People Quitting RS, for real?

nhp_4_lyfe

Just seeing so many topics where loads of people post here saying how they're going to quit for such and such happened. Or they finally relize they seen the truth. But really, how many people find this game addictive? How many people quitted and came back after a certain period?

I tried to quit so many times already, but instead i came back to RS making my addictiveness more stronger. So i came with a new solution where instead you post a topic saying you quit, and return later on. Why not post saying, going innactive, or taking a break from RS.

For i realize the times i quitted, i always gave everything in my bank to friends, and when i come back, i come back poor, not wanting my stuff back. For it would kinda make it stink just to beg for your stuff you gave lol. If i nevered quitted, i would of still had my purple party hat, santas, masks, instead i sell them and split it amongst good friends :P but i have no rares anymore.

This way if you go innactive/break. You can decide from there if you really want to quit RS. And this will kind of trick your mind into slowly thinking RS is not that presistent of a game. So the next time you think of quitting and making a long speech for your friends and give away items, just make a simple topic saying your going to take a break. And from there you can decide your faith. For god knows how long you deicde to have your RS break for lol, or how long you plan to go innactive \'

Nighthawkpro(level-126)

Or, you could just not post at all, and save yourself the embarrassment. If anyone cares that you're leaving, they aren't here. And if they are, its a short PM away from saving Tipit the bandwidth of people hopping on your leaving topic to flame you. =]

Never did like leaving topics, people are never certain enough that they're quitting for good to give up their accounts. If you're really that sure about quitting, it shouldn't be anything to let go of your account, otherwise I see them as a cry for attention.

:boohoo:

newbankofrsyq0.gif

I quit after being screwed over for my green phat, 18 masks and 10 santas, as well as the rest of the stuff in my bank. I quit for about a year and a half, and just started playing again about 3 months ago. I figured it would be a waste of allmy hard work on being 100% f2p and the skills i have were pretty decent.

Im sure everyone here will agree that it is addictive, and many people have quit and come back. The same can be said of a lot of things, drugs for example.... COINCIDENCE??? :shock: :shock: :twisted: :anxious:

In short, Runescape is a dirty, filthy drug.

SDAlXLd.png

1543 Skill total, 100% F2P

I used to be a hard-core Runescape addict but eventually left in favor of other games and actually doing things(Omg, what an idea =D> ). Everytime I log back in and try to re-adjust, I am assaulted by the general I.Q. of 30 by the Runescape population(This doesn't apply to the great folks from Tip.It \' ). I kept all my stuff because I have a feeling eventaully I shall make my return and it shall be handy.

with teh overwhelming addiction runescape has over me I could hardly take a break. besides I don't want to quit. When I start somethign I finish it. I don't plan on stopping to I've done everything in this game

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

the only cure to runescape is another really good game, or a job and having to take care of a family. other than that, once you've become addicted you'd need to spend some serious time in the rehab center to quit.

if all my friends on runescape quit i'd be gone for good though

2 years ago i didnt really quit, jut got a ps2 and it faded out. Then i found out my friends played it and now im hooked. Oh well.

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

well said brother. on topic, i took a break from runescape for 3 months. I DID NOT QUIT i took a break. i think you are absoloutely correct and also at least 20 of my good friends have been banned for these reasons(going from most popular to least popular):

password scamming

macroing

real life item trading

convincing others to break the rules

all of these friends that were banned were their first offences and i seriously believe that they were 100% innocent. they were all made un-appealableimmediately and 3/4 of them "quit" permenantly. as you said, many (most) players who "quit" return. but i dont see how i could return. most of these people were 90-110+ and 1500 skill total and had no reason whatsoever to macro, pass scam, trade real life items, or any other of the rules. i think there is something wrong with Jagex' system of handling players who they "think" broke the rules. heres a quuote from a friend on aim(on another account notifying me he was perm banned):

[Names removed]

me: hey bro whats up? is that you're noob? pure?

him: ya its my oure mage, anyway i was permenantly banned for pass scamming

him: i was innocent tho.

me: gaaah!!! no way! are u serious???

him: ya, it appears i was screaming in varrock square the

him: old "Jagex BLocks Your Pass Scam"

me:ofmg! this is too weird, 4th time a friend's been banned this week

me: for same reason (except didnt happen to be in varrock.

him: well anyways im quiting so im droping my noobs "valuables"

him: if you can even call it that

me: aww please don't quit, i'll help you rebuild you're noob

him:nty, i've had enough of this game

me:nonono, let me giv you some runes? money? anything!!

him:sorry, no thanks, bye

me: ahhhh don't do this! u r a great-- [Name removed] HAS SIGNED OFF

that was his aim he used for his noob acc. i havent seen him online in RS or AIM on both of his RS AIM accounts for 2 weeks now. i have had several other similar conversations with other friends but they always seem to have the same outcome.

the only cure to runescape is another really good game, or a job and having to take care of a family. other than that, once you've become addicted you'd need to spend some serious time in the rehab center to quit.

if all my friends on runescape quit i'd be gone for good though

i was into WoW for a couple of months then couldnt stop thinking about how much the mining stinked and there was no woodcutting, players cant PK? not my kind of game.as for the family/job issue, i do not see how that is so... i have both a job and a family to support and i still find time to play Runescape. and c'mon now, rehab center? this is a serious thread that concerns somebody ad i think you should take it seriously as it was meant to be taken.

I quit after being screwed over for my green phat, 18 masks and 10 santas, as well as the rest of the stuff in my bank. I quit for about a year and a half, and just started playing again about 3 months ago. I figured it would be a waste of allmy hard work on being 100% f2p and the skills i have were pretty decent.

Im sure everyone here will agree that it is addictive, and many people have quit and come back. The same can be said of a lot of things, drugs for example.... COINCIDENCE??? :shock: :shock: :twisted: :anxious:

I consider an addiction something you feel you need. People that are addicted, I say to them, get a life. This is only a game. It's here for fun, and also Jagex wants money:-/ (but who doesn't?). People are tempted to play again. If I quit and gave my stuff away, I wouldn't come back and earn it all over again. I'd quit and be done. Only reason I (and a lot of others) play RuneScape is because I have nothing else to do. I would rather have a job, but do to a certain thing, it's not easy for me to find a job at the moment.

xtc+tester.png

i think that the people that permanently quit runescape are the people that get banned for no reason over combat 100 and then they relise what a waste the game was on thier lives. these are the people that would not start over. when i was a level 35 i got banned and started over but it was not an unfair ban but now i own. but if i was over 100 i do not think i would have the same attitude.

as for the people posting it kind of annoys me. like hundreds of people quit everyday for one reason or another. most come back after a while of fun in real life and get readdicted. the half that gave all items to friends and quit hardcore then they come back and are slightly less addicted or they neverthink about runescape.

i think only post if you are quitting runescape and tipit usually the people that do this quit because rs has ruined thier lives in one way or another. :cry:

but....banned people that are over 1700 skill total usually never come back to rs and if they do they either had a prepared submain :lol: or are just making a pure.

StarViv.png

Since there is therapy for people addicted to drugs, alcohol, etc. I think they have one for addictive games like runescape :mrgreen:

there are things like this. hospitals that help ppl that are addicted to computer games.. :boohoo:

Zonhottie.png

Currently training all skills to or above 60.

Barrows drops: 87 runs done so far. Torag Platebody on 4th run. Guthan Chainskirt on 35th run. Dharok Helm on 45th run. Torag platelegs on 49th run. Ahrim Robeskirt on 86th run.

If you really want to quit runescape the first step is this:

https://masterb.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/runescape/unsubscribe.ws

It should all just come naturally after that.

I lol'd irl, anyway I do think RS issoooo addictive.

I've tried to quit and even have quit(or so I thought...it was like 2-3 months rofl) but something always pulls me back in (macroing was my big case back in rsc making it easy for me to rebuild-NOTE I DO NOT ADVOCATE PLAYERS TO DO THIS :shame: ) I came back to rs2 as a woodcutter, made money off that and then built back up off fletching and then back to merchanting.

I wouldn't underestimate the addictiveness of computer games. Studies have shown that (pschological) addictions are caused by chemicals related to pleasure within the brain. I can quite imagine that someone could become addicted to the pleasure of raising that elusive level, or getting a good drop. Think of gambling addictions.

Would you tell a gambling or drug addict to 'get a life'?

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

I wouldn't underestimate the addictiveness of computer games. Studies have shown that (pschological) addictions are caused by chemicals related to pleasure within the brain. I can quite imagine that someone could become addicted to the pleasure of raising that elusive level, or getting a good drop. Think of gambling addictions.

Would you tell a gambling or drug addict to 'get a life'?

Studies have also shown that playing computer games can be compared to have the same effect as meditating.

(it's really true)

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

I never actually quit Runescape...I just get bored of it and ignore it for days/weeks/months/etc until theres a reason to get interested again.

I don't think I'm really addicted though. I play other games and visit other sites and (gasp) go to work and school without letting Runescape affect it. Unless you wanna say I'm addicted to killing boredom... :-#

XXXX says I'm a noob. And then keeled me with his troop of lvl 100 CW buddies.

Yay for being a Dead Noob. XD

Just seeing so many topics where loads of people post here saying how they're going to quit for such and such happened. Or they finally relize they seen the truth. But really, how many people find this game addictive? How many people quitted and came back after a certain period?

If the only reason you still play the game is because you're 'addicted' and not because it's actually a fun game then maybe yes, you might have a problem. We're not talking about crack here.

If you really want to quit runescape the first step is this:

https://masterb.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/runescape/unsubscribe.ws

It should all just come naturally after that.

I totally seccond that, I stopped being member... now rs isn't as fun as it used to be...

and they bloody censor everything now (even my name!!!)

though you can say f...