idea for major mining/runecrafting update

ikraz66

Its no secret that almost every rock obtained in mining is used for smithing/smelting. A few ores are also used for crafting. Then there is one random rock type: rune essence. It seriously seems out of place with the mining skill, especially since you mine it completely differently from ores. There is really only one kind of rock used for the rc'ing skill (2 if you include pure ess, which i dont since it was only an anti-autominer update). mining is also the only skill that has almost no differences between f2p and p2p, other than locations, and the quarry, which isnt very useful anyway.

what we need is a new runecrafting ore: POWER ESSENCE! :shock: Jagex has already announced blood and soul crafting. My idea is that you need a special type of ess for them. The mining requirements would be VERY HIGH (lvl 90??) But the payoff would be great! For instance, it should actually give decent mining xp, and only need to be clicked once per inventory (like normal ess). Each power ess would be equal to 5 pure ess- that is- you get 5 times the normal xp for crafting and 5 times the runes that you would normally get.

The power ess mine should be accessed though the wilderness, so there's some danger involved, and there should be a full quest needed to access it.

pretty much i was just brainstorming, not all of these ideas are great, but my main point is: WE NEED A NEWER BETTER TYPE OF ESS FOR RC'ING

p.s. if anyone supports this, can you please post this on the runescape official forums? i would, but i'm not a member (yet). pm me here if you do. :pray:

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

Intriguing idea. I like the idea of a high-level essence rock to mine for the high-level runes. I don't think this special ess should be useable for the lower level runes, however.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

Rcers at lvl 91 can make 108 nature runes per trip. Upping it to 540 is a little much.
yeah, but it would probably cost around 2k per power ess. only rich people could afford it. Think about how much ess it requires to reach lvl 99. if you mined your own ess, and only crafted airs, you would reach lvl 99 mining and rc'ing at the same time. And deaths give only twice the xp of airs. There should be a more effective way.

bad idea...pure ess is bad enough and this power ess would make it too easy for people to make money(miners and runecrafters)

making it necesary to craft blood and soul runes is a good idea however it shouldnt give exta runes for regular runes. If i craft airs with pure ess I dont get extra runes.

Drgnriderx11.png

nice idea...

but the mining of the power essence,

must be as hard as cutting yews at 60 wc

ya

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

You really want to ruin the economy don't you...

I find that with nearly every suggestion, someone always pops up and says this.

We're dealing with a virtual game economy that in a sense is a free-market economy. However, with the artificial bench marks provided by high-alching, and the fact that because of high-alching, money can be "created" out of basically nothing, we're dealing with an economy that simply can't be ruined.

Sure, prices on rares and commodities will fluctuate, but that's the nature of the game.

Back to point. By adding a new commodity, such as "power ess" as this thread suggests, will certainly affect the value of normal essence. However, with the limitations (mining level, etc) that are proposed, I don't believe that the value of normal ess would be affected that much. If anything, its value wil go down and the market price of power ess will go up.

Does this constitute ruination of economy? I highly doubt it. It might ruin your economy if you'd spent that last 6 months doing nothing but mining ess and you have a couple million of them in the bank that you intend to sell.

If you want to ruin the economy, the way to do it is to eliminate the alchemy spells and make it so stores won't buy stuff that we all know will never resell (why in the world would a general store buy 18,000 unstrung willows, anyway?).

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

theyll get way to mutch exp... when they mine 5x ess in just 1 essense...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Let's see 10x airs for high rc level, plus the 5x from power ess... 1400 airs in one load! (Correct my math if it's wrong :-w )

you can only get air 8x... and yes its way to mutch...

runeminermb1.gif

Let's see 10x airs for high rc level, plus the 5x from power ess... 1400 airs in one load! (Correct my math if it's wrong :-w )

actually you get 10x airs at lvl 99... it just doesnt say that on tip.it

check the manual on runescape

Jagex has already announced blood and soul crafting. :

since when?

i dont remember

i saw it on another topic. i think that members get a message at lvl 77 and 80 something saying that they can craft bloods or soul runes. plus i heard that theres a blood rift in the abyss.

i think my point is that there should be an incentive to craft bloods or soul runes. if they could be crafted with normal pure ess, the price of bloods/souls would go down fast. and no one would bother because it would not be good money for crafting.

actually you get 10x airs at lvl 99... it just doesnt say that on tip.it

check the manual on runescape

where did tip.it based it on then? :P

srry... didnt know...

runeminermb1.gif

You really want to ruin the economy don't you...

I find that with nearly every suggestion, someone always pops up and says this.

We're dealing with a virtual game economy that in a sense is a free-market economy. However, with the artificial bench marks provided by high-alching, and the fact that because of high-alching, money can be "created" out of basically nothing, we're dealing with an economy that simply can't be ruined.

Sure, prices on rares and commodities will fluctuate, but that's the nature of the game.

Back to point. By adding a new commodity, such as "power ess" as this thread suggests, will certainly affect the value of normal essence. However, with the limitations (mining level, etc) that are proposed, I don't believe that the value of normal ess would be affected that much. If anything, its value wil go down and the market price of power ess will go up.

Does this constitute ruination of economy? I highly doubt it. It might ruin your economy if you'd spent that last 6 months doing nothing but mining ess and you have a couple million of them in the bank that you intend to sell.

If you want to ruin the economy, the way to do it is to eliminate the alchemy spells and make it so stores won't buy stuff that we all know will never resell (why in the world would a general store buy 18,000 unstrung willows, anyway?).

- Sligo

I find that almost every suggestion will ruin the economy.

By the way, just because it is a virtual economy does not mean it can't be ruined. In real life new bank notes (dollars are not worth a thing, they are notes of debt to a bank) can be printed and have been in the past. Are you saying in real life the economy can not be ruined?

Hosan.png