Wouldn't horses be a simple add-on now?

I'm digging out the oldest of all suggestions just to point out how it wouldn't be so insurmountable to the engine as it once was. We can move at variable speeds, our avatars can change to different size profiles (see: turning into a mushroom, frog, or sheep), and cats show there's a basic pet support system. So I guess the main obstacle now is making the horses balanced to the rest of the game, or maybe even JAGeX's desire to keep mounts out because they're so common in "The Other Big MMORPG"?

My own thoughts on the matter of balance:

Put a stable add-on to your player house. Horse gets teleported there when you die, leave it dismounted too long outside a building, etc. Which reminds me, no horses in dungeons or buildings. A rider should get a massive attack bonus in the first round when using a spear and a smaller attack bonus for the rest of the fight, but take major damage by enemies using halberds. I think that'd breathe new life into two under-utilized weapons. I'll leave it up to responders in this thread for ideas on caretaking of the steed.

Its a fair idea but theres impracticalities about it. Such as how would you know which is yours? A character on a horse will be alot higher, so their text may not be able to be seen above their head. Also imagine fally park in world 2, Now imagine it with horses getting in the way. People already find cats annoying when in crowded places, horses are 10 times bigger. There are im sure other reasons why jagex havnt brought them out, but these are a few i can see.

And also, as to the attack bonus, I think people already have enough attacks bonus's, people with full dharoks can hit 100+, so maybe making them even stronger wont be a great idea.

90 Combat 1900+ Total

99 Crafting 99 Cooking 99 Firemaking

99 Herblore 99 Fletching 98 Farming

silverandblackfinishvr8.gif

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

my friend had an idea. for next christmas you get the reindeer whitsle. blow in it to call a reindeer that u can ride, but cant attack on. auto-retailate is automaticlly off, and cant be used in the wildy. the higher your combar the more reindeer you can call, and the faster you can go, and you can have a sled. then you can visit santa in the north pole or something....

since its big maybe to get it you have to kill a certin amount of ice warriors/giants. or maybe just run past them to settle the people who get owned by them.

what are laws for. cmon people

sapping your money, or getting rich :D

1. 50% of agility's use comes from the ability to run farther/faster

2. 2,000 people per server and most are in only a hand full of towns. How much lag is that for ppl with slow Internet conections?

3. Horses are HUGE! You ever see one before? Jagex would need to double the map size to fit them all.

The problem is one: horses are quite big. Two: the lag that would follow... three: it feels excessive and over-complicated. Four: that means when you attack (especially with melee), you have to face your opponent sideways or cut your horse's head off.

And lots of other complications I would not go into, since other people would no doubt do it for me.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Its a fair idea but theres impracticalities about it. Such as how would you know which is yours? A character on a horse will be alot higher, so their text may not be able to be seen above their head. Also imagine fally park in world 2, Now imagine it with horses getting in the way. People already find cats annoying when in crowded places, horses are 10 times bigger. There are im sure other reasons why jagex havnt brought them out, but these are a few i can see.

And also, as to the attack bonus, I think people already have enough attacks bonus's, people with full dharoks can hit 100+, so maybe making them even stronger wont be a great idea.

mabey you could see other poeples horse, but couldnt see the words of them like "examin horse", only yours

Fencal.gif

Guest arkdemon

to think about it a horse wouldn't be very cheap aswell u should have a pen for it in your house with only buildibal with a certain construction lvl and beside remember b4 there was P.O.H every1 was making it a suggestion and every1 rumored it then it came out so just w8 and jagex will bring out horses/unicors/dragons or what ever u just gotta w8 most suggestions come out evetually

I updated my article again to include the Completely worked out idea in the first post.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=450486

Read it carefully :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!