is the dragon chain really anything special anymore?

fearspudgod

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i must say this armor is still cool, then again not every noob gets it i mean it is 20mill its alot... and i think the only think that will come out is full helmit the chain is so cool looking the best monsters in the game drops them and its to exepnsive to trow in a plate dragon boots i dunno but rs is changing and jagex wanted to trow out some big cash (with construction skill) and i think everyone is just so jalours of people with chain it still has that little status...

rozzbow1073ex.jpg

Some people don't like to have to spend maintennance money on their armor.

Hmm, lets do the math...

Dragon Chain: Retail Price: 19.5m

Torag Plate Body: Retail Price: 1.2m

(Note: Both of these were found on the RuneScape.com forums just now)

That means that you're paying an extra 18.3m to basically... have worse stats at the benefit of not having to pay for repairs?

Okay okay, so there HAS to be a reason people would get this! Lets look at it. I mean, repairs seem to be so expensive, they are being portrayed as these huge payments to no one, but... wait a minute, 90k to repair a body? That isn't as much as they make it sound... okay okay, lets brake this down some more! They have to be right in that it's more expensive with the Torag Plate, don't they?

18,300,000 / 90,000 = 203.33333 repairs. So...

203.33333 * 15 (hours) = 3049.999999999995 hours of using Torag (at 90k per repair)

So for that 18.3m that you aren't spending on that dragon chain, you could get 127 days worth of training with that torag plate.

Wow, Torag does seem like a better option. But wait! It gets better! Thanks to the new POH Workshop, at level 55 Construction, you can cut your repair costs in half! That's right! Now you have 254 days with that armor! But wait, there's more! That's 69.6% of a year! And that's playing 24 hours a day! Wow... so again, why would you want a dragon chain? Oh yeah, because you're greedy and you want to show off your ability to scam people, great move, ya swell person.

LOL, That's the best comment i've seen all day! I would siggy it but i would get killed by misterxman, LOL.

Merry Crimbo!

signatureof0.gif

Click on my signature to see my NEW blog!

Clicky here to see my YouTube videos! http://www.youtube.com/volkswagen99videos

I got chain from Dust Devils. So it is special for me. Since I got it as drop.

Sold it thought. :P

The dragon chain is special to you so you sold it? :o

My dragon sq shield is special to me becuase the left half was my first dragon drop and I will never sell it.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I got chain from Dust Devils. So it is special for me. Since I got it as drop.

Sold it thought. :P

The dragon chain is special to you so you sold it? :o

My dragon sq shield is special to me becuase the left half was my first dragon drop and I will never sell it.

Yeah :oops:

I needed the cash for slayer... And I got followed and begged off, had full dragon without helm for 30mins...

Some people don't like to have to spend maintennance money on their armor.

Hmm, lets do the math...

Dragon Chain: Retail Price: 19.5m

Torag Plate Body: Retail Price: 1.2m

(Note: Both of these were found on the RuneScape.com forums just now)

That means that you're paying an extra 18.3m to basically... have worse stats at the benefit of not having to pay for repairs?

Okay okay, so there HAS to be a reason people would get this! Lets look at it. I mean, repairs seem to be so expensive, they are being portrayed as these huge payments to no one, but... wait a minute, 90k to repair a body? That isn't as much as they make it sound... okay okay, lets brake this down some more! They have to be right in that it's more expensive with the Torag Plate, don't they?

18,300,000 / 90,000 = 203.33333 repairs. So...

203.33333 * 15 (hours) = 3049.999999999995 hours of using Torag (at 90k per repair)

So for that 18.3m that you aren't spending on that dragon chain, you could get 127 days worth of training with that torag plate.

Wow, Torag does seem like a better option. But wait! It gets better! Thanks to the new POH Workshop, at level 55 Construction, you can cut your repair costs in half! That's right! Now you have 254 days with that armor! But wait, there's more! That's 69.6% of a year! And that's playing 24 hours a day! Wow... so again, why would you want a dragon chain? Oh yeah, because you're greedy and you want to show off your ability to scam people, great move, ya swell person.

Haha, I agree with you 110%, I admit, I think the Dragon Chainbody looks good, but not 19.5m-worthy :wink:
Screenshots10-16-2007-100108AM11-10.png