the stolen sidekick argument

flamestrike

I would say that the author of that page needs to get a life. But since I actually took the time to read that whole page and even click on some of the links, I think it would make me a hypocrite. So somebody else say it for me.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

Just to make a point about how much i dont care, I blocked that website with the HOSTS file.

*moves along*

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I probably wouldn't have posted, but since there's already been a couple of "I don't care" posts, I feel an obligation to lend my support. I found the blog a quick and entertaining read. Of course, I'm always intrigued by tales of poetic justice. :)

I'm not even sure what end result to root for though. If he gets the sidekick back now, how anti-climactic is that? I'll check back occasionally to see how it turns out.

Thanks for posting it!

I feel a small portion of sympathy, but why pay $300 for such a device? Meh.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

I personally think this is very intresting, that the person that found the Sidekick was stubborn enough to not give it back. The fact that she cares so much is cool. SHe wants this to go out not because of the sidekick but because she wants to show that this is human nature and that people can be real jerks.

EDIT: This happened to me, I lost my phone about a month ago on a bus and just a few days ago I got a call from my providor saying that I was making disruptive calls to 911 and my providor, the guy from the company went as far to curse at me. It was not me but since two phones can't be activated at the same time... Later the next dsay I got a call froma stranger saying that her son was getting sttrange text messages asking him if he had money she went as far to ask us to stop (it was coming from another line on our cell phone system) we realized that it was a text messages from my mom's phone to me, they were showing up both on my phone and the other one. We called my providor and they all said it was impossible. Untill they tried to make another call, and got transferred to the manager of the company, and spilled all the beans that they had found the phone and that it wasn't me... So they had been calling cussing out the 911 people and stuff, instead of returning the phone. They still have it, and the police have been called and they have marked it as stolen property, they won't be making any prank calls. BUt instead of returning the phone they decided to get ME in trouble by caling 911 and the provider...

Just to make a point about how much i dont care, I blocked that website with the HOSTS file.

*moves along*

Well I blocked it on the router :D

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

*moves along*

you actully took the time, i just pressed that little x in the upper left right corner..

that thing solves alot of problems.

The author of that website is an obsolute loser

seriously try reporting on something worth while and stop crying over a stolen phone.

I should put that in email

Email sent!

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

I personally think this is very intresting, that the person that found the Sidekick was stubborn enough to not give it back. The fact that she cares so much is cool. SHe wants this to go out not because of the sidekick but because she wants to show that this is human nature and that people can be real jerks.

EDIT: This happened to me, I lost my phone about a month ago on a bus and just a few days ago I got a call from my providor saying that I was making disruptive calls to 911 and my providor, the guy from the company went as far to curse at me. It was not me but since two phones can't be activated at the same time... Later the next dsay I got a call froma stranger saying that her son was getting sttrange text messages asking him if he had money she went as far to ask us to stop (it was coming from another line on our cell phone system) we realized that it was a text messages from my mom's phone to me, they were showing up both on my phone and the other one. We called my providor and they all said it was impossible. Untill they tried to make another call, and got transferred to the manager of the company, and spilled all the beans that they had found the phone and that it wasn't me... So they had been calling cussing out the 911 people and stuff, instead of returning the phone. They still have it, and the police have been called and they have marked it as stolen property, they won't be making any prank calls. BUt instead of returning the phone they decided to get ME in trouble by caling 911 and the provider...

so the woman who called you son was in possession of the stolent mobile (I think I'm reading it correctly :?) why didn't you do something about it?

tmpphpnppgpw.png

*moves along*

you actully took the time, i just pressed that little x in the upper left right corner..

that thing solves alot of problems.

:lol:

Same here ^^

komododabst3cn.png

so the woman who called you son was in possession of the stolent mobile (I think I'm reading it correctly :?) why didn't you do something about it?

Trust me, the cellular company reported it to the police, they did absolutely nothing! I had to change my number in the end :x

The author of that website is an obsolute loser

seriously try reporting on something worth while and stop crying over a stolen phone.

I should put that in email

Email sent!

I have to say, I agree. The author is just a little too self-righteous about all this. Yeah, he lost his sidekick. Obviously he has a right to have it back. But there is no reason whatsoever for him to make the issue public on the internet.

His statement to the thieves that he "just wanted you to learn what's right" is directly contradicted by his desire to bring them "GLOBAL humiliation" (his own words). He's just grandstanding, making a point to be as virtuous and pious as he can be. But in fact he's just pursuing petty, small-minded revenge. Building himself up by tearing others down. He's too self-righteous and self-important.

But then again, look at me. I'm taking time out of my day to criticize someone I've never met :lol: :oops:

finalsig9wq.gif

I would say that the author of that page needs to get a life. But since I actually took the time to read that whole page and even click on some of the links, I think it would make me a hypocrite. So somebody else say it for me.

I would say that the author of that page needs to get a life.

i read the first words andstopped becuase the author should get a life

I think in cases like this, people should be allowed to go vigilante. You know, bust out the twelve gauge side-by-side, bring a few friends along, and blow the hell out of something.

Of course, this would cause much civil unrest, death, destruction, and general disarray, but it would be interesting for a few minutes.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif