All that work... wasted.

Skorne

I just came upstairs to log onto RuneScape as I've recently became addicted (once again!) and had a message come up saying "Account Disabled".

So I looked on my messages from Jagex and there's one there that lists the rules about Macroing. There's also nothing when I click on 'View Evidence'.

I'll clear up right here right now, I have NEVER made or used a macro in my life, let alone one for RuneScape.

I've had this account for as long as I remember, the furthest back I have 'proof' I had the account was in 2002 as that's when my recovery questions were last set.

Now I was never a particularly good player, niether was I particularly skilled at... well... anything, but I had about 50 friends on there that I don't actually know their runescape names off by heart so I've now pretty much lost contact with all of them.

I've appealed against the ban but from what I've read on this forum, Jagex staff can be pretty shoddy when it comes to free-2-play support so I'm not really expecting this mistake to be fixed, though I hope it will be and shall attempt to log onto that account every day for a good few weeks.

So as this seems like the end of 'Danamo_Kevev', all those who I had on my contact list need to add 'Sadistic_Dan'. Any donations to get me back to where I was would be appreciated too, though they're not needed and I don't want to turn this thread to recieve loads of "Stop begging on the forums, cheat!" replies.

The only good thing about this is, at least now I actually LIKE my main character name.

:( This is the kind of thing that makes you want to quit runescape!

iSkorne.png

[hide=Drops]

Monsters

1x Dragon Chainbody (1 Dust Devil Trip)

3x Black Mask (2 trips)

1x Drag Skirt (50+ trips)

Clues

1x Robin Hood Hat

1x Guthix Platebody

[/hide]

Yeah Jagex usually makes alot of mistakes banning people for Macroing who have actually never macroed in their life. But if they wouldn't follow their instincts on some points and actually always wanted to be 100% sure, the number of Macroing rants on the rants board would increase bij 500%. I'm very sorry about your account loss, I can't even imagine losing all of that effort and time in a single click.. Well good luck on your new account is all that I can say!

And btw maybe edit that donation part out, I know youre not even asking, but still, people can get very upset about that :roll:

99 Slayer since August 2007.

Thanks.

I know what you mean about the donation part, but at this moment in time I couldn't care what people think, I'm already branded as a cheat now and have got to start all my stats from 1 again. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I've already just lost like, 3 full addy sets and 5 or 6 full mith sets from my bank along with about 3,000 trouts that a friend had just given me (and is going to be rather annoyed that they're now wasted). Not to mention the 50-60,000 runes that I had in there for my rune-shop which I can no longer keep running.

I realise I probably lost what's attainable within maybe an hour for you guys (apart from crafting all those runes), but for me, when the most I've ever had is 350,000gp, so it's a massive blow.

iSkorne.png

[hide=Drops]

Monsters

3x Black Mask (2 trips)

Clues

1x Robin Hood Hat

1x Guthix Platebody

[/hide]

darn jagex, always banning innocent players :(

don't be so quick to judge Jagex. They ban hundreds of players and of course they are going to make the odd mistke, but they are usually sorted in an appeal.

Also don't believe every "wrong ban" you hear about (I'm not speaking about this thread specifically) A lot of the time the bans have been fair and just.

You only hear one side of the stories when it comes to threads like these. Be open minded, don't assume Jagex is wrong in every case.

sig2ho7.jpg

You only hear one side of the stories when it comes to threads like these. Be open minded, don't assume Jagex is wrong in every case.

Actually, I think I have all the right in the world to believe that Jagex is wrong in this case. :)

... I feel like such a noob doing all these quests again. :(

I mean, honestly, who could care less about Romeo and Juliet? Not I!

iSkorne.png

[hide=Drops]

Monsters

3x Black Mask (2 trips)

Clues

1x Robin Hood Hat

1x Guthix Platebody

[/hide]

A macro is an automated series of program commands

I believe it'd be very hard to use a program to do things for me without me noticing.

iSkorne.png

[hide=Drops]

Monsters

3x Black Mask (2 trips)

Clues

1x Robin Hood Hat

1x Guthix Platebody

[/hide]

If you have any family members or friends that play on your computer, or have used someone else's computer, possibly a public one could be the cause of your ban. I am not 100% sure, but I think Jagex now bans all accounts that have used a computer if the computer is caught for macroing. That would explain why Jagex thinks you macro'd but you yourself know that you never have. If you have used any computers other than your own I suggest putting that statement in your appeal.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

My other account remains unbanned, so does my sister's account (she hardly even knows how to use runescape, let alone macros) so I'm REALLY confused (and annoyed) as to what's going on.

iSkorne.png

[hide=Drops]

Monsters

3x Black Mask (2 trips)

Clues

1x Robin Hood Hat

1x Guthix Platebody

[/hide]

Actually, I think I have all the right in the world to believe that Jagex is wrong in this case. :)

Yes I agree you do.

But the rest of us cannot be so sure. You must understand that a lot of poeple that complain when banned deserved it.

If I was you I would not stop contacting Jagex until my account was unbanned.

sig2ho7.jpg

I'm not going to really, I only got banned a few hours ago though so I'm going to wait a few days and then mail them again.

iSkorne.png

[hide=Drops]

Monsters

3x Black Mask (2 trips)

Clues

1x Robin Hood Hat

1x Guthix Platebody

[/hide]

Feel your pain..

My Pure

90 Mage 86 Range

was banned for macro'ing. ((Only lost 10M in items and GP#-o ))

Never used it and very opposed to it! But was banned for it non the less.

People sometimes will report you for macro'ing, cheating or whatever if you tick them off. I cleared people at the Duel arena in fair fights and they said they reported me. Or I would click on the cake stall toooo quick and they said I need to stop macro'ing.

People abuse the report feature sometimes ... and it blows when your on the end of the abuse...

Jage-X does their job but every once in a while something slips through,

Good luck... it's hard to start back up but at least you know how to power through stuff to get started again

Just be glad they ban the people that really do Macro, just think if they didn't eventually the worlds would get full of people marcroing and you'd never be able to play fair anymore. This should tell people that if they do Macro that they banned, now you could be right and they could've made a mistake. however just keep apealing it. You might just get it back.

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

Good luck... it's hard to start back up but at least you know how to power through stuff to get started again

Indeed, though I am finding it really hard still.

I mean, I'm used to having all my quests finished (bar Dragon Slayer) and many full sets of armour in my bank, right now the most valuable thing I have is a Staff of Earth (1500gp).

iSkorne.png

[hide=Drops]

Monsters

3x Black Mask (2 trips)

Clues

1x Robin Hood Hat

1x Guthix Platebody

[/hide]

Yeah Jagex usually makes alot of mistakes banning people for Macroing who have actually never macroed in their life. But if they wouldn't follow their instincts on some points and actually always wanted to be 100% sure, the number of Macroing rants on the rants board would increase bij 500%. I'm very sorry about your account loss, I can't even imagine losing all of that effort and time in a single click.. Well good luck on your new account is all that I can say!

And btw maybe edit that donation part out, I know youre not even asking, but still, people can get very upset about that :roll:

Well that is sort of like: "To solve the problem, let's ban everyone in sight!" Well you take innocent players along with it. It doesn't seems fair to the ones that didn't do anything wrong to lose their account. They need a better way for tracking down autoers.

The+Team.png

i'm sure people want to flame my post for some reason, but thats life i guess? No it isn't life *hopes people look outside the window,* go "flame" people out there, you get a nice supprise :XD: < like no teeth.

One thing Jagex might try is not allowing people to register witha free email like hotmail, this would prevent someone from creating a new account everytime their caught. I have seen other games that use this system.

One thing Jagex might try is not allowing people to register witha free email like hotmail, this would prevent someone from creating a new account everytime their caught. I have seen other games that use this system.

That won't work, that is one of the easiest safety measures to bypass, if not the easiest.

The+Team.png

i'm sure people want to flame my post for some reason, but thats life i guess? No it isn't life *hopes people look outside the window,* go "flame" people out there, you get a nice supprise :XD: < like no teeth.

If you can't register with free emails (hotmail, yahoo, etc) then that'd cut out 99% of those who play Runescape.

iSkorne.png

[hide=Drops]

Monsters

3x Black Mask (2 trips)

Clues

1x Robin Hood Hat

1x Guthix Platebody

[/hide]

If you can't register with free emails (hotmail, yahoo, etc) then that'd cut out 99% of those who play Runescape.

yup i have a yahoo account and my mom has a hotmail. now she is certainly not going to use her work email to pay for a game. This would shew away alot of the good players from the game and then Jadex would lose money.

sorry about your account. i was banned fairly for pass scamming then i restarted my account and now i rock. but i do not believe all the unfair banning stories i hear but i think Jadex is too automated. make sure you clearly think your appeals because once they say that the decision is *final* kisss you account byebye.

i never ever use public computers for runescape. Because most hackers use public computers to macro. Most people that play runescape regularly use thier home computer to play runescape.

StarViv.png

I've hit an all time low.

I've had 5 people call me a f***ing noob already, now I realise why so many new players get annoyed with the older players so much.

I've even had many people TELLING me to quit and boycott runescape, even though noone would get anything whatsoever out of that.

iSkorne.png

[hide=Drops]

Monsters

3x Black Mask (2 trips)

Clues

1x Robin Hood Hat

1x Guthix Platebody

[/hide]

Same thing happened to be more "Website Advertising and Encouraging other's to break rules" neither of which I did. My account was even older than your's too =\. It defenintly is the lost friends that hurts the most though. I mean getting your level's back isn't that hard but getting back in touchw ith old friends can be almost impossible.

Hosan.png