MASSIVE CAPE UPDATE!!!!!!!!

There is a fine line between "permitted fantasy realism" and "real world realism".

You would not be suprised to find Delrith in Runescape, but I am sure you would if it turns out you could throw a ball of wool as a powerful ranged weapon.

And the poster is most likely to be lying. His claims are extremely flawed.

But I am, however; getting more and more convinced on "Metal Capes", since I think it just might be... slightly... plausible. After all, RUnescape does have Capes made of rock.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to chime in one last time. People keep saying that there is a cape made of stone. I guess you are talking about the obsidian? Why would you think that it is completely made of that material. If I said I had a sword with a diamond hilt, would you think the entire hilt was diamond? Or would you just figure that the hilt has diamonds inlaid into it? When you go to buy studded leggings, do you think you are going to buy a pair of leggings that are completely made of studs? Or does it compute to think the leggings are just reinforced with studs? So when I think of an obsidian cape, cloak, or what ever, I just figure that it is encrusted in obsidian.

Tsi Ani-Yunwiya

uug3d.gifwe972.gif

Obby cape? Obbysal is a metal....

Lol, you mean obsidian?

Obsidian is very light its very much like glass. Don't tell me glass is a metal.

If he can't I will

New account, Golem54.

Well, when you think of "Metal Capes", do you think of a cape made of metal or a cape with small iron filings stuck onto it with glue?

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

You guys don't get it, do you? Just because you have mystic metals like mithril, and supernatural powers like Magic; those can all be explained logically by molecular structure and supernatural energies. But you cannot explain away metal capes in any way.

It is the same thing as in you would not regard finding mithril in a Fantasy RPG as strange, but I am sure you would be very suprised to find a platebody that is used as a throwing weapon.

READ before you post.

Dude, metal capes are totally plausible (maybe not conveniant, but plausable). If you can make armor out of connected rings, you can definately make a cloak or cape out of connected rings.

Yes, molecular structure does influence weight, so mithril's molecular structure must be very spread out, thus making it lighter. But if that is the case, wouldn't it be less protective??

By the way, mithril platebody isn't that light. It still weighs like 10 Lbs. But steel platebody weighs like 20 Lbs. I don't really care though, I don't pk or fight alot, I smith.

You guys talk about mithril as it were a real metal. Come on, have you ever seen a light blue metal sold in stores that was callled mithril?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Even if it does sound unrealistic some of you forget this is just a game, tonnes of crap can happen. Massive clumps of metal on your feet? I think that's a bit absurd (Sp?) Dharoks axe? You see in Japanese or Chinese cartoons/games where people are holding swords twice as big as them and it's kind of happened in runescape...so even if the mods were pulling your leg, this wouldn't be such an absurd (Sp?) update.

~Abyssal~

Well, when you think of "Metal Capes", do you think of a cape made of metal or a cape with small iron filings stuck onto it with glue?

Actually no. That is another form of leather work, like studded, called reinforced leather. Instead of glued to the leather, the metal strips are sewn into the piece like you would pad a quilt. It is kind of like scale mail. Scale mail is attatched to the outside, reinfoced is sewn between the layers. Now that would be something to see.... Bronze, iron, steel, mithril, addamant, runite reinforced leathers.

Tsi Ani-Yunwiya

uug3d.gifwe972.gif

listen, this is not true, jagex workers do play it, BUT THEY PLAY ON NORMAL ACCOUNTS! you won't see any jagex mod accounts on these days(the won't should probaly be replaced with rarely), and jagex would not say anything about updates, they only say them through the main page news, and as it looks, we have alot of capes as it is, so it doesn't look like we will get one soon, If you don't belive me, then oyu should read about them on the jagex moderators FAQ section on the RuneScape website.

Obby cape? Obbysal is a metal....

Lol, you mean obsidian?

Obsidian is very light its very much like glass. Don't tell me glass is a metal.

dude glass is a liquid. look it up on the internet. as for the actual discussion i think they were just messing around with your head to see how gullible you are.

listen, this is not true, jagex workers do play it, BUT THEY PLAY ON NORMAL ACCOUNTS! you won't see any jagex mod accounts on these days(the won't should probaly be replaced with rarely), and jagex would not say anything about updates, they only say them through the main page news, and as it looks, we have alot of capes as it is, so it doesn't look like we will get one soon, If you don't belive me, then oyu should read about them on the jagex moderators FAQ section on the RuneScape website.

Eh hem. I have seen Jagex Mods in the game before. My friend even bragged about seeing Mod Paul in the game once. So, you're basically saying that Jagex Mods don't play with a crown, which would lead to what is against RS rules. ALL MODERATORS HAVE CROWNS!

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Eh hem. I have seen Jagex Mods in the game before. My friend even bragged about seeing Mod Paul in the game once. So, you're basically saying that Jagex Mods don't play with a crown, which would lead to what is against RS rules. ALL MODERATORS HAVE CROWNS!

I am not saying that, i am saying they often play it on accounts other than their jagex mod account, they don't use their jagex mod account as often, and jagex mod accounts have crowns, the accounts they play that are not their jagex mod accounts don't. Now if that can't prove my point, then you are not looking at it right, or you need to go look on the info section of jagex mods on the runescape website.

This is getting way off topic and chaotic. Maybe a Mod should Lock this to prevent further chaos.

By the way, Glass is a Liquid.

~Toxicologist~