A friend in need?.... I am a jerk..

Kejixu

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm just a bad person, and not a good friend, but i've reported friends for more serious rulebreaking (e.g. things that arn't offensive language). I've known all the incredibly bad language since elementry school, it's not going to kill me to see it. It's also hard to hold a conversation sometimes without bringing up things runescape's censors don't approve of.

Anyways: I say talk with him, say he's going to get banned, why waste that kind of money on a game, etc. etc. etc. the whole nine yards suggested earlier.

I also suggest reporting him if he buys any more money, to prevent him from keep spending money on a frivolous little game such as runescape.

I think I would have reported him too. It's a game for god sakes why would you spend real life money on non tangible toys. I just dont get it. I'm a lvl 100 and have worked darn hard to get there and I dont have all the pretty toys that other people have, so what. I think you saved him from himself. It also isnt fair that people flaunt the rules at the expense of others. :thumbsup: for reporting him. And :shame: on your friend

Yah until I hit around 80 cb and I saw the CHEATING SCUM BANNED on the front page, I reallly didn't know you could cheat on the game because I would have never even thought of it.

ON TOPIC: Let your friend buy all the gp he wants, he'll get caught in the long run and admit his mistakes. Because overall, he is still your friend isn't he? I tjust sounds like you are a little jealous.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

this is a really tough situation. Basically, he should not have put you in that situation. Although it must have pained you to do so, I think that you did the right thing in reporting him. He is effectively funding macroers and other game cheaters who are ruining the game for the rest of us.

Hopefully he'll realise his mistake now, having got a temp ban. I'm sure Jagex will be monitoring his acc for unusual transactions and he'll get banned if he tries it again. Maybe he'll start to realise the bigger picture, and the other people he affects in this game.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

Reporting him would be more for his own good. If it goes on for too long and he gets banned, he'll have wasted all that money. The sooner, the better.

That must have been the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life, hands down.

For the record, by reporting him, he gets banned earlier, and thus it is more likely for all that money he spent to go to waste.

I would never report a friend, no matter what they were doing. I think right now the people saying they would report him haven't put themselves in his shoes. How would you like it if someone you knew and trusted reported you?

It's ridiculous.

Not only that, but the fact that money can be bought, that's something offered to not specifically him, but all players. Although it's against the rules, nobody can discredit the validity of the statement that everyone has the opportunity.

He's just a little less frugal than the rest of us, decided to take a roundabout way into becoming rich. What's the problem with that? If you want to be rich, do what he does.

Good riddance.

67th member to join Tip.it

99 Attack

99 Strength

99 Defense

99 Hitpoints

99 Mage

99 Range

99 Summoning

99 Slayer

99 Prayer

If somebody does immoral things in a GAME I would be worried about their choices when it comes to something ACTUALLY important. Taking the easy way out in a game is not a good sign for when times get tough. If you can't trust them to act like an adult in game then you shouldn't expect more in real life.

I don't waste my time on amoral or immoral jerks. I have sent more than one "friend" in real life packing because of things such as underage (by a 7 year difference) statatory rape, theft, date-rape, rascism, and many more things. In game I have reported then ignored people that I have know for months for scamming items/unids, abusing the wildy skull bug, macroing, etc.

I have 2 young daughters and a very attractive wife; I do not need to have people around me that I can't even trust not to cheat on a game. I only associate with people of the same moral fiber because nobody's friendship is more valuable than the trust required.

Once you break that moral barrier that prevents you from doing things that you know you shouldn't and choose to do wrong, it becomes SO much easier to do it again. If you get any sort of positive reinforcment... then forgeddaboudit. That is why I say "Once a cheater, ALWAYS a cheater." but am not referring about gaming; I am referring to relationships.

Talk to him (you did). Report him (you did). Tell him to call you when he grows up. Until then, move on; he is not worth the wait.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

I feel guilty, so guilty.

I reported him.. and he got only a 2 day ban, but he is very angry at me.

Cursing me from left to right..

No more membership for me now...

And whoever said the reporting thingy was annoymous, you are wrong, he got the transcrips and everthing

I feel stupid, so stupid.

Let me get this straight: He buys over $600 worth of rs gold and only gets a 2 day ban when Duke, a pmod and well-known man of high status, sells some gold on ebay and gets an immediant perm ban?? #-o

Is that what happened to duke? :( I guess Ill have to delete him now. God he had 12 phat sets :o

limdog.png

i wouldn't report him, but tell him the dangers of buying rs gp, and show him the amount of cash in rl he has spent, compare it to something else he could have bought. get him to take a weeks break, and make him realise that as soon as he stops playing the game he will realise what an idiot he was for spending $600. if he spends anymore money i would seriously consider reporting him, regardless of what others think, friends are there to help, your not a friend for letting him waste thousands of his hard earned money, it would be for his own good.

I agree 100%,

finally ive seen a posted opinion on this forum which involved intelligence, if this forum had rep id give it to you.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid it will never begin.

ok, you reported him for breaking a rule (Real life trading), why shouldn't he report you for the rule you broke (having a non-familey member pay for membership)?

And i wish people would stop saying "its dumb to spend money on pixels," its not dumb. Some people spend $100's each year on video games and stuff. If this guy is rich, you can't blame him for "waisting" some money on entertainment. I'm sure he thinks of it as, i could spend this money going on a vacation, or i could eat out at a fancy restraunt a few times a month, i could buy a new TV, or spend it on buying mills on runescape (which would save him hours of "laboring" and leave the "fun'er" part of the game such as PKing and stuff where you need money). All off these things are entertainment, why does it matter what he does...Im sure its not like hes selling his house to buy RS money.

Besides the argument of its adgaist the rules, and it funds autoers, i dont really see anything wrong with it. It sounds like its not going to have a huge negative effect on his life. Of corse he runs a risk of being banned but thats his choice.

