Official Update topic 7/17/2006: Pyramid Plunder

pokemama

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the sceptres only come from the gold chests?..Or can they be found in the urns also...? :?

Chest and sarcophagus. I haven't heard anyone getting from an urn, but I hope it's wrong.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

I got one, did the first trip trying it out, realised chest and sarcophogus are the way to go. ran over to agility spot and sold my junk for about 1k

went back and powered my way to second lvl. bam got a septer.

I spent 45 mins this morning going in and out of doors, it must have been buggy no mummy.

went back and scored one.

They are REALLY nice, unlimited teles to the three pyramids. (with recharge from mummy there)

Nice they are, and I hate theiving.

edit here are the stats if you weild it.

+7 stab

-1 slash

+25 crush

+10 mage

0 range

Def.

+2 stab

+3 slash

+1 crush

+10 mage

0 range

other bonus is offensive +32 str.

http://rsdo.net/sigs/users/s/sharkeater75.png

126 combat. 2001 total. 101 prayer. and off to go WoWin.

WHEEE NO MORE RANDOMS!!!! -.-

That's BS, the knowledge base says the sceptre has charges:

The sceptre only holds three charges, but you can recharge it by giving the Guardian Mummy a number of artefacts from within the pyramid. You will need 24 pottery or ivory artefacts, 12 stone artefacts or 6 gold artefacts to recharge the sceptre.

77yLQy8.png

EDIT2: Nevermind I don't need help anymore =D.

Guess I have another question:

Do desert clothes/boots help with anything? Slow the intake of the waterskins maybe?

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

sceptreac4.png

The easiest way to get one I found was to run in the pyramid and search only the grand chests and sarcophagi, then quickly go to the next room. Forget about the urns until you've reached the furthest room your theiving lvl allows you to get.

I got mine in the lvl 4 sarcophagus, and so far everyone else I know got it in the exact same place. I've done the lvl 8 room about 20 times and doesn't seem to be any better then the lvl 1 room. Looks like the lvl 4 room is the hot spot for this.

(yes it's tradable)

vashygzw4.jpg

That's BS, the knowledge base says the sceptre has charges:

The sceptre only holds three charges, but you can recharge it by giving the Guardian Mummy a number of artefacts from within the pyramid. You will need 24 pottery or ivory artefacts, 12 stone artefacts or 6 gold artefacts to recharge the sceptre.

lol its unlimited man, tele to that last pyramide and then use to go to mummy and mummy again, pick up 12 or whatever quick stone thinggys and recharge. or just use the three. Point is its essentially unlimited and grants some easy theive xp getting it.

ok with that outta the way, kingvash is correct at least from my situation, I got mine from the sarc. but on the second floor.

Please nit picking people, as I was thinking of updating and giving the stats and didn't fully explain, but an hour or three later try to find fault and proove their amazing analytical powers of proofreading find a way to contribute, check the times. ;)

point is this thing rocks, forces you to grab a lil theive xp every two spell changes, and is UNLIMITED, it doesn't dissapear. I am trusting that the upcoming mage set this month will make this an invaluable item, and I mearly posted this out of Joy, Elation, and as the seed of hope that it is obtainable.

=) this puppy is cool. mages, enjoy.

the question is can we get dupes, as the staffs are able to be gotten if not in ones bank!

http://rsdo.net/sigs/users/s/sharkeater75.png

126 combat. 2001 total. 101 prayer. and off to go WoWin.

WHEEE NO MORE RANDOMS!!!! -.-

The update is nice - not one of the greatest, but nice.

Unless the next new spell system will change the situation, the currnet update is simple a new method to train thieving - and as such it is good, no complains at all.

Before it came up, I was training at the safes near rogue's den (much quicker then master farmer or other pickpocket npc), and the new method is much quicker. I was lv57 when i fist got there, and I earned 2 levels quickly.

