Some Possibly Entertaining Addition to our Spell Books

Alright, I'm not too seriously about these... just some off-hand ideas in my brain. So bear with me if you are interested at all.

Level 88 - Magic Shield

Takes two Souls, five Minds and eight Bodies to cast.

This spell lasts for five minutes, and while it is in effect it will block 20% of damage for you. For every point of damage blocked you have to pay three Minds and five Bodies, if you cannot the spell is dispelled.

Level 99 - Seal

Takes five Souls, Five Bloods and a Law to cast.

This spell disallows a person to use any magic for 15 seconds. It has a high fail rate.

Level 78 - Magic Amplification

Takes three Bloods, a Soul and five Minds to cast.

This spell multiplies the runes required for all damaging spells by 2X, while increasing their maximum damage by 35%. It lasts five minutes.

Level 75 - Magic Barrier

Takes seven Minds, five Bodies and a Soul to cast.

This spell creates a 10 unit long barrier from the point where the spell is casted as the centre, perpendicular to the caster. It blocks movement and ranged attacks. If the barrier is obstructed by an obstacle as it expands, it will stop expanding in that direction. It lasts for 40 seconds.

Level 87 - Invisibility

Takes two Souls, seven Bodies and three Minds to cast.

This spell renders the caster invisible, and cannot attack or be attacked. It can be dispelled by casting it again, which will cost no runes. It lasts for three minutes. You cannot use this spell within ten seconds of combat, nor can you wear any equipment while it is being used; except for rings, amulets and necklaces.

Level 20 - Sense

Takes a Mind and four Airs to cast.

When out of the Wilderness, you can use this spell and type someone's name in, which will reveal his/her's world and location. In the Wilderness, it also reveals any invisible people around you in a radius of 7 units.

Level 93 - Phase

Takes a Law and five Airs to cast.

This spell allows the caster to teleport immediately to the targeted spot. It has a ten second shakedown time, and cannot be used over level 30 Wilderness. Teleblock does work on this.

Level 65 - Slow

Takes five Earths, seven Waters and two Natures to cast.

This spell halves a person's speed (including running speed) for 40 seconds.

Well, that is all.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

They certainly seem to be spells that look as though they could be introduced. I think it's because some are based on previous spells, for example "Seal" can be related to "Snare" and "Teleblock". I think the rune usage reflects in that as well.

I'm cautious as to how and how long the invisibility would work, but other than that: KUTGW! :D

some of these ideas are really neat. The magic spell (seal) looks nice, but it would change the combat triangle quite a bit. (mind you I guess that there are not that many 99 mages out there). Some of the defensive/offensive boosting ones are quite nice; if you were travelling to deep wildy, you could cast them in edgeville and just have higher defense/offense when going into the wild.

the one that I am really interested in is the invisibility. I read this and thought that this would be awesome, but then I realised that it would make the wildy too easy. You could make yourself invisible when you were attacked etc and make sure that you never died. Treasure trails would be easy as you would just be able to get to your destination avoiding all the pkers etc etc.

Some suggestions to improve it could be (just thinking off the top of my head):

1. The sense spell. you could attack someone who is invisible, but they couldnt retaliate without becoming visible. Ring of visibility could work in the same way.

2. Have a short time limit on the spell (automatic stopping of the spell)

3. cant wear with any armour equipped. This would mean that if you were spotted, the damage dealt would be greater. Would also mean that runecrafting wouldnt be affected too much. i.e. you couldnt use it for easy rc in the abyss.

4. Have animals still able to attack you (by smell).

I also like the 'slow' spell idea. This could be a cheaper version of the entangle spells. However, I think that a better idea might be to have a 'drain energy' type spell in a similar vein to torags' special.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

Okay, I was bored/insane/weird enough to actually make pics of these spells:

sense5nw.png

slow1kv.png

magicbarrier7ex.png

magicamplification0xl.png

invisibility2zr.png

magicshield6qa.png

phase8lj.png

seal5vh.png

Overall I think most ideas are pretty good, but they'd need some tweaks to keep it fair.

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

Well, thank you for all your supports. And yes, I did neglect on expanding on limits to "Invisibility"... will be added now.

Lol and thanks for those pictures. =P

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Those all look pretty cool, but the phase spell could be used to go places, well, where you should not be going (duel arena, castle wars, etc.) and the magic barrier could be abused by blocking off certain areas (Blocking banks? I could imagine a few high mages just spamming walls around a entire bank, which would be funny )

Slow is awesome :)

Retired from runescape

(Banned for bug abusing)

That can be solved by restricting Magic Barrier to the Wilderness, where it is meant to block people. Good point on the Phase spell though, but I have no idea how to solve it while still retaining its non-combat abilities... perhaps seal off specific areas?

~Toxicologist~

Weeeee! Excellent Spells The One Where You Cannot Be hit Could Be Like An Orb Created and Takes Time To Make (10 Seconds.) I realised that you could help make one of my teleport dreams come true

"Teleport To Where You Last Teleported From" - No Cool Name Yet

Laws Rune: 5

Soul Rune: 1

Nature Rune: 2

mutilatory.png

rawr.

Got some nice and bad ones here.

Magic Sheild-Gives a nice use to bodys...recieves my seal of approval

Seal-I'm not sure i like this to much...to good even with your negative effects.

Magic Amplification-I just don't think we need it

Magic Barrier-I'm not sure i get it, and i don't htink a lot of poeple will.

Invisibility-LOl [-o< We can only dream...

Sense-This is the one i like the least...think about it, zezima stalkers could go after him and just go around trying to find him using sense. I know u were trying to do good with getting back against scammers, but it'd only backfire

Phase-Once again we wish

Slow-I don't know how they'd do this, but it'd be good, just make it for 20 seconds or something.

Toxicologist-You got some great magic spells overall here, and i like the pics...keep up the good work =D>

I dunno... Some possibly seem a little too far-fetched to be added... But sure... Go for it

So... If Pro is the opposite of Con, does that mean that Congress is the opposite of Progress? ...?

Seal-I'm not sure i like this to much...to good even with your negative effects.

Sense-This is the one i like the least...think about it, zezima stalkers could go after him and just go around trying to find him using sense. I know u were trying to do good with getting back against scammers, but it'd only backfire

Phase-Once again we wish

Slow-I don't know how they'd do this, but it'd be good, just make it for 20 seconds or something.

Toxicologist-You got some great magic spells overall here, and i like the pics...keep up the good work =D>

I don't know... why is Magic Amplification uneeded? is it too weak? Because I do think it is too expensive to cast...

Magic Barrier is basically a magical wall which you can cast. The direction it faces is always perpendicular to you.

And since Invisibility is not that good for ambush, I don't think it will be too bad...

I have thought about problems with stalking with the sense spell. I just thought that since Zezima and the lot probably has their chats all on off anyway and they already have stalkers wherever they go, I doubt it will matter too much. It might also help people to find lost low levels and such...

I think I didn't explain enough about phase. You can only cast it every ten seconds, and teleblock does work on it.

Slow does not completely restrict movement, so I think it should have a longer effect time than the binding and Ice spells.

~Toxicologist~

Level 99 - Seal

Takes five Souls, Five Bloods and a Law to cast.

This spell disallows a person to use any magic for 15 seconds. It has a high fail rate.

I was just talking to someone about this, how skills don't have a great enough incentive to go to Level 99, because there's no in-game reward. This would really make Mages go to Level 99. I support this spell the most, and all others almost as much.

Nice idea's... especially the No more magic spells for how much time spell :P. It has teleblock, Ice barrage block, entangle block, heck even curse block... That would be aaaawesome

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

But it completely makes a mage helpless if it is successful... 6K, I think; is a small price to pay for a huge gain in winning probability...

~Toxicologist~

Phase would be handy for dungeons, and invisibility would work well for people getting treasure in the wild. And all the others sound good too, good ideas 8-)

I Came, I Saw, I Ran (the person in the mirror pwns me)

Actually, there is also a Mage's spell called "Slow" in Maple Story, although it is far more effective than my version of it.

~Toxicologist~

Phase-Once again we wish

I don't know... why is Magic Amplification uneeded? is it too weak? Because I do think it is too expensive to cast...

Magic Barrier is basically a magical wall which you can cast. The direction it faces is always perpendicular to you.

And since Invisibility is not that good for ambush, I don't think it will be too bad...

I have thought about problems with stalking with the sense spell. I just thought that since Zezima and the lot probably has their chats all on off anyway and they already have stalkers wherever they go, I doubt it will matter too much. It might also help people to find lost low levels and such...

I think I didn't explain enough about phase. You can only cast it every ten seconds, and teleblock does work on it.

Slow does not completely restrict movement, so I think it should have a longer effect time than the binding and Ice spells.

ok, cleared up a few things...i was just really tired when i typed this, magic amplification has nothing wrong with it, perfectly good spell. All p2p i'm assuming, right?

Well, I was thinking "Sense" might be a F2P spell, as since F2P doesn't have Invisible it will be just for finding people... not too much use economically or tactically. the rest, of course; will be P2P.

~Toxicologist~