MASSIVE CAPE UPDATE!!!!!!!!

You guys don't get it, do you? Just because you have mystic metals like mithril, and supernatural powers like Magic; those can all be explained logically by molecular structure and supernatural energies. But you cannot explain away metal capes in any way.

It is the same thing as in you would not regard finding mithril in a Fantasy RPG as strange, but I am sure you would be very suprised to find a platebody that is used as a throwing weapon.

READ before you post.

Dude, metal capes are totally plausible (maybe not conveniant, but plausable). If you can make armor out of connected rings, you can definately make a cloak or cape out of connected rings.

Yes, molecular structure does influence weight, so mithril's molecular structure must be very spread out, thus making it lighter. But if that is the case, wouldn't it be less protective??

By the way, mithril platebody isn't that light. It still weighs like 10 Lbs. But steel platebody weighs like 20 Lbs. I don't really care though, I don't pk or fight alot, I smith.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just reminded of spider wire. It is thinner, lighter, yet twice as stronge as monofillament lines normally used for fishing. Where mono lines can be cut with ease, you nearly need wire cutters for spider wire. That being said, it would be possible to make different types of thread to weave capes and cloaks of a much stronger quality than simple leather. So that idea would be more viable than metal capes.

Just a simple question. Wasn't mithril able to be refined into a thread and have shirts sewn of them? I thought that is what Bilbo wore was a simple shirt made of mithryl rather than a chain tunic smithed of mithryl links. The same shirt given then to Frodo who survived a spear from a cave troll.

Tsi Ani-Yunwiya

uug3d.gifwe972.gif

safespot and then take the pics

plus i highly doubt 2 jmods would talk ingame, as they would work for the company and hence know each other in real-life therefore either being in the same building at the same time OR knonwing each other's phone numbers and in turn, they wouldnt go ingame to talk, let alone a public place or a public world

You couldn't be more of a [wagon] could you? The JMods when they're on, do talk, in public. It's their game, they created it, they can do whatever they want in it.

Plus, he's probably right about the capes. I earlier had a thought about clan capes, where there's an NPC in each major town who acts as a clan master, who shows lists of every clan. You'd have to be a certain level to create a clan, and have a certain amount of cash. The clan leader, would create the clan and write down everyones name who's in the clan, and only they can wear that clan cape. (The leader would create the symbol, colour etc.) I dunno where I'm going with this...but maybe it's something to do with clan capes? :-k

Just a simple question. Wasn't mithril able to be refined into a thread and have shirts sewn of them? I thought that is what Bilbo wore was a simple shirt made of mithryl rather than a chain tunic smithed of mithryl links. The same shirt given then to Frodo who survived a spear from a cave troll.

Ya, actually mithril can be made into thread. If any of you have ever played the game known as "Dungeons and Dragons", you would know you can make mithril shirts. And yes, in the Lord of the Rings Frodo is given a mithril shirt by Bilbo. So in that light, a leather cape sewn with mithril thread is more protective than a chain cape. I still don't know how they make a metal into thread though...

LMAO, you were in the caves fighting right? when you're in the caves YOU'RE the only one in there you can't see anybody else.. SO how did you hear them? you cant see outside

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

You guys don't get it, do you? Just because you have mystic metals like mithril, and supernatural powers like Magic; those can all be explained logically by molecular structure and supernatural energies. But you cannot explain away metal capes in any way.

It is the same thing as in you would not regard finding mithril in a Fantasy RPG as strange, but I am sure you would be very suprised to find a platebody that is used as a throwing weapon.

READ before you post.

Dude, metal capes are totally plausible (maybe not conveniant, but plausable). If you can make armor out of connected rings, you can definately make a cloak or cape out of connected rings.

Yes, molecular structure does influence weight, so mithril's molecular structure must be very spread out, thus making it lighter. But if that is the case, wouldn't it be less protective??

By the way, mithril platebody isn't that light. It still weighs like 10 Lbs. But steel platebody weighs like 20 Lbs. I don't really care though, I don't pk or fight alot, I smith.

Yes, it is plausible. But what would it protect when it is waving around? What is the point, of something that doesn't really give that much extra protection, but a lot of extra weight? It is like using chopsticks as weapons. plausible, yes; but useful? No.

As for molecular structure, you obviously have little knowledge of physics if you think something of less density means it is less strong. The way the molecules bind together also affects its strength, not just how "spread out" they are. And in solids, molecules cannot be "spread out", otherwise it will become a liquid.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

safespot and then take the pics

plus i highly doubt 2 jmods would talk ingame, as they would work for the company and hence know each other in real-life therefore either being in the same building at the same time OR knonwing each other's phone numbers and in turn, they wouldnt go ingame to talk, let alone a public place or a public world

wow inproper ussage of hence, but yea i agree

hows the weather up there. where the rich people live. currently, in the poor area its -1.

READ before you post.

Yes, it is plausible. But what would it protect when it is waving around? What is the point, of something that doesn't really give that much extra protection, but a lot of extra weight? It is like using chopsticks as weapons. plausible, yes; but useful? No.

As for molecular structure, you obviously have little knowledge of physics if you think something of less density means it is less strong. The way the molecules bind together also affects its strength, not just how "spread out" they are. And in solids, molecules cannot be "spread out", otherwise it will become a liquid.