I dought jagex will lower the exp - if they will do so, the minigame will be soon abandoned, becasue its main use and profit is the quick exp (much more then in pest control, not to mention the rfd chest).

As for influence on the market: im not sure the staff will be a great succes, unless it will gain new uses in the next updates. The main benefits from it will be to those who constantly use the minigame - it will give them a quicker way to restock (comparing to the nardah method described below).

on the other hand, maybe the prices of super-antipoison (and also irits and unicorn horns) will go up a bit, for those potions are used very quickly over there.

As for invontory (for higer cb levels):

i take 2 super anti-poison(4) - enough for 8+ trips,

blackhide armor + dmed and whip for the mummies,

8-10 lobs

1 space for gp

1 waterskin and 1 bucket (to fill it - needed when you ran to sell the artifacts)

ectophial (in case a quick escape is needed).

the rest of the inv is for the artifacts.

the easiest way to restock on food and antipoison is to take the flying carpet to polinevich and then nardah, bank, then returen the same way (800 gp total cost).

L.Bellatrix.png

Slayer: 85/85, Herblore: 82/82, Farming 81/82, def 99/99.

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

Dragon drops: 4 half shields, 2 dragon spears | whip drops: 5.

barrow drops: Ahrim's hood

Guess I have another question:

Do desert clothes/boots help with anything? Slow the intake of the waterskins maybe?

Yup, they lenghten the time you get damaged and drink waterskins while in the desert.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Iggy's strategy (using sceptre):

-inventory-

gold slot

6 food (i'm using salmon and a monkfish as backup)

lockpick

rest of slots enough for all the artefacts

holding: scepter

What I do:

Plunder from every chest and get through the rooms till my last one.

I put on pro prayer so i can ignore the scarabs.

(They deal 3 dmg as you open the chest but they don't poisono you til they attack)

Poison free and almost damage free until my last room

Urns, Sarcophagus, and chest in last room

Take damage and poison from the urns and eating if needed.

Leave.

(If there's something attacking you and you can't click the glowing door and the option fast enough, go back through the [bleep]es to the other glowing door cuz they don't follow past there.)

I walk to agility pyramid and sell stuff.

Walk to Nardah dying of thirst, bank if needed,

(walking is -much- faster than carpet *imagines long carpet run back and forth*)

Pray, restore health, and get a health boost from their altar

Teleport to thieving pyramid.

Gotta recharge it every 3 trips tho.

It's not as fast xp as what some other ppl are doing but i like it, it's low on resources. I suppose you could last longer if you substituted the food for better and more or something

started at the beginning of lvl 72 and got to 73 surprisingly quick almost 74 now :o Love this update :D

anyhoo, i hope at least something i said was useful to someone...anyone :-s

thieving!!!!

DEGqA.pngQtYSR.pngHY2Ll.png

Iggy, great strategy, that's basically what I use, except I use home teleport / carpets from al kharid. I can stay for about 5 or 6 runs through though, ignoring enemies and not using protect prayers.

Sarco[bleep]i take too long, so I get chest in each room, and then everything in the last room, then restart. I still haven't gotten a sceptre :(

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

Using the sceptre to teleport to the guardian mummy...I managed to get around 150k thieving experience in an hour. :) Pretty good.

77 Combat || 1620+ Skill Total || Owner of Fire Cape

I'll get you guys the info for rooms 6 and 7. I'll edit this post with the experience as I get them. (Doing mini-game right now)

Room 6:

Urns: 450xp

Sarcophagi: 460xp

Chest: 300 xp

Room 7:

Urns: 675xp

Sarcophagi: ?

Chests: ?

Didn't recieve any experience from the last two. Maybe it's because when you find a mummy/locust thing you don't get any? I'm going to recheck the last two and update it here. :D

82-83 thieving + 100k experience so far, and still no scepter. Sigh. #-o

this minigame ftw! even the 41 room i go up a level or 2 every trip!

alos, note to people, you can right click the mummy and select "start minigame"

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.