The Party Hat

hobbies230

I cant belive party hats are over 100 M. I remember probably around 4 years ago, back in rs1 (now known as classic), party hats went for as low as 200k, and at the same time r2hs were 500 k, pink party hats were aswell. Now there over 100 times that, why? They do look cool, they are an *old* item, but they dont show anything because they are tradable, anyone could get one if they had 100 M. It takes a long LONGGGGGGG time to merchant 100m, i know from experience (still havnt reached my goal yet) A little bit after rs2 came out I sold my blue P hat for 6.2 M, I even have a screen shot to prove it. Now there over 100 M. This probably means Santa hats and Halloween masks will be eventually rising that high too right? that wasnt my point though, what im trying to say is ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ITS JUST CRAZY

sig9gj.jpg

Okay, there are so many threads like this, and this one is just another. Now, it's okay if you want to reminisce, but you need to do it in the appropriate thread (if one has already been created about it).

The best thread I've seen on P-hats inflations (as well as other rares), is the following link:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=472106

~Wrath Monkey

They showhow richa player is.

A mad scientist in the attic, the owner is a vampire that dwells in the basement, a witch, skeletons, ghosts....

And you thought YOUR neighbors were weird!

Re-drop all "rares". Including non-tradeable ones such as scythe and bunny ears. Now...that's a holiday idea! :D

sarcasm i hope...hard to tell of internet :? This belongs in rants really, you're not discussing anything or suggesting anything, just saying something is bad.

Yeah, this really should be in the rants section. But he's right, with rares being well, rare, the prices will obviously rise... And you never know... Some rares prices may skyrocket....

So... If Pro is the opposite of Con, does that mean that Congress is the opposite of Progress? ...?

They do, im jus mad because I sold my blue for 6.2 right after rs2 came out and quit, then came back and all the P hats were over 100 mill.

i think this is called hypocracy. you made 6.2 mil on your phat, a profit no doubt, since you knew the price rose within the time you owned yours, then youre complaining that p hats continued to rise after you sold yours??? this is a pointless thread

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

Santa hats and phats inflated in price because their numbers are dropping with people dying while wearing them because of random events and no-one being there to pick them up. I think that Jagex should make all the untradeable holiday items tradeable to add more rares into the game. I personally have kept my holiday items but lots of people have dropped them for bank space and if you can't get them off diango then they will be like santas and phats in a year, 2 years time but at least people will have time to get a hold of one this time round.

Santa hats and phats inflated in price because their numbers are dropping with people dying while wearing them because of random events and no-one being there to pick them up. I think that Jagex should make all the untradeable holiday items tradeable to add more rares into the game. I personally have kept my holiday items but lots of people have dropped them for bank space and if you can't get them off diango then they will be like santas and phats in a year, 2 years time but at least people will have time to get a hold of one this time round.

the number of scythes, bunny ears, zombie heads, yo-yos and rubber chickens are also decreasing in the game for the exact same reason. they cannot be replaced, and they wont be given out again. so they are becoming more rare. but this is not an issue because these items are not tradeable. if you were to make these items tradeable they would go up in price even faster than some of the old rares. there is a very good reason why jagex isnt doing that and will never do that. its because they want people to actively earn their money.

i would actually prefer that jagex put in a lottery-type game in runescape, where you pay like 100gp per ticket, pick some winning numbers, or runestones, and win a few million gp if you are right. that would both sink some of the money out of the economy and allow lucky people that didnt work for their money get a chance to be rich

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

I think that it's stupid that Jagex stopped making the holiday items tradeable. It just discourages new players to join.

Thats a good point. The first holiday item they made untradable was easter bunny ears right? I noticed I dont see to many people wearing them anymore, Im thinking because the ones who did get, have quit. The P hats have rose because of the same reason, only people quit from maybe getting tired of the game? 2 reasons why santas and masks are rising--- Price manipulaters as well as people also wanting to buy new rares and other people keeping in bank hoping they'll rise.

sig9gj.jpg

I can understand phats being like that. It allows a person to show their wealth and is sort of a loophole for the GP Cap. But think about this. There is nothing special about a party hat. WE as an economy have decided for this particular item to be worth so much. If we wanted to we could decide to make all cabbage worth 1 mill each. Its just they way things work.

sig2yq6.png

Presto instant eggs.
i have the solution to "goblin diplomacy"...kill wartface and bentnoze.

Actually - they were origanally invented to show/symoblise how long a player has/was playing for.

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

Actually - they were origanally invented to show/symoblise how long a player has/was playing for.

IF thats the case thats [developmentally delayed]ed because ive played longer than ALOT of people playing now, if anyone remembers when P hats were 100 k and r2hswere 500 k , and the PINK (now known as purple) p hat was 500 k, thats how long ive been playing. 4 years+ i donno exaclty, and i still get called a noob lol

sig9gj.jpg

I suggest not worrying too much about party hats. They're way too expensive to be considered as an item to buy anymore for most players. I suggest not fighting about it and invest in something with a more reasonable price; too bad santas are now above 10m :\

Legend%20Gaara.jpeg

Legendary F2P Skiller