Bad Jagex! Bad!

weirdguy0101

Okay, well the alchemists playground used to be a great place to get low level mage xp for one reason: when you did a low alch, it would give you the same xp for high alch (even the 3 dings). This would mean you could take your low alch number and /3. Have to do 900 low alches? jsut go to arena and do 300!

But i went there today and i would often use low alch because it is closer to the top, I only got 1 ding. Checking XP said i only got low alch xp. This has to be one of the worst hidden updates.

(P.S. i didn't put it in hidden updates because this is a big thing. It really should not have been hidden!)

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

are you saying you cant high alch there any more?

or low alch?

You can low alch there and high alch, butt the xp for low alch there has been cut in 3

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

hmm never low alched there before so i dont know... ohh and hi condor

hope you get a fire cape soon

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

I think this is one of the better hidden updates actually. They corrected what was obviously a mistake they made.

fan of her's.
You know what I hate? People putting an apostrophe on a personal pronoun. STOP IT.

that sounds more like a bug fix if you ask me

I mean why should low alch of been giving 3 times the normal xp for it?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

On the bright side, you're there for the gold coins that bring the real xp.

So, with 1 ding, you can low alc VERY FAST and gather your 30 coin items much faster.

Now, I call that a trade-off. With Hi-alc, I gather about 20k gp an hour, with about 660 spells cast. I know this as for a bit I was SELLING the gp for nats (15 to 20 gp per Nat). Decent way to net cash and some mage xp.

Test out how many you can get with low alc. The more money you get can offset if not REALLY offset the xp you lost from the spell itself.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

What the... 15-20 gp per nat? isnt it more like 225-300 ? sorry if i'm wrong

he meant trading the gp you get in the arena (which is different to the outside of the arena gp) for nats. the highest gp you can alch in there is 30.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

that sounds more like a bug fix if you ask me

I mean why should low alch of been giving 3 times the normal xp for it?

That's what I would've thought...The only error they've made here is having it like that in the first place.

How many runescape players does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the bulb and the other 49 to complain about how it was better before.

THE MODS THERE ARE COMPLETE AND UTTER IDIOTS!

So why are you here?

Anyway, are people getting more xp from using low alc there? That's the big question.

Since you get 30 gp from low alc or high alc, let's make some assumptions:

Hi-alc: Gather and alc 8 items per 30 gp switch

Lo-alc: Gather and alc 11 items per 30 gp switch

Hi-alc: 66 xp x 8 + 30 x 2xp x 8 = 528 + 480 = 1008xp

Lo-alc: 31 xp x 11 + 30 x 2xp x 11 = 341 + 660 = 1001xp

So, for lo-alchemy to be the more efficient experience, you have to alc at least 12 items per switch. So, you're getting pretty good xp even after this switch.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit