Killing Killerwatts - A guide

koddo

Killing Killerwatts - A guide

killerwatt.jpg

First off, why kill Killerwatts? The main reason of course is for Slayer, but they also have some unique, fun drops along with a good supply of Herbs and Nature Runes. It is also one of the least crowded spots because no one bothers training there.

How to get there Killerwatts are located on the third floor of Draynor Manor. Go through the Interdimensional rift to get there. If you don't like all the weird lights and stuff, put it on Low Detail.

Setup - Killerwatts are tricky because they use a combination of Melee and Range attacks. However, since they are electrical, you must use Slayer Boots at all time. Also, any type of Metal armor is a very bad idea. Instead, going with some sort of Range armor might be the best. (Other things like Granite might work, I dunno) There are two good ways of killing them, Melee and Range.

My Melee set up -

meleeinvo.jpg

Essentialy you're going for the best melee and range defence while using the least amount of metal armor that you can. I would suggest bringing a lot of food and a super set if you can, since D hide isn't the best defence.

Range set up -

rangeinvo.jpg

Karils has a better range defence than Black D hide, so it is a better choice. You can use a Crystal Bow or just a regular bow with arrows if you wish. Your inventory is pretty much the same, just full of food, you can bring a range or Super Defence pot if you want.

The best semi-safespot I've found is this little peninsula, it has 3 good spots to range from. Only the range attack will hit you this way, and not the melee one.

killerwatt3.jpg

It's tough to really locate it on the map, but it's about right here. (I'm the white dot, the Large White square is the rift that you enter from)

killmap.jpg

Picture using the "safespot" -

killerwatt2.jpg

And that's how you kill Killerwatts. With enough food you should be able to complete your Slayer task in one trip. Happy Hunting!

(Please add suggestions for how to make this guide better. I'm not a pro guide maker. :wink: )

sig2.jpg

Trojann, I think Killerwatts are pretty much tactic proof...not much you can do better...you can Guthan then somewhat, if you put on Range prayer while you Guthan them that works pretty well.

You make me sad Taito. :(

sig2.jpg

Whoops, sorry for the double post. :wall: :wall:

Essentially I could've made a post that said not to use Metal armor as it wouldn't have worked as well, but I decided to make a guide out of it instead. So just use that piece of info.

sig2.jpg

Good guide.. but my advice would be

DONT FIGHT THEM! :twisted:

Hey... sometimes you get them for slayer and have to. Also, they have some interesting drops.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

awesome guide. i dont like killerwatts, but then again, the one task i had them, i was using rune armor, ill try hides next time and use a bow with the safe spot. :wink:

edit: as for a suggestion, maybe add a part telling what level the killerwatts are and what they drop.

liek omg rly?

I think you should say what their max hit is?

max hit 6

which they hit alot of the time :|

The point of this guide is that people often bring metal armor there, which messes people up because then the Killerwatts own them. So don't bring metal armor there. And then they aren't too bad.

sig2.jpg

use barrow gloves instead of rune glove =p

and rune defender instead of zammy book...

it hits faster

use lava cape > obby > legends

i notice u've got no cape

+ no point standing at safespot since they will mage u in a distant ? i tot

That's just what I wear, obviously better things would be better to wear.

And the point of a half safe spot is to not be hit by the melee attack, which makes things a little easier.

sig2.jpg