What would it protect? Why everything it was designed to. Have you ever seen leather wave around? It is a thick material but it is also flexable. It does not wave around. It stays to the form and wraps around as you move. Quit thinking about these types of cloaks as if you would think about Superman's cape......

Tsi Ani-Yunwiya

uug3d.gifwe972.gif

Ok so my knowledge of phsyics is limited. It's not like they teach us physics at my age. You either are older than me or you watch educational television.

Chopsticks as a weapon is kinda funny, hilarious even. As Kanati said, you are thinking too much of a superhero cape. We mean "cloaks". Cloaks wrap around the body, taking shape around the back.

Everything in life may not have a conveniant use, but it has a use nonetheless. A metal cloak would be a good idea, but what about an enchanted cloak? An enchanted cloak would add protection without being an encumberence.

A cloak is generally used for disguse, not protection. Besides, a tightly warped cloak can restrict your movement, making it not a good offensive choice. Besides, the title says "CAPES". You never mentioned cloaks until then... stop putting words into my mouth which I never said.

The title said: "METAL" capes. You never mentioned ENCHANTED cloaks until then either. If it is enchanted cloaks, then I support this.

And I hate Superman. All American Superheroes, in my opinion, are extremely lame.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Metal capes... Right... Why in the world would someone wear a metal cape? It's heavy, you already have armor on your back, all it does is weigh you down more. And from a game standpoint, it wouldn't flap at all, so it's not even pretty. This has to be one of the most absurd claims I've ever heard.

We are talking about a game with granite legs.

90 Combat 1900+ Total

99 Crafting 99 Cooking 99 Firemaking

99 Herblore 99 Fletching 98 Farming

silverandblackfinishvr8.gif

And weapons made of Obsidian. Seriously, obsidian is a rock... rock capes, anyone?

~Toxicologist~

Metal capes would not be a problem for jadex to add at all. When you guys debate the realistic aspects of it, I can't help but laugh.

This game isn't intended to be realistic. Everything follows a mostly rigid pattern of upgrading, so, if there were armoured capes, they'd be bronze through rune, possibly dragon, just like every other piece of metal armour.

av.png

People just need to learn to share crabs.
I'd prefer my nether regions clear of diseases, thank you very much.
just turn off accept aids

Metal capes would not be a problem for jadex to add at all. When you guys debate the realistic aspects of it, I can't help but laugh.

This game isn't intended to be realistic. Everything follows a mostly rigid pattern of upgrading, so, if there were armoured capes, they'd be bronze through rune, possibly dragon, just like every other piece of metal armour.

Yeah, you're right.

When you people talk about how realistic Runescape is, you're forgetting alot of things. Why not talk about Delrith, dragons, goblins, imps etc? The idea of a metal cape is even more realistic, and I would not be surprised if they really did add it.

van.png

Any hockey fans out there who wants to chat, just send me a PM!!!

There is a fine line between "permitted fantasy realism" and "real world realism".

You would not be suprised to find Delrith in Runescape, but I am sure you would if it turns out you could throw a ball of wool as a powerful ranged weapon.

~Toxicologist~

I dont think its this month as there isn't something about it in the behind the scenes thing. I'd like this idea as my favourite items in rs are capes, closely followed by hats.

Although i think jagex try to keep updates a secret and it would be a bit stupid to talk about it ingame when they're probably sitting next to each other in an office.

Which is why the poster is most likely to be lying.

~Toxicologist~

Why not? I mean pkone calls cost money...talking in the fight pits doesn't...

Metal capes... Right... Why in the world would someone wear a metal cape? It's heavy, you already have armor on your back, all it does is weigh you down more. And from a game standpoint, it wouldn't flap at all, so it's not even pretty. This has to be one of the most absurd claims I've ever heard.

Why would you wear metal boot and gloves, a cape made of fire. Why does eating a fish heal flesh wounds? There are heaps of things in this game that are impractical and impossible, after all it is a fantacy based game...

I_Xpk3r_I: Future Mayhem Maker

Not that it realy matters in a game, but metal capes, even a chain cape, would be impracticle. Too heavy to manuver in as well as the weight pulling on you from the back would be trouble. Thats why when warriors of old wore their armor, they put on a chain shirt then put on their plate. The chain would be weighted on their shoulders so not to throw off their center of gravity. Then a leather cloak or cape was draped over the back to add to the protection but not to be too heavy.

Things I wish they would add would be metal gloves, IE guantlets, and boots. After all I have never seen a full set of plate armor not have guants and boots. I wonder why the devs left the boots and guants out of the smithing table.

And a stone cape (obsidian) isn't too heavy?

Not that it realy matters in a game, but metal capes, even a chain cape, would be impracticle. Too heavy to manuver in as well as the weight pulling on you from the back would be trouble. Thats why when warriors of old wore their armor, they put on a chain shirt then put on their plate. The chain would be weighted on their shoulders so not to throw off their center of gravity. Then a leather cloak or cape was draped over the back to add to the protection but not to be too heavy.

Things I wish they would add would be metal gloves, IE guantlets, and boots. After all I have never seen a full set of plate armor not have guants and boots. I wonder why the devs left the boots and guants out of the smithing table.

Why do you quote me then talk about a stupid stone cape? Have you not been reading this thread???

Tsi Ani-Yunwiya

uug3d.gifwe972.gif

Why do you quote me then talk about a stupid stone cape? Have you not been reading this thread???

Tsi Ani-Yunwiya

uug3d.gifwe972.gif