monkfish vs the others

darkside

in ur oppinion if u beat the swan song quest, what would u rather fish?

monk fish or something else. if u wish to answer give reason why.

i perfer lobbies because they are so close to bank (while in fishing guild)

untitled6kv7.gif

Well I have yet to beat the Quest (Darn requirements!) but if I COULD fish Monkfish I would be there in a second. From what I've heard it's the ultimate fish. Great healing, very fast to get and thus fast experience!

Lobsters will take the tail end of my fishing priorities (yes, pun intended... get it...tail... lobster... bah! Wasted! ) when I can get Monkfish.

Lobsters will take the tail end of my fishing priorities (yes, pun intended... get it...tail... lobster... bah! Wasted! ) when I can get Monkfish.

nice pun lol... u sound like jagex and there pun filled quests :lol:

untitled6kv7.gif

the requirements were fairly easy (got 66 magic from barrows ftw), monkfish give great xp, easy and fast to catch but there's only 1 reason i dont bother too much with them..........they're so far away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it takes about 10mins to get there from ardougne, maybe thats why ppl say nothing worth having is easy :?:

I haven't done the quest yet (since I'm F2P), but I got the reqs as soon as I heard from people how godd they are. After I beat the quest I'm going to stay there and catch enough monkies for 76 fishing -wich is less than 10k fish btw.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

16, and they give better fishing xp than sharks :D !

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Monkfish might not sell well, because lobsters and sharks have a greater supply, and thus greater demand, but if you wish to be self sufficient, and have too low of a fishing level to fish sharks properly, Monkfish cannot be replaced with another type of food for training. Fast fishing (thus great Fishing xp and nets you good numbers), 16 per fish is nothing to be scoffed at, and it tastes great! :P

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Monkfish might not sell well, because lobsters and sharks have a greater supply, and thus greater demand, but if you wish to be self sufficient, and have too low of a fishing level to fish sharks properly, Monkfish cannot be replaced with another type of food for training. Fast fishing (thus great Fishing xp and nets you good numbers), 16 per fish is nothing to be scoffed at, and it tastes great! :P

Don't mean to be a pain or anything, But what are the requirements // quest to be able to fish monkfish, and what fishing level do you need, Im training atm and laggin bad so i cant check really. :oops:

:: Virtualdevil :: - 99 Att - 99 Str - 99 Def - 99 HP - 99 Mage - 125 Cmb

62 fishing is required to fish monk fish, which should say on the quest requirements.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

the requirements were fairly easy (got 66 magic from barrows ftw), monkfish give great xp, easy and fast to catch but there's only 1 reason i dont bother too much with them..........they're so far away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it takes about 10mins to get there from ardougne, maybe thats why ppl say nothing worth having is easy :?:

Theres an much easier way to get there. Just get to edgeville and go east until you see the spirit tree, teleport to gnome tree village and then teleport to gnome stronghold. After that just run to the fishing colony. Not that long, maybe 2 minutes of walking.

Shendrik.png

Theres an much easier way to get there. Just get to edgeville and go east until you see the spirit tree, teleport to gnome tree village and then teleport to gnome stronghold. After that just run to the fishing colony. Not that long, maybe 2 minutes of walking.

Or glory tele to Al Kharid, take the glider to the gnome stronghold, then walk.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

You can get to the stronghold a lot quicker --> rub duel ring to al-kharid duel arena and use the gnome girder to the stronghold.

messpsddark7bs.gif

Ty pjb21 for this awesome avvy!

Or glory tele to Al Kharid, take the glider to the gnome stronghold, then walk.

Oops you were faster of course ^^

messpsddark7bs.gif

Ty pjb21 for this awesome avvy!