lock please

Aneron

Im wondering what the best way to do abyssal nature crafting is. What survival eqiupment is needed? What items should I bring to get into the inner ring? I was thinking maybe bring an ectophial to a 1 click teleport, an amulet of glory, a row of food, one prayer pot for protect item if necessary, then a bronze pick and hatchet to make sure i can get into the center of the abyss quickly. Please tell me what is necessary, what isnt, and anything that I've left out.

EDIT: at everyone's advice, my plan has changed to this:

equipped: bronze hatchet, glory, boots of lightness, blue d hide, coif (woohoo), dragonfire shield (lol havent done elemental workshop or horror from the deep), ring of life, cooking guantlets i guess...

inventory:ectophial, pouches + ess, lol im still going to bring a 1 dose p pot

The biggest threat really is magers, so mage defense is good. Although I usually wear crappy metal armour for protection against the abyssal monsters. I got pked by a mage recently, so maybe don't take metal armour. Other than that, I wear my glory, wield an iron pick and a ring of life(didnt save me last time but has before), then fill my inv with only pouches and essence.

If you are about to get pked, drop your pouches, that way they will stay on the floor a little longer, as opposed to disappearing when you get pked. If you spawn in fally, or can get to a bank quick, you can whip out a glory tele to edge then run back to your stuff pile and see whats left, your pouches should be there if you were quick enough.

Junkieman608.png

What your suggesting with all the food, prayer pot, multiple tools and tele is a bit over the top. By carry so much you'll run slower and not get so many runes, thus cancelling out the benefits of the abyss.

What I do is 2 pouches, a glory, a tiny elf crystal (swap with ectophial if you haven't done MEP1) and the rest pure essence. I wield a simple steel/mithril axe and wear the best leather armour I can make+a glory and ring of dueling (which for me is green dhide chaps and vambs plus studded top).

I have never been pked once doing the abyss doing it this way, though don't go on busy worlds at peak times, your asking for it then. But it really isn't as hard as you might think and most people rarely die.

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png

I do it this way:

Wear d'hide body and weild earth staff. In my inv there Law rune, air rune, pouches and the rest with ess. I run to Zamorak mage, if attacked tele to house. If not, continue down abyss. Go thru the eyes, fastest one to know if you failed or not. Go to nat portal, RC, tele to house. Rub mounted Glory and tele to Edgeville.

The bad part about it is that you need 47 cons.

*But it also depends your lvl, if you're 90+ you're going to be PKed more than me (lvl 83) Most abyss PKers are lvl 90+

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Your combat stats are well over mine (41def and 53 hp) and I've never had problems with the abyss monsters while wearing green d-hide, coif, steel boots, and def ammy (sometimes I have to eat a lob or 2 when I get back to edgeville). So, that should give you an idea of what to bring (or not to). Bear in mind that I'm only combat lvl 61, so I've never ran into any pk'ers that can get me. I carry mith axe with me (for chopping canoe at Lumb to get to Edge...I can't recharge glory) and use it on tendrils to get to center.

I haven't got P'ked yet, maybe because my combat is quite low and my level is quite low. Anyways, you don't have to be so afraid of the abyssal monsters, as your defense is quite enough. Also, the worst that could happen to you is getting tb'd and entangled (with ancient's you could tele), so, bring green d'hide.

I'd get this in your case:

-Green d'hide body and chaps, glory, boots of lightness , bronze axe, (for me it works as well as a rune one)

-Pouches, ectophial, rest ess. Forget the food, but keep some in your bank to eat between trips. Getting both the pick and the hatchet isn't that good.

Also, some tips: -At your level, don't try the agility obstacle, (and I'm not sure about the thieving one either (I've heard it's really easy to get through it))

-If you do get PK'ed, try to drop your glory. That way you might get to recover it*

-If you fail anything thrice, change, it sometimes is too stubborn to let you in before you're dead

-Keep your Private Chat to friends

*(you lose your skull after getting killed, so you can run to bank, get a glory, tele to Edge, run to the mage, get your glory back, and maybe get killed again for a free tele)

This signature is intentionally left blank.

i've just made 20k nats wear the best d-hide armour u can wear,mystic hat,sara book or elemntal shield,god cape and boots of lightness

if u get attacked by an anciant dude try to tele,if ur tb then drop ur stuff,die and tele to edgevill asap then u just pick up your stuff and ur pouches

azerty_728.png

I would be highly surprised if any player could hit 70+ hitpoints with you running straight past them with a melee or ranged attack, so youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re main concern should be with mages. These types of players will attempt to entangle you (a spell that holds a player in one place for 15 seconds) and then cast teleblock upon you (a spell that blocks a player from teleporting) Note: Teleblock does not block from teleporting using the Zamorakian Mage. So you will want as high magic defence as possible. You should wear:

whattowearforabyssguide3hy.png

Wear as high dragon hide as you can because it provides an excellent magic defence bonus, your charged glory amulet for teleporting back to Edgeville, any god cape of your choice as it also provides a little extra magic defence bonus, bear mask to add more magic defence bonus (more than farseer or archer helmet as stated above), boots of lightness to make you weigh a little less so you can run longer, a pickaxe (any kind, I use adamant as it is easily replaceable and has no difference to rune when using it to break through the rock) Saradomin holy book for a magic defence boost as well as others, and finally a ring of life (many think that they will never be below 10% of their total hitpoints so the ring will

activate, but you will be surprised how many times it has saved me.)

In your inventory should be all the pouches you can use (make sure they are full with essence), an elf teleport crystal (or ectophial), and the rest full with un-noted pure essence. Note: I usually have teleport crystal just in the middle somewhere so I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t accidentally click it when filling/emptying my pouches or when clicking run on.

BTW this is an edit from my guide I wrote on the abyss, so it may seem a little wierd, lol. :o

Personally I wear a pickaxe, glory, boots of lightness and ring of life.

And I bring pouches, essence and ectophial.

Quite simple d-hides are stupid to bring when you have an ectophial. :-s

Mik2thekel.png

• 1 year later...
Personally I wear a pickaxe, glory, boots of lightness and ring of life.

And I bring pouches, essence and ectophial.

Quite simple d-hides are stupid to bring when you have an ectophial. :-s

What if a mage pker comes up and teleblocks you, entangles you, then dds specs you?

That dhide is there to stop (or delay) mages from teleblocking you or entangling you. Yes, the ectophial (or teletab in my case) is very useful. Except when you get teleblocked. Go rcing with dhide and watch as the entangles and teleblocks just bounce off.

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.

equipped: bronze hatchet, glory, boots of lightness, blue d hide, coif (woohoo), dragonfire shield (lol havent done elemental workshop or horror from the deep), ring of life, cooking guantlets i guess...

inventory:ectophial, pouches + ess, lol im still going to bring a 1 dose p pot

Change your hatchet to a mith pick. Pick, because the mining spots are closer to all the spawn points than the woodcutting, you should only ever be doing mining or agility obstacles. They are always closest. The reason for mith, is it is lightest, and still negligible cost.

Otherwise looks alright, just go for the best mage bonus you can. PERSONALLY, i don't wear any armour, as i don't get attacked nearly enough for me to think it's worth it slowing me down, but that's just a preference. Your enemy is teleblock so yeah mage bonus is the best to go for.

Also, personally, i swap rol for ring of duelling. the only way im gonna die is if i get tb/entangled, and if im tb'ed ring of life is useless. Duelling is just there for the occasions i forget my glory that run, cw bank is right there.