MASSIVE CAPE UPDATE!!!!!!!!

JUst now I was in the Tzhaar caves, were two Jagex Mods were fighting. They started talking about capes 2 me, and one of them said that there was going to be a massive cape update, which would feature armour capes like bronze, iron, steel ect.

Sounds good, I wonder what they'll b like?

P.S. Guthix is my lord

And 200 mogres later, I got some flippers.

akor+shardax.png

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

safespot and then take the pics

plus i highly doubt 2 jmods would talk ingame, as they would work for the company and hence know each other in real-life therefore either being in the same building at the same time OR knonwing each other's phone numbers and in turn, they wouldnt go ingame to talk, let alone a public place or a public world

Why not? I mean pkone calls cost money...talking in the fight pits doesn't...

First of all, I'm not totally ruling out the possibility that you're telling the truth. I am saying, I don't believe you, and I think it's highly unlikely.

Metal capes... Right... Why in the world would someone wear a metal cape? It's heavy, you already have armor on your back, all it does is weigh you down more. And from a game standpoint, it wouldn't flap at all, so it's not even pretty. This has to be one of the most absurd claims I've ever heard.

By the way, why would two mods be fighting each other and talking about a new update where a player could hear? Updates are typically kept to the staff until released you know.

Hosan.png

Back on topic, FORGET that he probably made it up, what if there is a massive update? And don't give me the "capes shouldn't be metal" discussion. The capes could be made out of chain-mesh and would work like a second protection for the back. Boot's aren't exactly the perfect thing to be metal either remember.

WFCrest.gif

Not that it realy matters in a game, but metal capes, even a chain cape, would be impracticle. Too heavy to manuver in as well as the weight pulling on you from the back would be trouble. Thats why when warriors of old wore their armor, they put on a chain shirt then put on their plate. The chain would be weighted on their shoulders so not to throw off their center of gravity. Then a leather cloak or cape was draped over the back to add to the protection but not to be too heavy.

Things I wish they would add would be metal gloves, IE guantlets, and boots. After all I have never seen a full set of plate armor not have guants and boots. I wonder why the devs left the boots and guants out of the smithing table.

Tsi Ani-Yunwiya

uug3d.gifwe972.gif

Not that it realy matters in a game, but metal capes, even a chain cape, would be impracticle. Too heavy to manuver in as well as the weight pulling on you from the back would be trouble. Thats why when warriors of old wore their armor, they put on a chain shirt then put on their plate. The chain would be weighted on their shoulders so not to throw off their center of gravity. Then a leather cloak or cape was draped over the back to add to the protection but not to be too heavy.

Things I wish they would add would be metal gloves, IE guantlets, and boots. After all I have never seen a full set of plate armor not have guants and boots. I wonder why the devs left the boots and guants out of the smithing table.

We already have metal boots and gloves.

A cape update would be very nice because I assume it'll be for F2p too.

I was thinking that the big Security Dungeon for F2p coming up would have a reward like new Capes or Gloves, but metal capes don't sound right..

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

imagin how much that would weigh, metal all over your body, face, legs, feets, hands, and on your back, aswell as a weapon and shield, not to mention a full inventory of shark or somthing, can you say running for 2 seconds before energy dies?

devilwar1om1qo.png

Frankly if the capes are good enough, then they may well make up 4 their weight. Also, I think that the capes may not be completely metal, but be mareial with metal sewed in. I mean, if you can have comfort gloves made of metal, you can have capes, anyway, it's a long time coming that capes had an update, so I think they might be quite a nice suprise.

P.S. Guthix is my lord

And 200 mogres later, I got some flippers.

akor+shardax.png

We already have metal boots and gloves.

Yes, we do have metal boots and gloves already, and i dont think warriors of old wore capes at all, they just got in the way. Only people of high standards, ranks, etc. would wear them to show authority.

welcometors8xn.png

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Very true, medeivel wariors could barely afford the armor they wore, let alone an elegant cape. Back then, chainmail was a total pain to make. You had to smith each ring seperately, and then connect them and weld a small portion of the rings together. This made chainmail really expensive. Plate mail was more convieniant.