Which Photoshop should I buy?

xxshady

Im hearing a lot of different types of photoshop so im confused on which one to get? Which one is the best for tech/abstract sigs and photomanips?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're not afraid of PhotoshopCS2's extrememly laggy interface, then go for it. otherwise you should get CS. Although It's not as convienent, it has all the main filters and such and just some easier shortcuts were added in CS2. If you don't want to take it from us, then just download the trial version of both to see for yourself.

knice3yf.jpg

Depends, really.

For regular sigs and stuff, 7 will do fine. It's also much cheaper than cs/cs2.

For digital paintings, illustrations, etc. you should probably look into CS or CS2.

I use photoshop 7. I find it suitable for my digital paintings, designs, and post-editing, but there are moments when I wish I had CS or CS2.

Mainly just that most art/painting brush packs released these days won't work with 7. Same goes for abstract grunge brushes, if you lean that way.

There's also the problem with sets, I really love the ability to put sets inside of sets with CS/CS2. Keeps paintings much more organised when you work with lots of layers. :D

If price isn't a problem, go for CS or CS2. If you're looking for something less expensive, ps7 works fine.

The program is only as good as its user ;)

You are aware that it is around 700 USD right?

I currently use CS2 but have worked with all of them since 5.0 if you can get a used copy of 7.0 that may be the best way to go... just remember don't rip programs.

Good Luck

~Alduron

swordsig16zk.gif

Sorry if I'm wrong, but don't you mean: "Which version should I download"

Do you seriously expect us to believe you want to purchase a very expensive legal copy of photoshop, just for tech/abstract sigs and photomanips?

Either that, or you didn't realise the pricetag that comes along with photoshop.

tipitsigte0.png

Sorry if I'm wrong, but don't you mean: "Which version should I download"

Do you seriously expect us to believe you want to purchase a very expensive legal copy of photoshop, just for tech/abstract sigs and photomanips?

Either that, or you didn't realise the pricetag that comes along with photoshop.

Oh c'mon. I'm sure there are people out there who don't use Limewire or Bit Torrent. I just recently switched from Limewire to iTunes...

There are many people out there who would be willing to pay the $700 for the product so that they don't feel guilty... I'm just not one of them...

Keep in mind that P2P file sharing is perfectly legal in many countries.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Canada, for example, has legalized P2P file downloading. Uploading isn't legal at the moment, but that can be avoided by turning of the "file sharing" options in your handy P2P tool.

There are many people out there who would be willing to pay the $700 for the product so that they don't feel guilty...

Heh.. I've never heard a sig maker that has actually bought their copy of Photoshop. :P

Of course, professional designers and digital painters is another matter... ;)

But anyways, keep in mind that PS7 can be bought for under $100 CAD... Probably even cheaper online (like e-bay)

Guest XplsvBam

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Canada, for example, has legalized P2P file downloading. Uploading isn't legal at the moment, but that can be avoided by turning of the "file sharing" options in your handy P2P tool.

There are many people out there who would be willing to pay the $700 for the product so that they don't feel guilty...

Heh.. I've never heard a sig maker that has actually bought their copy of Photoshop. :P

But anyways, keep in mind that PS7 can be bought for under $100 CAD... Probably even cheaper online (like e-bay)

But if you buy a used copy how do you know its good? The only way to tell is calling photoshop and asking them. Chances are its already registerd.

Yeah it is.

I'm (luckily) going to be getting a full, registered version of Photoshop CS2 this fall when I go to college. My school offers it for 200$.

I wish I would have the money to get it before, but its expensive for something that started as a hobby. However, now that i'm going to the 'real world', and college I figured I need a registered version. And hey, its CS2 (i have 7).