Take this my children and do with it what you will!

Ubuntu

I was in the process of writing this two months ago but it slipped away from me. Now I'm counting on one of you to finish it and clean it up, so it can be presented on the official forums in the hopes that Jagex will accept it. I have posted it below and on Docly.com. This work is Public Domain.

Read at Docly.com (copy and paste URL): http://docly.com/docly/view.asp?docid={E184B670-7BAE-47D8-B615-DA45B37DEF63}

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅRule 7 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Macroing (also known as autoing) You must not attempt to use other programs (e.g. bots, macros or autominers) in conjunction with our games to give yourself an unfair advantage at the game.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

firstly, on point 1. why penalise the genuine skillers, who pride themselves on having the skills they do whilst retaining a combat level of 3? point 2: the people running the macroers create the account, get it through tutorial island, then let the macroer run free.

in regards to most of your other suggestions, its seems like you have put alot of time and effort into writing them, but they are all pretty pointless and stupid. most of these are just "inconveniences" that would make the creators of the macroer programs need to reprogram for whatever random events or gate locks jagex throws at them. there isnt anything here that a) would work or B) we havent heard before. sorry, but this isnt gonna cure the macroer problem.

Stallion4589.png

in regards to most of your other suggestions, its seems like you have put alot of time and effort into writing them, but they are all pretty pointless and stupid. most of these are just "inconveniences" that would make the creators of the macroer programs need to reprogram for whatever random events or gate locks jagex throws at them. there isnt anything here that a) would work or B) we havent heard before. sorry, but this isnt gonna cure the macroer problem.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with that part. Macroers are just getting too smart these days =/

I am a tree.

ip bans dont work anymore. the existance of dynamic ip addresses have made that type of punishment inneffective. i get banned, i changed my ip address, i can play again.

lavirylime, its terrible that you have to agree, but its all true, isnt it? the only thing so far that made a significant dent in macroing was the update of the games engine. that cut macro numbers by alot.

Stallion4589.png

I have a possible solution to people creating multiple macroers, only allow up to 5 accounts per email address, this will cause the creators to create multiple email addresses, which will most likely make them use automated programs to create new email addresses, the they will have to create a complex code that takes these automated email addresses and inputs them into another device which then creates 5 accounts for each email address. This would all require a very vast knowledge of programming and the ability to get aroudn not one, but two web sites with the ability to detect automatyed software.

Also for the auto-ban lvl 3's, it should be solely an audio message which tells you a series of 3 numbers, but this still would inconvenience pure skillers greatly.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

It's an ok idea, but it can punish skill purers.

But what they say is true, macroers are just too smart these days. Randoms were a great idea, but macroers found a route around.

However, I will agree the verication code is a good idea. They are commonly used on other sites for people registering accounts. Also, maybe Jagex could ask for more personal information when you sign up for f2p. Like adresses, phone numbers, etc... This would make it alot harder for macroeing companies to create accounts, and Jagex can make conenctions to where some of these companies may be working from, and what information seems to match throughout various accounts.

This way they could ban these companies, or press charges against them in some way.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

ok i total support you. i think another way to banned the macroers is to ban all account that use the same computer to log on. im not well with my internet terms but every time u log on to runescape it says "you last logged on yesterday from: (some address goes here) so if you banned all the accounts that use that address u could get rid of all those acconts on that computer even if the person has a human account he uses that account will get banned as punisment for even using autos. anybody get what im saying?

What Stallion4589 said:

"ip bans dont work anymore. the existance of dynamic ip addresses have made that type of punishment inneffective. i get banned, i changed my ip address, i can play again."

Dynamic IPs don't really need to be manually reset. They generally reset on their own after a few hours or so anyway.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Dynamic IPs don't really need to be manually reset. They generally reset on their own after a few hours or so anyway.

thanks for the clarification. that makes ip bans even more useless. and what if a normal runescape player with a dynamic ip inherits a banned ip? should they be unable to play runescape for that time because of someone else with a dynamic ip?

Stallion4589.png

Dynamic IP adresses only change the last number or so. I have been banned from a couple of game (Proven my innocence :wink: ) and got unbanned. When you IP ban somebody you usually ban only one of those IP adresses. Also, you can call up your Internet provider (Rogers, Symaptico, whatever you use) And have them change it to something completely different.

The optimal.

do not really agree. i definatly do not agree with asking for phone numbers or adress when signing up for free2play. because if they did that then thier profit would go down cause not many people give that info to a game until they will pay for it. this also inconvinionces skill pures. combat level 4 is so easy it is not even funny.

StarViv.png

well done for trying...seems to me that macroers can get round a lot of stuff. it seems to me that runescape is perfect for macroers as its so repetative...another problem is the legal accounts that get caught up in the war against macroers, such as pure skillers who dont like combat and prefer to mine or woodcut to make cash which they then use to merch (merchers are useful in my eyes...if we were all too busy training who would be selling the stuff we need?).

what would be a good idea is those random code generators that you get when you make an email account or summat. you have a pic of some letters and numbers and you have to manually input the code. this would make a good random event in my opinion...monster npc if you fail 3 times or dont input in a certain ammount of time?

anyways good luck with your ideas on stopping macroers.

p.s i think i killed a macroer with my pure the other day and it was lvl 40...im pretty sure they were a pure miner as they auto-attacked me back and didnt run, eat, speak, use a weapon, have any armour or anything.

if your thinking "ZOMG WHY WERE YOU FIGHTING MINERS IN THE WILD?" well my friend the wildy was created to fight (and kill :twisted:) other players and its my (as well as anyone elses) right (, responsibility and pleasure) to kill anyone who comes in the wildy. therefore i dont care what you think.

weednbkdq9copyhz4.jpg

Empire Mind:Nbk killed your clan.

NATURAL BORN KILLERS

JUST LIKE THAT

These ideas are going to die if someone doesn't adopt them...

you mean these ideas are going to die if the topic doesnt get bumped. sorry dude, but the ideas just dont work. they are not a logical or practical solution to the macroing problem, so i think the best place for them is somewhere on the 76th page.

Stallion4589.png

These ideas are going to die if someone doesn't adopt them...

you mean these ideas are going to die if the topic doesnt get bumped. sorry dude, but the ideas just dont work. they are not a logical or practical solution to the macroing problem, so i think the best place for them is somewhere on the 76th page.

There's a 76th page?