*Official* World Cup thread (Predict the World Cup Final 4)

Iantiger

France takes the win against Portugal.

Did anyone else see C. Ronaldo grab onto one of the French player's crotch? What was that about?

Ronaldo got booed the whole game :P

IMO the penalty kick was a good decision.

IMO Portugal fake to much.

1z2zrwo.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Henry dived, once again.

In the words of Carl Barat: "Oh, what did you expect?"

Anyway, France have crawled through, somehow. Zidane has really rolled back the years though. Pity Saha's out of the final, if Fifa had any heart or sense, that card would be rescinded.

Pity Saha's out of the final, if Fifa had any heart or sense, that card would be rescinded.

A two-footed lunge in a semi final? He shoud be suspended for stupidity as well as foul play.

^^ for sure. Saha shouldnt have done that, he unfortunatley got what he deserved.

Pity Saha's out of the final, if Fifa had any heart or sense, that card would be rescinded.

A two-footed lunge in a semi final? He shoud be suspended for stupidity as well as foul play.

Two footed? I'm pretty sure it wasn't that bad, but maybe I need to see a replay. Even so, its harsh to prevent a player from playing in WC final over two bookings.

Pretyy much what I expected. A france win.

Neither team were very impressive really.

If we are going by semi-final performances, Italy have got the cup in the bag.

sig2ho7.jpg

Hehe, me and my mate were laughing our heads off at the portuguese diving etc. so I was inspired to do this,

hahahahacopy3bt.jpg

:)

if you like that one you should check this one for sure:

bloodyrbsig5lh.gif

France vs Portugal was a little disapointing compared to the other semi final. Overall though France played better and deserved to win the game.

France versus Italy in the final, who realistically would have thought these two would make it this far? Not me anyway.

I think Italy might win the final judging by how they played against Germany but I want Zidane to pick up a winners medal in his final game, he's been such a great player over the years and in my opinion he deserves one last hurrah on the world stage.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I'm glad that Zidane has the oppertunity to end his career in style :-).

Yeah, I count on an impressive Henry ft. Zidane performance this Sunday. Let's hope the Italians don't go all catenaccio again.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

I'm glad that Zidane has the oppertunity to end his career in style :-).

Yeah, I count on an impressive Henry ft. Zidane performance this Sunday. Let's hope the Italians don't go all catenaccio again.

Funny, the French used the catenaccio style today. I hope they don't do it in the final.

Well I hope Italy manage to win on Sunday. I've never seen them lift it before (they last won it 2 years before I was born) and think that it would be good if we have a new(ish) winner. But really I wouldn't really mind if France got it, but I don't think they deserve it as much.

It's funny that Scotland will have to play the world champions and the runners up in our Euro 2008 qualifiers. Chance to be the true world champions again :P (we also have Ukraine(quarter finalists) in our group)

sig2ho7.jpg

I just watched the game...That makes 2 games Henry has taken a dive that has completely changed the game in his favor...But whatever...

Portugal outplayed France by soooo much...Ricardo (I think that's the Portuguese goalie), had almost nothing to deal with, he only just barely let in Zidanes penalty kick. Portugal had so many more chances, things just didn't go in their favour unfortunately. I wanted Portugal to win but I feared it might end up like it did.

Oh yea, and that booing of C. Ronaldo: highly unnecessary :\. He played pretty while dispite that though.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Yay....PORTUGAL IS OUT! \' \' :D :mrgreen: I loved how Ronaldo got Booed, he had it comming. The penalty was the right decision and Zidane stayed cool! France didn't play very well, but they never really got into much trouble, maybe one or two times.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Yay....PORTUGAL IS OUT! \' \' :D :mrgreen: I loved how Ronaldo got Booed, he had it comming. The penalty was the right decision and Zidane stayed cool! France didn't play very well, but they never really got into much trouble, maybe one or two times.

Spot on, personally I hope Man U play away at Anfield early in the season if Ronaldo is still a united player he could get alot of stick then, well I suppose it will teach him not to dive. tut tut :shame:

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Very nice, but where's the end product? Conveniently not shown.

I believe i can fill you in on what happened next:

ronaldo.gif

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.