:

Anyone else see the parallels between an MMORPG and 9/11? :|

Thought not.

the bottom line is that it really doesn't matter whether or not what durial did was/is moraly reprehensible. Jagex, the mighty Jagex, that censors us from typing the words Google, MSN.... etc... allowed this individual to commit these acts on unsuspecting citizens, then held him responsible for their own mistake.

Always selling amulets of strength 3k ea

jessica1603 wrote

ok let's clear this up.

he is NOT a Legend.

there is NO conspiracy theory

and who the hell managed to find a link between terrorism and the Falador Massacre? 9/11 was a tragedy for the world. not part of a MMORPG

1. That is obvious

2. Someone is saying that jagex purposely caused the bug

3. We r just kidding.

i r tink tht a11 ppl shud use g00d gr@m3r since g00d gr@m3r is ftw.

he is NOT a Legend.

You are very wrong. Lets review what it means to be a legend. Taken from websters.com, the definition of a legend is

Legend: One that inspires legends or achieves legendary fame.

and since we shouldn't use the same root word to define a word, we get the definition of legendary.

Legendary: Extremely well known; famous or renowned

Now I ask you, is Durial321 extremely well known, famous or renowned?

This thread is itself an answer. Thus by the definition of legend, he is one.

i agre with the guy above me.

this guy is very well known now. Seeing on how everyone was in 'aw' .

this would be alot better forum with pictures. i was told over 300 rares were lost. if you look around there is a video on this and a talk with durial.

mysig11sv5.png

to clarify, i do not believe that this individual deserves to be a legend, nor do i believe that he deserves to be banned, however both have become realities, and only one of those can be changed, which I personally believe Jagex should do, since it was their fault that this happened.

he is NOT a Legend.
Legendary: Extremely well known; famous or renowned

Now I ask you, is Durial321 extremely well known, famous or renowned?

This thread is itself an answer. Thus by the definition of legend, he is one.

Correct, he is well known. For all the wrong reasons. We don't go calling Osama Bin Laden a legend do we? Or how about someone who's been put in jail for life after killing 5 people and was all over the news so he's well known?

How many runescape players does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the bulb and the other 49 to complain about how it was better before.

THE MODS THERE ARE COMPLETE AND UTTER IDIOTS!

So why are you here?

Correct, he is well known. For all the wrong reasons. We don't go calling Osama Bin Laden a legend do we? Or how about someone who's been put in jail for life after killing 5 people and was all over the news so he's well known?

That's right but this is a bug in a game were talking about, not taking real lives. He IS a "legend" because he will forever be remembered for doing what many pkers dream of and taking full advantage of it. Also the fact that he's banned helps portray him as a "legend".

~~Proud Member of The Supreme Skillers~~

bigdawgtt.png

silverandblackfinishvr8.gif

That's right but this is a bug in a game were talking about, not taking real lives. He IS a "legend" because he will forever be remembered for doing what many pkers dream of and taking full advantage of it. Also the fact that he's banned helps portray him as a "legend".

Jeez lol you guys are acting like he's some sort of god. He's just some bug abuser who deserves nothing but to be banned. I guess you guys would use some illegal program that let's you kill people anywhere if it took your account away. But you'd have to find spare time to do it, because you're probably worshipping him most of the other time.

1 to change the bulb and the other 49 to complain about how it was better before.

So why are you here?

Jeez lol you guys are acting like he's some sort of god. He's just some bug abuser who deserves nothing but to be banned. I guess you guys would use some illegal program that let's you kill people anywhere if it took your account away. But you'd have to find spare time to do it, because you're probably worshipping him most of the other time.

Youd do the same if you could.....its hard to resist.....and yes he is a legend.....because no one elese will achieve this.........as for eveyone moaning about their lost itmes.........well its a game get over it

Youd do the same if you could.....its hard to resist.....and yes he is a legend.....because no one elese will achieve this.........as for eveyone moaning about their lost itmes.........well its a game get over it

Ya it's a game, why bother idolizing someone over it. Oh and I can quite happily say I wouldn't have attacked anyone. I've teled out of the wildy and stuff and it's still had the "Attack" option there (we've all probably heard of it, and know you can't attack anyone or anything) so if I got booted out of the house and it was still there I would've thought nothing of it and just went on with whatever I was doing.

So why are you here?

The 6th Day of the 6th Month of the 6th year of the new millennium. 06/06/06.

It's actually the 7th year of the new millennium:

1st 2000

2nd 2001

3rd 2002

4th 2003

5th 2004

6th 2005

7th 2006

:-w

Uula.png

The definition of legend varies though.

No it doesn't... definitions are definitions, that's how they're defined... an apple is an apple is an apple... yeah there's granny smith and golden delicious, but they're all subsets of apples. God is a legend, Satan is a legend, Zezima is a legend, King Arthur is a legend, and now Durial321 is a legend. They are all legends for different reasons, but that doesn't make them any less legendary.

The definition of legend varies though.

No it doesn't... definitions are definitions, that's how they're defined... an apple is an apple is an apple... yeah there's granny smith and golden delicious, but they're all subsets of apples. God is a legend, Satan is a legend, Zezima is a legend, King Arthur is a legend, and now Durial321 is a legend. They are all legends for different reasons, but that doesn't make them any less legendary.

Oh I'm catching on now. So Durial321 is a legend for being a total idiot? Got it :wink:

So why are you here?

Oh I'm catching on now. So Durial321 is a legend for being a total idiot? Got it Wink

Adolf Hitler is a legend for being a complete [bleep]... so yeah you don't have to do something good to be a legend, you just have to become well known. I'm not saying that I think what Durial did is right... or wrong, I'm actually quite indifferent, but you can't discredit what he's done just cuz you don't approve.