WWE!

ndn3master

His own fate twisted

By Craig Tello

August 4, 2006

After spending three years combating his personal demons, a refocused and rehabilitated Jeff Hardy is prepared to return to the place where he began his career as a teenager.

WWE.com has learned that WWE officials have rehired former Superstar Jeff Hardy, more than three years after his release from the company. WWE.com has tried to contact Jeff about his rehiring for two days, but in typical fashion of the free-spirited Hardy, he has yet to return any of our calls.

For this unique athlete, it has been a turbulent, arduous road back to WWE. In 2003, just as Hardy began to make his ascent to the top of World Wrestling Entertainment, he came crashing down as a result of a poisonous drug dependency. He was plagued by an addiction to pain killers and methamphetamine (crystal meth), a highly addictive stimulant.

After showing up late for several WWE events and demonstrating a deterioration in his in-ring performance, HardyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s last match in WWE was on March 24, 2003. In May of that year, Hardy failed a drug test and after refusing to go into drug rehabilitation, he was subsequently fired from WWE.

In 1993, at the age of 16, Jeff and his brother Matt, 19, started working for WWE, wrestling against contracted WWE Superstars. It wasn't until 1998 that the brothers were given full-time WWE deals. That year, the Hardy Boyz almost instantly became top-tier contenders in the WWE Tag Team division.

Hardy Boyz vs. London & Kendrick in a TLC match, and all is well with the world ::'

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His own fate twisted

By Craig Tello

August 4, 2006

After spending three years combating his personal demons, a refocused and rehabilitated Jeff Hardy is prepared to return to the place where he began his career as a teenager.

WWE.com has learned that WWE officials have rehired former Superstar Jeff Hardy, more than three years after his release from the company. WWE.com has tried to contact Jeff about his rehiring for two days, but in typical fashion of the free-spirited Hardy, he has yet to return any of our calls.

For this unique athlete, it has been a turbulent, arduous road back to WWE. In 2003, just as Hardy began to make his ascent to the top of World Wrestling Entertainment, he came crashing down as a result of a poisonous drug dependency. He was plagued by an addiction to pain killers and methamphetamine (crystal meth), a highly addictive stimulant.

After showing up late for several WWE events and demonstrating a deterioration in his in-ring performance, HardyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s last match in WWE was on March 24, 2003. In May of that year, Hardy failed a drug test and after refusing to go into drug rehabilitation, he was subsequently fired from WWE.

In 1993, at the age of 16, Jeff and his brother Matt, 19, started working for WWE, wrestling against contracted WWE Superstars. It wasn't until 1998 that the brothers were given full-time WWE deals. That year, the Hardy Boyz almost instantly became top-tier contenders in the WWE Tag Team division.

Hardy Boyz vs. London & Kendrick in a TLC match, and all is well with the world ::'

Its about time! WWE's been lacking good tag teams.

812569705b20e3cf93654d3f5d8730e6.gif

Stunner is in the house! Make some noise please?

Another tag team debuted on SmackDown! tonight (although I guess it hasn't aired yet in some areas) and they've been hinting at a Sylvester Terkey + Elijah Burke tag team.

• 3 weeks later...
Hulk Hogan worked easy during his match against Randy Orton to prevent further aggravating his knee injury. The reason that the bout aired early in the card is because Hogan obviously had a say in the finish and is why he was victorious.

I'm outraged at the Summerslam result and more outraged with Hogan's ego.

a 60s year old beating a 20s year old wrestler? Thats a huge [cabbage] there.

When did Hogan work a match where he won't win? Can't he just give up winning? Its better than giving up the daughter :roll:

I really hope Hogan doesn't come back to WWE after this. I'm sick of him.

Due to personal issues, Kurt Angle has been granted an early release from his contract. WWE looks forward to establishing a new relationship with Kurt in the near future.

The only Olympic gold medalist in WWE history, Kurt Angle arrived in 1999 and quickly became one of the most decorated champions in sports-entertainment history. "The Wrestling Machine" is not only a six-time World Champion, but also held the Intercontinental Championship and WWE Tag Team Championship; he also won the 2000 King of the Ring tournament. Recently joining ECW, AngleÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s unmatched intensity was rivaled only by his technical and athletic in-ring prowess.

That sucks but he needs time off.

It's for his own good really, he's wrestling himself to death. He'll be back in a few months, 40 pounds lighter and healthier and better than ever.

It's for his own good really, he's wrestling himself to death. He'll be back in a few months, 40 pounds lighter and healthier and better than ever.

I agree. Hes injured but claims hes not.

I respect his enthusiasm but he needs to take a break or retire. sadly... :(

i havnt seen much wrestling coz i never had foxtel and my dad got it just the other week but from wat ive seen (from hired videos, at friends houses) and the past few days i seen it at my dads my fav wretlers r

1: matt hardy/jeff hardy well i only seen them in together

2: john cena

3: the rock

i hate

1: that old guy McMahon or wateva (fought his son who i went for , and son won yay)

2: edge (god fighter tho)

3: undertaker

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

Did you guys see what Vicki Guerro did? :shock: :-X

I'm pissed off that WWE is still using Eddie for their storyline. Can't they just let him rest in peace?

I guess she needs the money... I wish they would use Mysterio for something else though, maybe a cruiserweight championship run. Everybody knows he's the best they got in that weight division.

wwe was good up until around the time when there was pretty much no other champion except triple h for a really really long time. I watched wwe until about 5 months ago. I just got tired of it. I tried to start back a few weeks ago but I couldn't. Its ruined forever.

DinoSAUR!!! Flying through la-ZERS!!!! Pchu! Pchuu! (Try running around in wal mart or something screaming this)

Eddie Guerrero died of a heart attack that was caused by long term drug abuse and the stress of constant high-level performance. (He had been clean for 4 years, but it still caught up with him).

As for Triple H, his attitude really improved over the last two years. He even put over talentless guys like John Cena and Batista, and he willingly stepped down from the race for any titles to reform DX.

http://url131.imageshack.us/url131/2316/wweew4.png

Like OMG! WWE is so popular!

Yes... they are...? They have a revenue of $400 million a year, and the CEO has about $1.7 billion to his name. It's one of the largest entertainment companies in the world. Of course they'll pop up as popular search results every now and then.

m'kay. It hasn't been a top search for a while though.

Anywho check out The Rock's new hair.

r3689137241sg1.jpg

Not that I'm gay or anything but I think he looks better with no hair and a beard.

EDIT:

In a blockbuster that will send a shockwave throughout sports-entertainment, WWE.com has learned that Trish Stratus will be retiring following Unforgiven next month.

However, it wasnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t Trish herself that provided this information to WWE.com. Earlier today, WomenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Champion Lita called the WWE.com offices to announce TrishÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s retirement. Apparently, Lita overheard a personal telephone conversation this weekend between Trish and her parents about her decision to hang up the boots.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅTrish was saying that the road has been taking its toll on her and it was time to take some time for herself,ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Guest TaDaraCampbell

I never got too much into WWF or WWE and if there is any other terms for such wrestling, for the fact that they were all acts.. every time I see it come on the television I think of why they waste their time getting so "buffed" when it's all an act... they could pick a string-bean off the street and as long as he's confident enough he could do just as well as the strong buffed wrestlers (other than if he has to pick one of them up..).