Bye Bye Runescape.

ortiz9471

Ok, so here is the story...

About 3 weeks ago my friend says he got hacked for 2m. I feel bad for him. He admits that he was sharing an account with somebody who he trusted irl and it was probably them. So he got hacked again today, this time for 15 MILLION gp in items. (A santa being one of them). So I feel bad for him. He says his friend is giving him a santa for 2m to help him but doesn't have the 2m. I only have 2.5m and was going to buy whip at the time, but I give him the 2m promising to pay me back when he resold the santa. Well.. that was still the hacker on his account and they took my 2m along with his 15m. I have to admit something. When I was doing Monkey Madness I gave my best friend, (this guy) my pass so he could do the puzzle. Ya... ok back to the story. So this random guy pms me and says he was my friend who was hacked and he didn't have recovs so he can't get his account back. I believe him, then he starts asking me these random questions. Well, I haven't reset my recovs since June of 2005.. and it turned out those were my old recovs he was asking and I was to stupid to notice. I log out to take a break and when I come back I log in and it says, your recovs will be reset in 3 days as you requested. I'm really mad by know, knowing that the hacker is trying to steal my account. So I cancel the recovs, set new ones, change my pass, and quit RS for good. For ever. Never coming back. I'm giving all I have (500k) to my friend foodfight13 who had been forever awesome. I'm not asking for any sympathy, as I deserve none. I know it was my fault, please don't post saying it was my fault. I wouldn't of quit RS except that I'm moving this summer to a new town, going into a new grade (duh) and many other things are changing in my life. RS has been such a waste of my life and I finally realized that. Good bye RS, I was a good player but I don't expect anybody to miss me. (except for foodfight13 and this guy named devial who I met today.) I might still use these forums a tiny bit, but no RS for me. Sorry I didn't break it up into paragraphs and I haven't proof read it or anything so I will probably have bad grammar. Cya RS2

EDIT:yesterday there was a new twist to the story. Apparently he let his friend on his account to finish a clue for him, but his friend left it to autolog and their littlebrother went up and pmed all his friends asking for free stuff. So his friend's brother is a hacker and scammer and a total loser.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

Too many of these threads lately.

If you're looking for sympathy, you wont find any from me.

EDIT: Sorry. Upon reading the post, I see that you very clearly said you weren't asking for sympathy.

40onagdca1.png

Oh yeah. That's right.

im going to miss you ... we met in the wilderness and u were in a fight and deciding whether or not to kill me...which you probably couldn't : ) but anyhow i said "hyt" and we were friends ever since its been nice knowing you and i am going to give sympathy because you were a good friend if you ever decide to start playing i can help you with your money situation. You were always a good person to have a conversation with and im going to miss you bye

:cry: ~r4ng3 0wned~ :cry:

Total downer you fell into that situation. Goodluck in real life. Runescape couldn't have been a total loss, atleast you had fun for most of it, right? again, gl irl and have a good summer.

Slack_Tide.png

About 3 weeks ago my friend says he got hacked for 2m. I feel bad for him. He admits that he was sharing an account with somebody who he trusted irl and it was probably them. So he got hacked again today, this time for 15 MILLION gp in items. (A santa being one of them). So I feel bad for him. He says his friend is giving him a santa for 2m to help him but doesn't have the 2m. I only have 2.5m and was going to buy whip at the time, but I give him the 2m promising to pay me back when he resold the santa. Well.. that was still the hacker on his account and they took my 2m along with his 15m. I have to admit something. When I was doing Monkey Madness I gave my best friend, (this guy) my pass so he could do the puzzle. Ya... ok back to the story. So this random guy pms me and says he was my friend who was hacked and he didn't have recovs so he can't get his account back. I believe him, then he starts asking me these random questions. Well, I haven't reset my recovs since June of 2005.. and it turned out those were my old recovs he was asking and I was to stupid to notice. I log out to take a break and when I come back I log in and it says, your recovs will be reset in 3 days as you requested. I'm really mad by know, knowing that the hacker is trying to steal my account. So I cancel the recovs, set new ones, change my pass, and quit RS for good. For ever. Never coming back. I'm giving all I have (500k) to my friend foodfight13 who had been forever awesome. I'm not asking for any sympathy, as I deserve none. I know it was my fault, please don't post saying it was my fault. I wouldn't of quit RS except that I'm moving this summer to a new town, going into a new grade (duh) and many other things are changing in my life. RS has been such a waste of my life and I finally realized that. Good bye RS, I was a good player but I don't expect anybody to miss me. (except for foodfight13 and this guy named devial who I met today.) I might still use these forums a tiny bit, but no RS for me. Sorry I didn't break it up into paragraphs and I haven't proof read it or anything so I will probably have bad grammar. Cya RS2

I've remembered reading a lot of your posts before. Cya and good luck in real life.

i've been hacked 38 timez

lost 21 million in items

lost 4 million in cash

got scammed 2mil in total (items and cash)

got Banned twice (one of them was for no reason!)

I Think i might quit really soon, but i have too many friends on runescape and lot of my friends including my best friend IRL plays.

penguinesigrq6.png

i've been hacked 38 timez

lost 21 million in items

lost 4 million in cash

got scammed 2mil in total (items and cash)

got Banned twice (one of them was for no reason!)

I Think i might quit really soon, but i have too many friends on runescape and lot of my friends including my best friend IRL plays.

Lol...

You would think you would change your pass and recoveries and get the keylogger off your computer

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

Good for you.

I know you said you didn't want any sympathy, but I went through a similar scenario once, just less serious.

Good luck with ya life.

wow its your own fault for sharing accounts dude.If people on my friends list start asking stuff about my account you know what I do I introduce them to my ignore list .any way good luck in your real life and remember not to give your bank account details to some stranger thinking his your friend lol :D

proud member of the 1500 total lvl club

no one gets hacked on this game, can we stop calling it that please

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

A few things:

First, not every single person that goes on your account when you don't want him to is a "hacker". You can't "hack" RuneScape. Second, if you give someone your password, what the hell do you expect? Both of you did that, and lost items, that's the whole reason that the rule against sharing accounts is there. Third, recovery questions are there for a reason. USE THEM.

Honestly, this could've been avoided if you had followed the rules and Jagex's advice.

blognov25ll4.gif

Too bad your leaving, hope you have a good time irl and I hope you don't think runescape was a total loss. Anyways hope you have some good times with whatever you do =)

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

You shouldn't quit for nearly being hacked, but if its your choice go ahead.

^^^ Another Ownage Post! :lol:

RSN: Busted Fool

Private Chat is on so feel Free to add me.

ownagesig21df.gif

R.I.P. The Old Nite 1961-2006

Total downer you fell into that situation. Goodluck in real life. Runescape couldn't have been a total loss, atleast you had fun for most of it, right? again, gl irl and have a good summer.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Good luck in real life & have fun! O:)

Thank you.

^^

Thank you.

Agreed.

But anyway. Sorry for your loses and hope you do well in your future and in your real life.

Best wishes,

Honeo

Training my pure!

dddog6.png