The "Phat" hat story

Anti

I appeared outside a strange castle, fresh from the wizard that teleported me. I saw people all around, there were more here then were before. The castle looked fancy, but it seemed there was nobody inside, so instead I walk through to front, then I head to the north, where I encounter my first real monster. I slay him, pickup the bones, examine them, then bury them.

Strange....... Nothing seems to have happened.

Well, moving on. I decide to explore, and head south, for I thought of exploring a bit, and what better place to do that then a forest? I soon come upon some strange spiders, but they are easily dispatched. Moving further ahead I encounter what seems to be a tribe of goblins....but I see no leader. I deem them unworthy of my time. Just past that, I sot a road, and so I follow it. Well, I attempt to. See, there was this human...a jail guard. I ran away, he was hitting me quite badly. He would be disposed of later. I then reached the large city. There appeared to be a bank in it, so i went and quickly deposited all that I had. Ok...what now? I pondered for a bit, saw some trees below the bank, and went to cut them. Turns out I couldn't, for I had not the skill in woodcutting. That would change later on. I also spot some fishing spots, and take out my net. I bring my axe and tinderbox to start a fire as well.

I fill my inventory, cut down a nearby tree, and eat some shrimp to restore my lost health. I start heading north, but the path cuts a turn...... So I decide to follow. I do, then the path reaches another turn... It seems the way north is more densily populated, and I had figured I had done enough exploring for a bit, so I headed into what I thought would be a little village. I walk into it, and find this "little village" to be a sprawling metropolis, and I saw my minimap loaded with dots everywhere. I moved to the west a bit, and suddenly, I saw something I never dreamed of. A huge line of people, with one person who looked quite powerful and had some sort of silly hat on his head. I accidently right clicked, and found I had the option to follow this great man. I did, and he led me, along with about 50 or so others, to a little bridge, didn't seem like there would be any harm. I followed him, and then we reached what seemed to be yet another palace, this one even grander then the last. It's beauty shown in it's stone, and I saw brave knights training outside. I would talk to them later, and see what they would tell me.

Suddenly, random items started to appear on the ground. I scrambled, as did everybody else, and managed to pick up a few small items. Swords of iron and steel, A battleaxe of "mithril". Strange. I'd find out what these were used for later on. I began to lose interest, for I had not picked anything up for a while.

I moved to a corner, to talk to a squire. Seemed like an unimportant person, quite like me. Perhaps we could start some sort of friendship? And then, I see the little hat then man was wearing pop in front of me, so strange. Yet, it seemed quite like a joke, and I did semi-like the way it shone on his head, leaving a little circle in the middle. It seemed like a toy

crown. Very interesting, I know. I picked it up, and jauntily put it on my head.

Suddenly, I was an extreme center of attention. There were now more people following me then the other man, who I had just noticed was quite baren, for he had dropped all he had. I followed him, and brought the entire troup with me. I bid him farewell, he smiled and said "have fun with it".

What did he mean? The hat? Such a pointless hat, yet, so mysterious. Ah well, I kept it on my head.

By now, there were dozens of people following me, and I knew there must be sometihng special about this hat. Many were yelling out "phat", and it seemed there were using some sort of slang.

Well, I ran out of the city, bothered by so much attention, and tryed to retrace my steps to that little city I had encountered before. It didn't seem so big anymore. Interesting, I thought. Ah well. I thought of fishing, but then I decided to ignore it, and instead pay my friend the jailguard a visit. I entended on showing him my "phat" hat. But as I walked toward him, he started hitting me yet again. I attempted to run, as I was being slaughtered, but just then a chat screen popped up on my window, and when I went to look back, I had reappered in that first castle with the words "Oh dear you are dead!" etched into the botom of my screen. My first death. Well, from there I would learn, I suppose. I've got to pay more attention. I said that I had to go to my friend, closed the chat screen, and went on my way. Ah well, that was quite interesting for my first day. I least I still retained my more important items in the bank, thank goodness I had only lost that silly hat. Well, perhaps I shall encounter on another day. Till then, I'll log off for now.

Post what you think, A short story I made up as I went along.

Just trying to get the old brain working. :3>

Whaddaya think?

Does anyone happen to know death_siren? She stole a green mask from me, and I think I found my way into her ignore list. If you know anything, please, don't hesitate to give me a pm.

I looved your other story :3>

This one was more in depth. I thought it was good, gave a god veiw on values IMO.

It fit nicely together and had a good meaning. Good write \'

babydz3.jpg

The Carter III

"I can get your brains for a bargain, like I bought it from Target.

Hiphop is my supermarket, shoppin' cart full of fake hiphop artists."

Ah thanks. =)

Does anyone happen to know death_siren? She stole a green mask from me, and I think I found my way into her ignore list. If you know anything, please, don't hesitate to give me a pm.

Very nice to see a story that would be true to everyone that hasn't played runescape....of course on a techincality...you keep 3 items so you would keep it...but oh well

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

No.

Rethink that.

He still had his sword wielded, and he had his fishing net he used to catch the fish.

He also had the fish he caught.

Ok then, I must have ignored that because you said all your important stuff was in the bank, and you have decided not to go fishing. And from what I have be told Phats are 40gp to a general store and shrimps cost less that than, as do some swords.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Bah, it's just a story.

Calm down. =)

Ok, so maybe he picked up a few other items during the drop party?

How's about that?

Edit:

I edited the story.

Maybe that'll help?

=)

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like not a lot of people like this. =(

It's my favorite.

actually i would like to comment, anyways to me it wasn't very descriptive at all* i foudn a monster i slaughtered it* or something that's not really descriptive, but anyways if there was more detail it would be good, but its still not half bad.

Descriptive?

I bet you dunno what descriptive IS.

THIS is "descriptive."

I coulda used maybe three sentences to describe what happened, but I didn't.

Not descriptive....pffft. :notalk:

Thank you, and I will.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't worry, next on I get will be all yours. :D

Aren't we all? :3>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
actually i would like to comment, anyways to me it wasn't very descriptive at all* i foudn a monster i slaughtered it* or something that's not really descriptive, but anyways if there was more detail it would be good, but its still not half bad.

I tend to disagree with this quote... after all, this is a new player, who doesn't really know what's going on.

Very nice story! It definitely came from a new player's point of view. And even if it's not that correct, so what. It's nice. \'

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

oomg....if i lose a phat when i am a lvl 3 and later know about it i would die, faint and rest for eternity :boohoo:

nice story, my heart was beating, thought it was true when i read it...

~!RuNeScApE rUlEs!~

!!!ChAoS wIlL rULl fOr EvEr!!!

the_nerd.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments. :D