RSN: Bantam222 [105 combat] [1578 total level]

1gp.jpg

Support my quest for 1600 Skill Total!

well i would report him..becouse like i think your doing him a favor..if he keeps on buying money he wont have any money in real life and he will be on the doll in no time if he dont know what he is doing.. :S

scottresizingbt4go5.jpg

If u are reading this i am stealing your wallet....lol

ok, you reported him for breaking a rule (Real life trading), why shouldn't he report you for the rule you broke (having a non-familey member pay for membership)?

And i wish people would stop saying "its dumb to spend money on pixels," its not dumb. Some people spend $100's each year on video games and stuff. If this guy is rich, you can't blame him for "waisting" some money on entertainment. I'm sure he thinks of it as, i could spend this money going on a vacation, or i could eat out at a fancy restraunt a few times a month, i could buy a new TV, or spend it on buying mills on runescape (which would save him hours of "laboring" and leave the "fun'er" part of the game such as PKing and stuff where you need money). All off these things are entertainment, why does it matter what he does...Im sure its not like hes selling his house to buy RS money.

Besides the argument of its adgaist the rules, and it funds autoers, i dont really see anything wrong with it. It sounds like its not going to have a huge negative effect on his life. Of corse he runs a risk of being banned but thats his choice.

Check and mate. Seriously, all the morons who keep acting like he has some disease where he's ruining his life are idiots. Please clear out every other moronic post on this thread except for Bantam's and lock it.

124 Combat

Retired Echo of Silence Council

http://rseos.com/forums/

true..

these arguements wcahnged my idea just a bit..

but tell him to wait before i becomes nov0life

quiting his job for rs...

its a good thing

better now then 5grande and 5 p hat sets later

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

Imagine you were in his shoes, would you want one of you'r very good friends to back stab you and report you ?

I've learn't this rule in school many times and i will share it with you:

" Do unto others as you would want other to do unto you "

Think about that ...

Imperial_120.png

OMFG!!! what kind of people are you?! NEVER EVER report him! For his own good? No! NO! and NO! it's like backstabbing someone. if you don't think it's right, what he is doing, then tell him your feelings about the situation.

i would quit a relationship with anybody, who'd report me to any authorities for any reason immediately.

just explain in detail, why you think what he is doing is wrong. if you can't convince him, then what he is doing is probably his way. (i'm talking in general here, you can apply this to much more, then only on rs) If he filthy rich, then a couple hundred bucks maybe really don't matter to him.

maybe you are just jealous about the things he got in rs. if that is the reason you want to report him, then don't. hm.. slowly i understand the point.

well anyway. i'd say it'd still be backstabbing, because the only reason you know he is rl item trading is because you know him in rl.

in the end you got me a bit unsure. i just know, that if i'd report him it wouldn't do anything good for my conscience

oh yah and:

dont report him just because he bought the money. who cares do what you need to do and he'll do what he needs to do.

amen

Imagine you were in his shoes, would you want one of you'r very good friends to back stab you and report you ?

I've learn't this rule in school many times and i will share it with you:

" Do unto others as you would want other to do unto you "

Think about that ...

:-s in what......? the 1st grade? you must be 5 years old

nversaydie13.png

20i9enb.jpg

trapped1yn6.png

PKERS CAN ALL BE DAMNED TO HELL!

I have this really good friend that is a real estate agent in real life that works at home. He is soo filthy rich.

Getting hooked on Runescape, he looked on to me as a guide to his unfamiliar surroundings. What I got in return was an all paid expense trip to membership :P. However, 50 combat levels in one day from him were relatively surprising to me. This is how a harmless game, is maybe turning into an obsessive addiction for my friend.

Hooked would be an understatement. Pretty soon, me and him would kind of get competitive in stats and gp. He got the hang of merchanting pretty quickly yet so naive of the big picture, like he only would sell white knights armory :shock: which wouldn't produce as much as a profit as some of the other items in the game.

On one faithful day, after he saw the power of maging... my friend turned to the dark side. Money didn't seem to matter much when it came to gaming. Since he was so wealthy in real life, he gazed upon the idea real world trading thinking it was no big deal.

My friend assumed that a lot of people were doing this; gullible enough to believe the website claiming that Jagex didn't mind. No matter how much I warned him about getting banned, he just would not yield.

Just a couple days ago he spent of 600 USD and bought 100 mil. With that much gp, he bought full infinity, full dragon, 10 mil worth of runes and with much gold to spare. I feel the hungry little monster inside of him, wanting to buy more and more gold; increasing his chances of him getting a permanent vacation from Runescape.

I want prevent the thing that provocation him, but yet, I want to take a step back and observe. I can't help getting a tinge jealousy. A small part of me wants to do the right thing; the urge to click the report button.

I'll be adding on to this as time goes along...I just really need your opinions on what to do.

----------

I have reported him..he is mad..very mad since he has recieved a 2 day ban.

reporting him won't help. people who cheat/scam/ buy their way in runescape don't ever enjoy rs as much as honest players. they choose to play runescape that way, so why interfere. if you think that it has become a real problem then talk with him, but don't get him banned. that's just asinine.

This thread has raised a heate discussion, I guess it was a very deep, possibly unanswerable question, so I guess it was a good idea to ask it :wink: .

Eh, I'll stay out of this flame war though- I've still got a few burns from the last one I was in.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

But it's better now that he gets banned when he spends $5000 real money on 5 blue p hats and gets banned :shame:

5k for 5 blue phats? you 1 blue phat is almost 5k

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

I wouldnt report him, but I would just shove him all the evidence that JaGeX hates real world item traders, and say "if you want to spend $500 to get yourself banned, go ahead with it".

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif