Training AFK At Bandits = Ban?

l33thunt3r

You all know of the bandit camp, where you can AFK train for hours in guthan, maybe until it degrades all the way down to 0. :-w

A while ago, Jagex made AFK'ing.. er, and offense, and is a bannable act. Why do people still train there? Jagex made the bandits auto-attack, and now are negating their own shortcoming at people taking advantage of that spot.

Maybe you're not AFK, and just not talking. They would ban you like that too. #-o

Post your thoughts.

-L33t

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Training at Bandits in Guthans = you get pked

ROFL. He doesn't mean the bandits in the wild. He means the desert bandits down in the desert bandit camp, where they auto attack if you wear anything of Saradomin or Zamorak. And they never stop auto attacking.

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

Yeah i know those evil chicken are always out player killing...

Once i even had an evil cat try and kill me !!!11!11 :shock:

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

This has really been bothering me from the first time I heard the three letters spoken. Does it have something to do with the wilderness? I've heard many of my PK'er friends use the term. Or maybe something to do with auto-attacking? I really can't figure out what it stands for?

Please... what does AFK mean?

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

This has really been bothering me from the first time I heard the three letters spoken. Does it have something to do with the wilderness? I've heard many of my PK'er friends use the term. Or maybe something to do with auto-attacking? I really can't figure out what it stands for?

Please... what does AFK mean?

AFK = Away from keyboard.

Plastic+Poet.png

Lol it means AWAY FROM KEYBOARD, even though it just really means your not paying attention to Runescape.

I don't understand why Jagex made it a bannabel offense if THEY made them auto attack, they made guthans, they practically are asking for poeple to afk train.

And anyway I don't know why they care how your playing the game without bothering anyone, it's not like they only want the paycheck .. :roll:

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

whats so great about guthans, so many people are always raving avout it but idk...

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

whats so great about guthans, so many people are always raving avout it but idk...

Well.. It has the ability to heal you whatever damage you do to your opponent (Only when it does it's random special) So.. Yeah it's good, no need for food.

\'

~Proud owner of a Fire Cape~ July 9, 2006 ~At 95 Combat~

single_skill1134368743.png

#-o My good friend got banned for it, and it sux. SUX! He was 102 and he got banned becuz he was AFKing at bandits with gunthan and he told me he was gonna go get a drink, wasnt back for like 20 mins and he got disconnected ad banned, or so he said

No Legends/Legends

No Fire Cape/Fire Cape

Yes Verac/Verac

Yes Full Saradomin/Full Saradomin

#-o My good friend got banned for it, and it sux. SUX! He was 102 and he got banned becuz he was AFKing at bandits with gunthan and he told me he was gonna go get a drink, wasnt back for like 20 mins and he got disconnected ad banned, or so he said

well, afk at bandits was kind of like an answer to some peoples melee problems, oh i dont have time to melee, ill goto bandits and take a 4 hour nap.

well hey, this issue is a touchy subject, and im maybe not happy hes banned, but more like relieved people actually have to face either punishment or work for melee lvls. this seems like an unfair advantage and people are exploiting it, sort of.

have i ever been to bandits? well yea, but wow i spent like 30mins their and left that stuff blows hardcore style, terrible training ill go back to ape atoll if i ever want some seriously focused training.

surely if not watching your every hit on a bandit is a bannable offence, that means you have to watch every log be cut, every fish be caught and everybow fletched

why not just talk to someone if they are there, if you cant get a convo started then just ignore them, then go afk if you want to (even though i think you should have to work for your lvls)

Candymann16.png

Don't you automatically log out after about a minute or so? I don't see how you can stay logged on for "4 hours" while "taking a nap".

You dont log out if you are in combat, with the exception of long range combat (mage, range, hally)

I suppose I don't entirely understand your explanation. Even if you're in combat, as soon as the inactivity-auto-log-out time has been reached, as soon as you've killed the NPC you log out? I could be wrong, but I have vague memories of almost dying to a dwarf because I dozed off for a second, and auto-logged. Perhaps this is only true for random events or when you don't fight back?

I suppose I don't entirely understand your explanation. Even if you're in combat, as soon as the inactivity-auto-log-out time has been reached, as soon as you've killed the NPC you log out? I could be wrong, but I have vague memories of almost dying to a dwarf because I dozed off for a second, and auto-logged. Perhaps this is only true for random events or when you don't fight back?

the idea is, never to be NOT in combat at bandits, so u should NEVER loggout

omg flammer shut up , mabey he is f2p and doesnt know about the bandit camp in the kharadian desert

omg flammer shut up , mabey he is f2p and doesnt know about the bandit camp in the kharadian desert

Well now... someone can't take a joke.

I've never tried AFKing but it DID sound like a good idea. I guess if you are going to go AFK, you should take little short naps instead of the 4 hour ones...

Slack_Tide.png