Training AFK At Bandits = Ban?

l33thunt3r

So let me get this straight...I'm browsing the forums (here or on RS) or maybe working on photoshop while playing, checking back every 30-50 seconds...That is considered AFKing and is an offense?

Jubei_Reborn.png

The Fox Returns!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i train there with my guthans and dont afk

if you are low combat you really cant afk for too long because you have to switch armor to heal

but i have seen a lot of people get teleported by their life rings from not being at the computer

thats also how i have gotten a guthans spear, whip, full rune, glory ammy, rune boots, obby cape, and obby shield ;)

shorty2av.gif

Shorty427-96 CB merchanter/skiller banned 6/27/04

The Jakal-109 CB 99 Range/Magic/Fletching, 80 runecrafting.

Kirby1288-101 CB skiller 99 fletching.

Training at bandits is stupid. Silly lazy people who don't even click to gain levels deserve to be banned.

Ok so when you fletch do you do them all at once of click each one individually?

Thought not. Theres a cook all, fletch X which allow you to AFK. So stop taking the moral highground and look at the other skills that Jagex allow you to not give your full concentration at. If it was illegal tey would have been removed wouldn't they?

Yeah I did back in classic, not sure if you know about it or not but back in classic, there was no fletch X. Wow, your right that I don't fletch them one at a time! No one does. I don't waste my time on the useless, boring skill anymore. Oh and i'll take the "moral highground" whenever I want, I live in America where there is freedom of expression, mmk?

I'm not talking about RS1. I'm saying there are skills that allow you to not consentrate fully on the game. I won't get into a poltical debate. But it's far from freedom of expression in america :-#

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Training at Bandits in Guthans = you get pked

ROFL. He doesn't mean the bandits in the wild. He means the desert bandits down in the desert bandit camp, where they auto attack if you wear anything of Saradomin or Zamorak. And they never stop auto attacking.

I tried training there while I would watch a movie, and had a few people come up to me asking for their guthan spear back. Flamming me saying they know I seen them die and picked it up after they died from a chicken. I never once seen someone die and picked up their items, but they all flame others for it since they are mad they lost it for being AFK. Those evil chickens just kill a lot of the AFKers I guess.

I don't like the bandits anyways. It seems as if it's always packed when I go there, very annoying. I didn't stay there more than 2 days.

Attack - 99/99

Defense - 97/99

A quest to be the best

• 2 weeks later...

does constantly keeping an arrow key pressed down keep you from logging? i tried an experiment but i wasnt doing anything and i logged in the regular 60 seconds. But of coiurse by members standards i am somewhat of a noob so what would i know?

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Lol it means AWAY FROM KEYBOARD, even though it just really means your not paying attention to Runescape.

I don't understand why Jagex made it a bannabel offense if THEY made them auto attack, they made guthans, they practically are asking for poeple to afk train.

And anyway I don't know why they care how your playing the game without bothering anyone, it's not like they only want the paycheck .. :roll:

you're right

it's like giving candy to a fat kid and punch him when he eats it

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

i dont think they should ban anyone at all for this..what if you dont feel like talking to the nubs that annoy you or you public to off or frends? Will you be punished because you used certain features of the game that they themself implemented?? I feel that banning anyone from afking at bandits is rediculous, what is the difference between you playign gta or somthing while afking and not paying attention or staing that the same little dude whack some crap with a spear...

Guest sword_kill11

Well, I can hardly see how going afk for hours is possible, considering that the game logges you out about 2 minutes after no keystrokes or mouse movement no matter what you are doing, even if you are fighting. But I do understand that people can move the mouse with their foot or something every once and a while to stay logged in. Either way, Jagex can't tell if you are really afk or not, since you are moving the mouse, obviously you must be there :-k

in theory actually you could be there for months without having to bank for food.. with or without guthens all you need is the bones to peaches spell.... but is it considered AFK training if you take the time to cast the spell? :-k

This rule does not seem to be enforced at all. It is very hard to prove whether or not a player is AFK, and it is just as hard to define being "AFK". I mean, I could be at my keyboard, but have my Runescape screen minimized. I could have it maximized and be watching the television, but be sitting at my computer chair. Some people have told me in the past that if a Mod talks to you directly and you do not respond, they can report you for being AFK. But let's get real, it doesn't happen, and even if it did, I really don't see Jagex taking any action.

The bottom line is, AFKing at Bandits allows a player to get very good combat experience without even having to pay any attention to the game. Jagex really should tweak the aggressiveness of these NPC's once a player has completed Desert Treasure. There is no need for them to attack God-Item equipped players for any period over 5 minutes, especially when they've completed the corresponding quest.

sig7uu.png

Well, I can hardly see how going afk for hours is possible, considering that the game logges you out about 2 minutes after no keystrokes or mouse movement no matter what you are doing, even if you are fighting. But I do understand that people can move the mouse with their foot or something every once and a while to stay logged in. Either way, Jagex can't tell if you are really afk or not, since you are moving the mouse, obviously you must be there :-k

It's funny how you come in here all smartguy like, saying you can't AFK for more than 2 minute while there has been 7 pages of discussion in which I'm sure one of those people would have mentionned it. But no one has. Because you can AFK there for hours. Don't post if you don't know what you're talking about.

Lol it means AWAY FROM KEYBOARD, even though it just really means your not paying attention to Runescape.

I don't understand why Jagex made it a bannabel offense if THEY made them auto attack, they made guthans, they practically are asking for poeple to afk train.

And anyway I don't know why they care how your playing the game without bothering anyone, it's not like they only want the paycheck .. :roll:

you're right

it's like giving candy to a fat kid and punch him when he eats it

No, it's like giving raw chicken to a fat kid, and him complaining when he gets food poisoning. If he'd have used common [bleep]ing sense, there wouldn't be any problem.

right now im fishing monks, browsing forums and checking back every 30 seconds, making sure im not getting owned by a troll or somn. i hope that ist AFKing too...

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

hehehe that would be so funny... OMG WATZORZ I LOST MY GUTHANZ WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :twisted: :twisted:

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.